Manufacturer: Sony Part number: KDL-55HX750
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Shoplet.com|| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/09/2013
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 12/09/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $1,798.23 - $2,467.42
- Reviewed by: Ty Pendlebury
- Edited by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 03/29/2012
- Updated on:05/18/2012
The good: The Sony HX750 offers excellent color accuracy for an LCD and will give a decent picture without too much calibration. The feature count is one of the highest of any Sony TV this year. Styling is subdued but elegant, and it's not all about looks, because it's also easy to use.
The bad: The overall picture quality is hampered by light black levels. No 3D glasses are included, which is disappointing for a high-level TV. Compared with the stiff competition, this Sony is too expensive for what you get.
The bottom line: The Sony HX750 series isn't the headliner that you'd expect it to be with a performance that isn't up to the level of the asking price.
For under $1,500.00, it's a great value now.
by AJR1775 on February 22, 2013
Pros: Good value at it's current market price.
Cons: Non, wish the blacks were a bit better but have to step up at a price jump that is pretty big for LED. You're better off buying a P55VT50 but you'll get that watching from "behind a sheet of glass" feel that I don't like with Plasmas.
Summary: Can't go wrong with this TV now at the moment. Smart and 3D aspects are good but IMO these are ancillary features. You can get Panasonic Plasmas in this ...
Summary: Can't go wrong with this TV now at the moment. Smart and 3D aspects are good but IMO these are ancillary features. You can get Panasonic Plasmas in this price range that will deliver better inky blacks but the difference really isn't all that great and the Sony's color presentation is better I think. This LED-LCD TV does not suffer from the same lighting issues that plague the LG & Samsungs. Horizontal color uniformity is pretty spot on for a 55" LED-LCDs and only noticeable in the most extreme corners. This TV in my opinion is superior in the Blu-ray and HD channel playback department when compared to the similarly priced Panasonics that are well rated. Best TV in the $1,500.00 price right now....certainly not the case 6 to 8 months ago when the asking price was higher. Give it three more months and the price may fall a bit more before its pulled with the new lines coming in making it an even better value.
Better picture quality than any other LED in its class.
by alanrodgers51 on July 18, 2012
Pros: Great picture quality
Great internet features.
Good price $1799 for 55" competition was more expensive.
Good sound for an LED
Blacks are deep but not "crushed"
Gaming is amazing on this TV. Perfect match for my PS3 and XBOX 360
Cons: 55 inches is as big as it comes. I would like to see a 70 or 80 inch TV like this.
No downloadble apps
no 3D glasses.
Summary: Comparing this TV to the LG LM7600 and the Samsung ES7100, I feel the color accuracy is much better on the HX750. Not only that the motion seemed to be ...
Summary: Comparing this TV to the LG LM7600 and the Samsung ES7100, I feel the color accuracy is much better on the HX750. Not only that the motion seemed to be more clear. I also really liked the sound on the Sony better than the other brands, its clear and loud enough for me and I have poor hearing. All in all this is the best TV I've purchased to date. VERY HAPPY!
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: KDL-55HX750
- Description: Vivid picture quality, a slim design and access to entertainment way beyond cable merge in the exquisite HX750 series HDTVs. Sony's exclusive X-Reality engine takes picture quality to the next level by bringing astonishing color and detail to life for a strikingly more realistic picture. Motionflow XR 480 greatly reduces blur for action so clear, you might think you're watching it live. Plus, harness the power of built-in Wi-Fi to access the best selection of online entertainment. Take a glimpse into reality with a picture so lifelike, you won't believe it's TV. Skin tones, landscape foliage and countless details come alive as Sony's exclusive X-Reality engine displays realistic images. The processor optimizes four key characteristics - texture, outline, contrast and color - so each scene looks wonderfully authentic. It's all about perfecting a natural look. Dynamic edge LED backlighting with frame dimming delivers pitch-black night scenes and illuminates bright scenes so they pop with vibrant color - all in a slimmer, more attractive design. Rather than illuminating the entire screen, lighting is boosted in just the right areas for greater contrast and a more realistic picture. Watch the dirt bike launch through the air with reduced blurring in sight, even as the camera pans to follow its movement across the track. Quick motion seen in action movies appears amazingly realistic as Motionflow XR 480 doubles the motion effect for lifelike clarity - so you see all the action from your games and movies more clearly.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 55 in
- Viewing angle 178 degrees
- Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees
- Color Black
- 3D Active 3D
- 3D glasses & accessories 3D glasses sold separately
- Connectivity Wi-Fi
- Internet streaming services BRAVIA Internet Video,
- Skype details Skype ready,
Web camera sold separately - Sony CMU-BR100
- TV features X-Reality Engine,
Monolithic design and Gorilla glass,
Audio Return Channel (ARC),
- Technology LED-LCD
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- Backlight type (LED) Edge-lit with local dimming
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Refresh rate 240 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology Motionflow XR 480 technology
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- 24p technology 24p True Cinema
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Wide Zoom,
- Comb filter 3D digital
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 1080/30p,
- Supported computer resolutions 1920 x 1080,
1280 x 768 (WXGA),
1024 x 768 (XGA),
640 x 480 (VGA),
800 x 600 (SVGA),
1280 x 1024 (SXGA),
1360 x 768
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Tuner qty 1x analog/digital combo
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- Analog TV tuner NTSC
- TV tuner reception system NTSC-M
- Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Analog video input signals NTSC
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects S-FORCE Front Surround 3D
- Total output power 20 Watt
- Audio controls Sound mode
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 2 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Side,
1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Side,
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Composite video input (RCA phono) - Rear,
1 x Network (RJ-45) - Bottom,
2 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
2 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Bottom,
1 x Audio line-out / headphones (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Side,
1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Side,
2 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Bottom
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Parental channel lock Yes
- Menu language French,
- Type Standard remote control
- Features Scene Select
- Second remote control type None
- Component type None
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Stand features Swivel
- Flat panel mount interface 300 x 300 mm
- Power device Power supply - Internal
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120 V
- Power consumption operational 141 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 0.15 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 5.3
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 50 in x 12.3 in x 31.4 in - With stand
- Weight 52 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 56.9 in
- Depth 6.9 in
- Height 35.2 in
- Weight 68.3 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 3.6
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.1
Edge-lit with local dimming,
EPA Energy Star
EPA Energy Star