Vizio Razor M3D420SR
Manufacturer: Vizio Part number: M3D420SR
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 4 reviews
- Bring the 3D movie theater experience home. VIZIO's 42" class Theater 3D Edge Lit Razor LED LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps delivers stunning, cinema-style 3D. Whether you're watching the latest blockbuster or the championship game, with Theater 3D you get crystal-clear, flicker-free 3D that's brighter with less ghosting than conventional 3D. Don't miss a thing. ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/11/2013
Out of the Box this TV is the most Stunning I've Seen.
by Biorunner on November 22, 2011
Pros: 1. Picture Quality is Amazing
2. LED Technology.
3. Passive 3D so no bulky expensive glasses to buy
4. Works very well with PS3
Cons: 1. Screen does have glare like a Plasma screen does.
Summary: My goals for this TV choice in order of importance are 1. HD picture Quality. Though it isn't the best way to determine the best TV picture quality I ...
Summary: My goals for this TV choice in order of importance are 1. HD picture Quality. Though it isn't the best way to determine the best TV picture quality I went to Fry's and from a far tried to pick out the best picture among a sea of TV's without looking at the LOGO, I almost always picked out the Vizio. 2. LED Technology, I am willing to pay a little more for a high quality if I know it will last longer. 3. I wanted Passive 3D capabilities. This TV comes with 4 free pair of glasses. 4. Price is always a factor. I paid about $900.00 from Walmart which I know may go down in the coming months but this TV was just released in October. Also, this was still 100 bucks off MSRP so I'm ok with it. You can get similar older models such as the non LED type for 200 to 300 less. However I had to have LED.Just an update on this review, tried 3D and I think its a good novelty. You have to be looking straight at the TV to get the full 3D Effect. Any angle or if your too close the effect tends become blurry. I don't blame Vizio for this issue as I think the technology is just not there yet. All TV's will experience this problem and I wasn't really expecting much.
Out of the box I was completely blown away by the lifelike crisp clear picture quality on this TV. It meets and exceeds all my expectations from this regard. The TV is super thin which does not matter to me that much but still pretty cool. Set up was very strait forward, Connect Power, HDMI to PS3, and Ethernet and away you go. The Remote flips open revealing a full key board to help put in your info. I was also impressed with how well PS3 and TV work together. The two devices communicate with each other and make a nice pair. example is PS3 recognizes that a TV with 3D capability is connected and adjusts its settings. You indicate during TV set up that you are connected to the PS3 and the pair do the rest. I love it when things just work. This review is only after about 3 days of use and I have not tried 3D yet out so may have to come back and update my review. I did not give this TV a full 5 stars because of one problem I did notice. Glare, I was a little bummed when I noticed reflection while the TV was on. Also, I have not made my adjustments yet so maybe a slight bump in brightness will help.
Updated on Dec 13, 2011
I also tried some of the Net Apps which seem OK. I use Netflix Alot. The interface is basically the same as what you get using PS3, But Not nearly as easy as using a computer, Still though its a plus and I will use it.
Last Point, I testing the Gaming to make sure there was no Lag or similar problems. There were none so no issues with refresh rate.
Overall, Aside from the Glare problem. The best TV I have ever owned. Good Job Vizio!!! 4 1/2stars.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great while it worked. Worked until warranty ended.
by tarheelmeg on December 31, 2012
Pros: While the TV worked it was great.
Cons: TV broke 3 weeks after the warranty ended and Vizio will not help with parts.
Summary: My husband and I bought our first Vizio product, a 42" 3D LED flat screen a little over a year ago. Three weeks after the warranty ran out it would ...
Summary: My husband and I bought our first Vizio product, a 42" 3D LED flat screen a little over a year ago. Three weeks after the warranty ran out it would not turn on. Vizio offered us a "new" flat screen for $600, with only a 3 month warranty. Why would we buy a tv with less of a warranty after ours went dead 2 weeks after a year-long warranty ended? We called a repairman from a reputable local company who determined the main module on the tv is dead. Vizio would not help me get a main module, and they told me there isn't even one available from their main distributor, Vizparts. I cannot get over Vizio's lack of support. Until this flat screen purchase my husband and I have always bought Sony products and all of them still work. Vizio advertises they have the best customer service; however this experience points towards otherwise. This was our first and last Vizio product.
Flawless picture, stunning quality, amazing TV!
by ehassan4 on March 23, 2012
Pros: 1. Incredible picture
2. Plenty of ports for HD Box, gaming, etc
3. Passive 3D
4. Fast, responsive internet
5. Slim, attractive design
7. Unique remote
8. Awesome value
Cons: 1. Tough angle for coax cable
Summary: This is by far the best television ive ever had the pleasure of watching! I bought this tv on black friday and paid only $598, ive never seen a tv (...
