Manufacturer: Vizio Part number: M3D550KDE
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 2 reviews
- With more entertainment to enjoy and more exciting ways to watch, the VIZIO M-series 55" class LED Smart TV with theater 3D is the perfect upgrade everyone will love. Packed with the must-have features - award-winning, flicker-free theater 3D and stunning picture quality of Razor thin LED, 1080p Full HD, and 120 Hz effective refresh rate - this HDTV turns ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/18/2013
Laggy Interface, Ho-Hum Picture
by rohein on March 3, 2013
Pros: - Smart TV
- Passive 3d
Cons: - Extremely laggy app interface
- Muddy picture
- Setup documentation is non-existent
- Repeatedly dropped bluetooth connection to remote
- Poor network connection
Summary: Needed to replace a five year-old Vizio plasma TV, so I thought I'd go with another plasma. Returned it to the store within two weeks. The picture is dull ...
Summary: Needed to replace a five year-old Vizio plasma TV, so I thought I'd go with another plasma. Returned it to the store within two weeks. The picture is dull and muddy and despite adjustments, was never able to get it to look good. I was able to get it to bright and cold, but watching it at that setting burned my retinas. Was never able to find a happy medium. The sound was okay, and the 3d was very cool.
The most frustrating part was the remote/initial setup. When I turned on the TV the first time, I expected to be blown away by a hopefully simple setup. None of the buttons on the remote worked. There was no documentation on how to pair the bluetooth remote with the TV, and the on-screen tutorial that was supposed to walk me through it didn't load. So I had to go to the internet to figure things out, because there was no included manual to tell me what to do. Finally, after an hour and a half of frustration and surveying the internet, I determined that I had to use the controls on the TV to navigate through several sub-menus and to get to the bluetooth remote pairing. After it paired, it was a matter of working through some very laggy apps to get Hulu, Amazon VOD and Netflix working. Over the next couple weeks, I got increasingly annoyed with the laggy apps and re-pairing the bluetooth remote, so it went back. Got a different TV and have been very, very happy with the alternative.
If you want a tv for its smart functions primarily, look elsewhere. If you want a 3d television with apps to use occasionally for less than $1000, this may be your TV. The bluetooth remote is a very cool idea, but is not well-executed.
Great Value For A 3D TV Under $1000!
by TheDigitalDoom on February 23, 2013
Pros: 'Smart' 3D experience for under $1000
Cons: 'Smart' features are lacking
Summary: This is a really great, value priced 3D HDTV.
I spent weeks trying to find the best 55"-60" 3DTV under $1000 and finally settled on this one. I'm ...
Summary: This is a really great, value priced 3D HDTV.
I spent weeks trying to find the best 55"-60" 3DTV under $1000 and finally settled on this one. I'm so glad I did!
I was quite hesitant at first because I read many posts from people claiming this was a 'Bait-N-Switch' model created by Vizio to increase holiday sales on a lower quality model than the 550KD. While it may be true that it was a little unethical to release this model right before the holidays, hoping to sell it by riding the popularity of the 550KD model, it's still a great TV at a great price.
I searched and searched for a decent review on this model before taking the plunge and found little to nothing online. Several reviews on it were actually mistaken reviews where the KD model was the actual TV used. Not one review on the actual KDE model...only speculation that it was produced as a 'Bait-N-Switch' model.
In fact, this is a great TV in it's own right. I haven't seen the KD model to compare, so I have no idea if it was a better model or not. It's now discontinued so I will never know how it compares.
I just got this one home tonight and set it up for some 3d gaming and movie watching and I couldn't be happier. I was worried because the reviews I've seen on passive 3D aren't very great, but it's definitely a worthy 3D platform IMHO. As with the 550KD, I haven't seen active 3D, so I can't compare. I will say though, that the passive 3D is perfectly acceptable for my family and I would think it would be for any average family wanting the 3D experience in their home.
Picture quality on this TV in 2D is also quite good. I previously owned the Vizio e601i-a3 model 60" LED TV and this 550KDE has a much better picture than that model did. Great colors, decent blacks for a low priced LED TV. The only thing I have noticed is that the whites are a little off. It's not a deal breaker, but they aren't bright whites in standard or movie modes.
I've so far found the 'Game' setting to be the best option for nearly all viewing. I do expect that to change once I've had a little time to fiddle with the settings.
In conclusion I would just like to re-state that this is definitely a great value priced 3D TV. With a little more money, it may be possible to get a better 3D experience in your home, but if you want a big screen (55"+) 3D HDTV for under $1000, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better one than this!
- Manufacturer: Vizio
- Part number: M3D550KDE
- Description: With more entertainment to enjoy and more exciting ways to watch, the VIZIO M-series 55" class LED Smart TV with theater 3D is the perfect upgrade everyone will love. Packed with the must-have features - award-winning, flicker-free theater 3D and stunning picture quality of Razor thin LED, 1080p Full HD, and 120 Hz effective refresh rate - this HDTV turns any room into your getaway to an exhilarating world of movies, sports and entertainment on demand. Enjoying favorites like Netflix, Amazon instant video, Hulu Plus, Skype and more† is easier than ever with built-in Wi-Fi and the included smart remote with keyboard. The VIZIO M-series 55" class LED Smart TV with theater 3D gives you more of what you love about TV with all of the brilliant picture quality.
- TV type LED-backlit LCD TV
- Screen size 55 in
- Viewing angle 178 degrees
- Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees
- 3D Yes
- Connectivity Built-in Wi-Fi,
- Internet streaming services VIZIO Internet Apps (VIA),
- Smart TV Yes
- TV features Ambient light sensor (ALS),
SRS StudioSound HD,
- 3D glasses & accessories 3D glasses (4pcs) included
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- LED backlight type Edge-lit
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 1000000:1
- Refresh rate 120 Hz
- Motion Enhancement Technology 120Hz SPS
- Aspect ratio 16:9
- Response time (ms) 6 ms
- Brightness 360 cd/m2
- TV tuner presence Yes
- Secondary audio program (SAP) Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS StudioSound,
SRS TruSurround HD
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15)
- Input/Output connections 1 x Composite video / component video input (RCA phono x 3) - Bottom,
1 x VGA input (15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)) - Side,
1 x Network (RJ-45) - Bottom,
4 x HDMI (19 pin HDMI Type A) - Side,
2 x USB 2.0 (4 pin USB Type A) - Side,
1 x SPDIF output (TOSLINK) - Side,
1 x Audio output (Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm) - Side
- Video interface HDMI,
- Menu language French,
- Type 2-sided remote with keyboard
- Features QWERTY dual-sided
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year,
Technical support - Lifetime
Stands & Mounts
- Flat panel mount interface 400 x 400 mm
- Power consumption operational 108 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 1 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 5.3
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 49.67 in x 11.22 in x 32.12 in - With stand
- Weight 58.49 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 59.8 in
- Depth 5.1 in
- Height 33.5 in
- Weight 68.3 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes