Sony Bravia KLV-40ZX1M
Manufacturer: Sony Part number: KDL-40ZX1M
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/22/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $2,199.91
- Reviewed by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 02/26/2009
- Released on: 12/15/2008
The good: Ultrathin panel creates a high-tech design; hidden cords; relatively accurate color; numerous picture controls; energy efficient.
The bad: Extremely expensive; subpar black-level performance and color saturation; uneven screen uniformity; scant connectivity with just one HDMI input.
The bottom line: As the first large-screen edge-lit LED-based LCD, Sony's KLV-40ZX1M looks stunning turned off, but it falls short when powered up.
One of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen.
by krichone on December 21, 2009
Pros: This LED has a super slim design making it perfect for wall mounting. The picture is amazing. There is almost no glare. The colors are crisp and clean. The black levels are excellent with proper adjusting.
Cons: Expensive, one HDMI input. You need to purchase a HDMI switcher to use more than one device. The speaker is not great but ok Requires seperate speaker if you chose to mount the TV on the wall.
Summary: A great Television. LED is the future of television. The picture is beautiful. Color are crisp and true. Although this is technically a monitor, when hooked up to a HD ...
Summary: A great Television. LED is the future of television. The picture is beautiful. Color are crisp and true. Although this is technically a monitor, when hooked up to a HD ready cable box you will see how amazing it is. I was origonally looking for a larger set but I couldn't pass up the offer I had to buy this one and I have no regrets. If this TV had another HDMI input and a Tuner I would have given it 5 stars
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
ALL HDMI FLAWED LACK OF ADAPTION: HDMI 2.0 STANDARD.
by thomasxstewa on February 13, 2010
Pros: ALL HDMI, HAS 1080p 24/30/60 fps. First reviewer likes picture.
Cons: Only Has HDMI 1.3, Flawed STANDARD. Until TV Mfgs, Make HDMI 2.0 STANDARD, Two Years Old, INTO /SETS, Implied Flaws, smaller,less overal, will be prevenlent, Yet Televison Industry REJects Out of hand HDMI2.0
Summary: Between price, & britleness of HDMI LCD in both screen breakage, Internal breakage & lack of controling FULL Functioning Quality PreSets, Especially Screen Image Shrinkage, LCD, Especially Better HDMI, Is ...
Summary: Between price, & britleness of HDMI LCD in both screen breakage, Internal breakage & lack of controling FULL Functioning Quality PreSets, Especially Screen Image Shrinkage, LCD, Especially Better HDMI, Is Slow As Molasses, NO Demand For Better AlReady Existent Standards That Should alReady Be Manufacturered to by Incorporating HDMI 2.0 Engineering.
Signed;PHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART von DRASHEK M.D.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: KDL-40ZX1M
- Description: See the world from a whole new angle with the revolutionary, 9.9 mm thin Sony BRAVIA KLV-40ZX1M LCD monitor. With Full HD 1080p resolution and a Wide Color Gamut LED edge light, the KLV-40ZX1M redefines the meaning of flat panel by combining performance with Sony's thinnest 40" diagonal display. It includes advanced color reproduction technologies such as 10-bit processing and a 10-bit panel for smoother color transitions and BRAVIA Engine fully digital video processor -- which reduces visual noise and sharpens image detail – and Motionflow 120Hz technology, engineered for fast action sports, movies and games allows you enjoy sharper, more fluid motion.
- TV type LCD TV
- Screen size 40 in
- Viewing angle 178 degrees
- Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees
- Color Black
- TV features Game mode
- Technology TFT active matrix
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 20000:1
- Refresh rate 120 Hz
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Wide Zoom,
- Contrast ratio 4000:1
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 1080/60p,
- TV tuner presence No
- Tuner qty No tuner
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects S-FORCE Front Surround Sound
- Total output power 20 Watt
- Audio controls Balance,
- HDMI ports qty 1
- Input/Output connections 1 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A)
- Video interface HDMI
- Menu language French,
- Type Standard remote control
- Second remote control type None
- Component type None
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Flat panel mount interface 300 x 300 mm
- Power device Power supply - Internal
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120 V
- Power consumption operational 188 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.3 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 38.8 in x 1.1 in x 23.6 in - Without stand
- Weight 26.9 lbs
- CNET Labs: Operational power consumption 160.65 Watt
- CNET Labs: Calibrated power consumption 79.46 Watt
- CNET Labs: Power Save Mode power consumption 46.88 Watt
- CNET Labs: Power consumption Stand by / Sleep 0 Watt
- CNET Labs: Estimated Annual Energy Cost 17.49 US Dollars
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 3.6
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.1