Manufacturer: Vizio Part number: E552VLE
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/14/2014Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $1,081.40
- Reviewed by: David Katzmaier
- Reviewed on: 03/21/2012
- Released on: 03/01/2012
The good: The Vizio E2VLE delivers plenty of features for the price, including a 120Hz refresh rate, Smart TV and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. Its streaming video and audio selection is excellent. It evinced accurate colors and its matte screen helps picture fidelity in bright rooms.
The bad: Compared with other budget TVs the 32VLE showed even lighter black levels, and it failed to properly handle 1080p/24 sources. Its Smart TV interface can seem dated, as can its styling, even for a non-LED-based LCD TV.
The bottom line: The Vizio E2VLE series may appeal to budget shoppers who just want Smart TV, but subpar picture quality hurts its chances against the tough competition.
What's with the humming noise?
by surlypenguin on May 16, 2013
Pros: Nice picture quality for the price. Easy startup from box to viewing. Smart T.V. features easy to use.
Cons: Makes a odd humming noise very noticable during low light scenes, remote has very small buttons.
Summary: I needed a new HD t.v. after my Samsung DLP suffered a meltdown after almost 10 years of loyal service. Being impressed with the picture at such a relatively ...
Summary: I needed a new HD t.v. after my Samsung DLP suffered a meltdown after almost 10 years of loyal service. Being impressed with the picture at such a relatively low price and interested in checking out the new to me "smart" t.v. features, I chose the Vizio E552VLE. I was very happy with the ease of set up from out of box assembly to hooked up and viewing. All connections are in the rear of the T.V. and easily accessible. Was equally happy with the picture quality from all viewing angles. After a short time however my wife pointed out a whistling noise coming from the T.V. during the darker scenes of the show we were watching. Afetr being made aware of the sound, watching the T.V. becaqme almost unbearable and I even seemed to notice it when the T.V. was turned off. I googled "Vizio Buzzing noise" and discovered about ten different diagnosis, none of which resulted in an acceptable solution for a new television. I have since returned the T.V. and replaced it with an LED Samsung which doesn't make the noise. Other problems with the televion include a remote with small, tightly packed buttons that is difficult to use. Finally, while I realize "smart" t.v. is in it's infancy, I don't see the use of it to the casual viewer compared to the increased cost of the television. Watching Netflix becomes easier, but other apps such has Facebook, Pandora, and YouTube are so much easier to use on a mobile device so common in many households today. The cost is not justified when you can get a wi fi blue ray player for 80 bucks on todays market that does many of the same things of the "smart T.V."
Buy another brand!
by cassiet47 on November 7, 2012
Pros: nice picture
Cons: no internet connection. Customer service is ridiculous...
Summary: We bought this tv, and have been very happy with the picture quality, but the wifi connection has not worked. We have already had a replacement, and the same thing, ...
Summary: We bought this tv, and have been very happy with the picture quality, but the wifi connection has not worked. We have already had a replacement, and the same thing, only this time hard wire doesn't work either. Save the money and just get a TV... I am in the process of trying for a refund since they conveniently swapped my tv, so now i cannot take back to the store. Buy another brand!
- Manufacturer: Vizio
- Part number: E552VLE
- Description: VIZIO's 55" Class LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps puts the best of the web right on your TV screen, giving you instant access to VUDU, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Facebook, Twitter and more. With built-in WiFi for easy set-up, this HDTV also boasts 1080p Full HD and 120Hz refresh rate for a superior picture at an amazing value. Its ambient light sensing technology ensures a perfectly-balanced picture that's never washed out or too bright. SRS StudioSound HD supplies advanced virtual surround sound, while four DMI ports accommodate your home theater setup, Blu-ray Player and cable or satellite TV to deliver a full cinematic experience. It also meets ENERGY STAR 5.3 guidelines making this stylish HDTV a smart choice for the environment and your wallet.
- TV type LCD
- Screen size 55 in
- Viewing angle 178 degrees
- Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees
- Smart TV Yes
- Internet streaming services Smart TV
- Skype details Skype ready,
Web camera sold separately - Vizio XCV100
- TV features On-screen menu,
JPEG photo playback,
Ambient light sensor (ALS),
SRS StudioSound HD
- Technology TFT active matrix
- Backlight technology CCFL-backlit LCD
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 100000:1
- Refresh rate 120 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology 120 Hz Smooth Motion technology
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Response time (ms) 6.5 ms
- Progressive Scan Progressive scanning (line doubling)
- Widescreen Widescreen
- Widescreen modes Wide,
- Brightness 400 cd/m2
- Color temperature control Yes (Normal/Computer/Cool/User)
- HDCP compatible Yes
- Supported DTV resolutions 720p,
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 15 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS StudioSound,
SRS TruSurround HD
- Total output power 30 Watt
- Audio controls Equalizer,
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 2 x USB,
1 x VGA (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Rear,
(19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
(RCA phono x 3) - Rear,
(RCA phono x 2) - Rear,
(15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Rear,
(Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear,
(RJ-45) - Rear,
(4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
(TOSLINK) - Rear,
(Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Rear
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Parental channel lock Yes
- Menu language French,
- Type Standard remote control
- Component type None
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year,
Technical support - Lifetime
Stands & Mounts
- Stand included Included
- Stand design Tabletop
- Flat panel mount interface 200 x 400 mm
- Power device Power supply
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120 V
- Power consumption operational 102 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 1 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 5.3
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 52 in x 5 in x 32.6 in - Without stand
- Weight 65.9 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 66.1 in
- Depth 8.9 in
- Height 38.6 in
- Weight 95.7 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes