Manufacturer: Vizio Part number: E421VA
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 2.0 stars out of 4 reviews
- VIZIO's 42" class LCD HDTV delivers full 1080p HD picture quality and superior audio at an amazing value! This flat screen LCD HDTV features 120Hz refresh rate for sharp clarity of fast action scenes, SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound, 50,000 to 1 dynamic contrast ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/16/2014
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS TV!!
by SERIOUS24 on February 12, 2012
Pros: Got it for a great price for a xmas give for my wife. Played good for the first 11 months.
Cons: Audio is in and out, Video comes and goes.. One minute the volume is set for maybe 3 or 4, then it changes to level of 9 or 10..
Summary: Called Vizio for support within a year of the purchase. Stated I had issues with the volume and video. Gave me a couple of tips to fix it, stated to ...
Summary: Called Vizio for support within a year of the purchase. Stated I had issues with the volume and video. Gave me a couple of tips to fix it, stated to call back if any problems. Called back within 1 month (I travel a great deal). Stated that they would open a ticket. Call back with same issues. Stated they would send me a firmware update. They will not allow you to download it off the internet. Should arrive in 4 to 5 business days. I get it almost 2 weeks later. TV still has the same issues, so follow the instruction, and install the Firmware upgrade. At step number 6, it states "6. TV will power on automatically, after firmware upgrade." My TV only has the VIZIO LED on. So I call the troubleshooting desk @ 877.698-4946. They tell me something totally different from what the instruction i received stated. Install the USB and hold down the menu button and press the power button. Keep holding down the menu and release the power button. Nothing happens. They connect me with another tech, who tells me that due to my TV is no long under warranty, he will have to have his supervisor contact me with in 48 to 72hrs to see if they will provide anymore assistance. I called in before the year warranty was up, but because i didn't call back in with in 30days of the first ticket, the warranty is no good now. THE TV WAS WORKING BEFORE I INSTALLED THE FIRMWARE,JUST HAD ISSUES WITH VIDEO AND AUDIO, BUT NOW I HAVE NOTHING!!!!!!
Far too many problems with audio and one video glitch
by StanleyCup on May 4, 2011
Pros: When the TV is working well, it's great. The TV is usually one of the least expensive options for all of these features.
Cons: It has too many glitches. Nearly every time I use the television, it malfunctions. Typically I will be watching something and then, out of the blue, the volume will get incredibly loud , the TV will turn off and then turn back on, sort of resetting itse
Summary: Generally, the picture on this TV is of great quality, except when it randomly darkens. This is especially annoying when watching something with a darker picture to begin with, such ...
Summary: Generally, the picture on this TV is of great quality, except when it randomly darkens. This is especially annoying when watching something with a darker picture to begin with, such as a night scene. When this happens, you cannot see anything. Fortunately, most of these problems resolve themselves if you turn the TV off and turn it back on, but this is so annoying, especially if you are watching a sporting event like an NHL playoff game.
Decent Budget Product
by LAGadgetFiend on April 14, 2011
Pros: Excellent picture, we bought it at Costco for less than $500.00
Cons: The sound is horrible. It sounds like you're listening through budget tin speakers.
Summary: You get what you pay for. If you're going to use a home theater or other audio source, then it's a great deal. If don't want to ...
Summary: You get what you pay for. If you're going to use a home theater or other audio source, then it's a great deal. If don't want to spend the extra money on a some sound system, then look elsewhere. I use a Bose Sound Dock that I've connected to my DirecTV box so I'm satisfied with my purchase.
by Sfranzen on December 18, 2010
Pros: We got this from Costco, Picture is excellent and sound was good to be a bargain unit.
Cons: There are a few things that drove me nuts, 1. changing channels using the OTA/Coax tuner caused 3 seconds delay for the picture and one additional second for the sound to come on. 2. Sound sync with picture was inconsistent at best.
Summary: Maybe my unit was a lemon but it went back to Costco. Channel changing delay and sound sync issues were the reason for my return. Other than that the picture ...
Summary: Maybe my unit was a lemon but it went back to Costco. Channel changing delay and sound sync issues were the reason for my return. Other than that the picture quality was excellent and set up a breeze.
Overall package is ok and styling is fine. I did call Vizio tech support and went through the motions but it did not cure the problem with the unit. Their suggested solution was to send a tech out to evaluate but we did not want to wait a week to get this done.
I own a previous Vizio unit which is functioning just fine although the tv tuner is starting to become erratic , it does not come on at times.
- Manufacturer: Vizio
- Part number: E421VA
- Description: VIZIO's 42" class LCD HDTV delivers full 1080p HD picture quality and superior audio at an amazing value! This flat screen LCD HDTV features 120Hz refresh rate for sharp clarity of fast action scenes, SRS TruVolume and SRS TruSurround HD audio for advanced virtual surround sound, 50,000 to 1 dynamic contrast ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites, and four HDMI ports to connect up to four HDMI devices to your TV. This 42" also exceeds ENERGY STAR 4.1 guidelines to reduce energy consumption and utilizes built-in ambient light sensing technology, which automatically adjusts backlight levels to the brightness of its surroundings.
- TV type LCD TV
- Screen size 42 in
- Viewing angle 178 degrees
- Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees
- TV features Bass & treble control,
- Technology TFT active matrix
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 50000:1
- Refresh rate 120 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology 120 Hz Smooth Motion technology
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Response time (ms) 5 ms
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Wide,
- Brightness 500 cd/m2
- Comb filter 3D digital
- Color temperature control Yes
- Backlight life 60,000 hour(s)
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 720p,
- Supported computer resolutions 720 x 400,
1360 x 768,
1920 x 1080,
1024 x 768 (XGA),
640 x 480 (VGA),
800 x 600 (SVGA)
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC,
- Analog TV tuner NTSC
- TV tuner reception system NTSC
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Analog video input signals NTSC
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS TruSurround HD
- Total output power 20 Watt
- Audio controls Equalizer,
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 4 x HDMI input (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (RCA phono x 2) - Rear,
1 x Digital audio output (optical) (TOSLINK) - Rear,
1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Rear,
1 x Audio line-in (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Side,
1 x USB (4 pin USB Type A) - Side
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Parental channel lock Yes
- V-chip control Yes
- Type Universal remote control
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year,
Technical support - Lifetime
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Flat panel mount interface 200 x 200 mm
- Power device Power supply
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120 V
- Power consumption operational 79 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 1 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 4.1
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 39.8 in x 10 in x 26.7 in - With stand
- Weight 37.5 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 46.1 in
- Depth 8.1 in
- Height 31.5 in
- Weight 52 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes