Sony Bravia KDL-60EX700
Manufacturer: Sony Part number: KDL60EX700
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/20/2013Refurbished
| || In stock || |
as of 05/20/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $1,699.00 - $5,280.67
- Reviewed by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 03/17/2010
The good: Innovative automatic power-off feature saves energy; extremely energy-efficient; matte screen works well in brighter rooms; relatively accurate color; solid Internet services including Netflix, Amazon Video, and numerous niche videos; snappy menu system.
The bad: Reproduces lighter black levels; darker areas tinged blue; cannot adjust dejudder processing much; less-even screen uniformity; Netflix image quality worse than on other streaming devices.
The bottom line: Sony's midrange edge-lit LED-based LCD is nothing special from an image quality standpoint, but its Internet video and eco-friendliness will attract a lot of buyers.
Great tv but could be better
by agraff on March 30, 2010
Pros: Excellent picture, lots of inputs. PC connection is great whether VGA or HDMI, I use HDMI because of location(need less wires). Very affordable for a new LED-LCD large screen.
Cons: PIP went backwards, it is only available if/when using PC(VGA) connection and is only small screen. The WIFI connection has to have their Sony brand usb adapter.
Summary: If you are just looking for a great large tv, it is awesome. However if you want WIFI, be ready to buy the Sony adapter. Retail was an extra $80-90. ...
Summary: If you are just looking for a great large tv, it is awesome. However if you want WIFI, be ready to buy the Sony adapter. Retail was an extra $80-90. I just use the pc so not an issue anymore. And lastly the PIP is very disappionting, I consider this as a loss of a function, because it has to be on PC mode and the small PIP screen and there is no split. That is the biggest reason I rated it so low. Overall with my configuration I do love the tv.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Thank you Sony
by slvrshdo45 on March 15, 2010
Pros: Finally a Sony with an affordable led technology. And with a well lite outdoor room the non glare screen is an absolute must. Sony as far as I know is only one of two makers of this non glare screen. Just an awesome picture for such a big 60" screen
Cons: None yet. But the "presence sensor" if laying still long enough will turn the the picture into stand by mode after 30 minutes. But hasnt been a real issue as of yet. Also took a litte time geting the interenet access which could have been the cable.
Summary: The non glare screen gives a great appearance for life like images instead of looking thru a window like most of the othe high end TV's. It has so ...
Summary: The non glare screen gives a great appearance for life like images instead of looking thru a window like most of the othe high end TV's. It has so many features it actually took a little time getting it adjusted to where I wanted it. Hooking up the interent was also a challenge. No one ever complains about a Sony though. Looking foward to seeing if its like its predessors. Just keeps going and going and going.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
very nice TV
by Pissed_off_Pete on August 26, 2011
Pros: sharp picture, no lagging
Cons: none so far
This TV has such a sharp picture it is sinful.
by benderrodriquez on February 11, 2011
Pros: I bought my 53" Sony rear projection in 1993 for $3,500. I thought it had the best picture in the world. It finally died on Saturday, the day before the Super Bowl. Best Buy had this one on sale for $1,999. I bought it and have been happy ever since.
Cons: I have no complaints. Beautiful picture. I only hope that it lasts as long as my last Sony - 14 years. Fourteen years from now who knows what one can buy. Probably hologram vision by then.
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: KDL60EX700
- Bottom Line: Sony's midrange edge-lit LED-based LCD is nothing special from an image quality standpoint, but its Internet video and eco-friendliness will attract a lot of buyers.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 60 in
- Color Black
- Connectivity Ethernet,
Wi-Fi ready, adapter sold separately
- TV features SteadySound auto volume
- Technology LED-LCD
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- LED backlight type Edge-lit
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Refresh rate 120Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology 120Hz
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- 24p technology 24p True Cinema
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Wide Zoom,
- Comb filter 3D digital
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 576i,
- TV tuner presence Yes
- Tuner qty 1x analog/digital combo
- Digital TV tuner DVB-C,
- Analog TV tuner SECAM,
- TV tuner reception system SECAM-L,
- Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Analog video input signals PAL,
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects S-FORCE Front Surround Sound
- Total output power 20 Watt
- Audio controls Sound mode
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2),
1 x Headphones (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear,
1 x Component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Rear,
1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Rear,
1 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
2 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
2 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear,
2 x SCART (21 pin SCART) - Rear
- Video interface SCART,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Parental channel lock Yes
- V-chip control Yes
- Menu language Slovenian,
- Type Standard remote control
- Second remote control type None
- Component type None
- Service & support details Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Stand features Swivel
- Flat panel mount interface 400 x 300 mm
- Power device Power supply
- Power consumption operational 208 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.23 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 56.3 in x 15.2 in x 35.8 in - With stand
- Weight 84 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 59.8 in
- Depth 18.6 in
- Height 39.3 in
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 3.6
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.1