Summary: This is by far the best television ive ever had the pleasure of watching! I bought this tv on black friday and paid only $598, ive never seen a tv (after alot of searching) with this amount of features, especially for under $600! It had to be too good to be true, but no! Ive fallen in love lost in the incredible picture and the amazing apps and other features this TV has to offer! I never want to buy another TV, im beyond satisfied!!
I am absolutely amazed by this TV.
by NEDNERBISH on January 2, 2012
Pros: 1.BEAUTIFUL picture, 2.Outstanding construction (not cheap, lightweight crap), 3. 3D is fantastic, 4. LED baby!!, 5.Video gaming is UNBELIEVABLE!!( you'll be blown away).
Cons: Wish there was more Audio controll.
Summary: I purchased the m3d420sr on Black friday. I couldn't find any reviews on it, most likely because it is new model. I must say this TV blew me away! ...
Summary: I purchased the m3d420sr on Black friday. I couldn't find any reviews on it, most likely because it is new model. I must say this TV blew me away! I play a ton of video games and the pic is outstanding. I've also been playing Batman Arkham city on 3d and it is amazing. I will finish the game in 3d now. If you are looking for an affordable, high quality tv, this is it. Not cheap feeling at all. I am very happy with my decision. I could've got any make but VIZIO had the best picture that I saw. Love it... [[****:B005TGMPTY Vizio M3D421SR 42-Inch 1080p LCD TV, Black]]I bought the m3d421sr 3 days ago and I just purchased the m3d421sr Black friday. I couldn't find any reviews on it, most likely because it is new model. I must say this TV blew me away! I play a ton of video games and the pic is outstanding. I've also been playing Batman Arkham city on 3d and it is amazing. I will finish the game in 3d now. If you are looking for an affordable, high quality tv, this is it. Not cheap feeling at all. I am very happy with my decision. I could've got any make but VIZIO had the best picture that I saw. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Big time. I'm a gamer and I never hear much on reviews about vid games, so here it is. I'm currently playing MW3, BF3, and Batman Arkham City. MW3 is nice, beautiful picture, sharp edges. BF3 is Un- freaking- believable. WOW It feels like a whole new game with this tv. As if they made it just for this tv. Perfect. Now Batman is indescribable, awesome, perfect isn't a good enough word. I started playing it in 2d until I realized my xbox plays 3d games w this tv!!!! I keep it on 3d now. I played for hours and my eyes weren't all goofy. I admitt at first it took a little to get use to but now it is crazy fun. I though the pic would come out of the screen , like the movies, but it goes in!!! It is amazing, when you go on a roof or walk down a hall it gives total perspective of how big the city is, Im hooked. I wak eup in the middle of the night to run down and play games! My wife hates it, but doesn't push the subject:) So if you have a girl who hates your gaming, this might not be for you. Get a plasma:P. 240hz is awesome, no shakey images at all.I did a ton of research before buying this tv and i am 150% happy. I checked out LG's, Samsungs, Sonys, ect. Nothing even came close for the price and features.Also, it doesn't feel cheap, or lightweight crap. It is very well built. You will not be dissappointed.
- Manufacturer: Vizio
- Part number: M3D420SR
- Description: Bring the 3D movie theater experience home. VIZIO's 42" class Theater 3D Edge Lit Razor LED LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps delivers stunning, cinema-style 3D. Whether you're watching the latest blockbuster or the championship game, with Theater 3D you get crystal-clear, flicker-free 3D that's brighter with less ghosting than conventional 3D. Don't miss a thing. Watch Theater 3D plus all your standard and high definition movies and TV shows on this 42" TV. Its striking 240 Hz refresh rate, 1080p Full HD and 5 million to 1 dynamic contrast ratio deliver truly deep blacks, brilliant color and smooth fast-action viewing. It'll turn any room into the main attraction. This 3D HDTV also includes VIZIO Internet Apps and built-in Wi-Fi, giving you the convenience of on-demand movies, TV shows, social networking, music, photos, and more - all at the push of a button on the premium Bluetooth universal remote with sliding QWERTY keypad. Razor LED backlighting with Smart Dimming intelligently controls each block of LEDs, automatically turning them completely on and off as viewing content requires. The result is truly deep blacks, brighter whites and vivid colors that mark this HDTV as among the best in the industry. Treat yourself to a phenomenal entertainment experience. StudioSound HD provides immersive surround sound over stereo speakers, complete with deep bass and crisp high-frequency details. With SRS TruVolume, it also levels abrupt volume fluctuations and delivers crystal clear dialog throughout programming.
- TV type LED-LCD
- Screen size 42 in
- Viewing angle 178 degrees
- Viewing angle (vertical) 178 degrees
- 3D Yes
- 3D glasses & accessories 3D glasses (4pcs) included
- TV features SRS TruVolume
- Technology LED-LCD
- Backlight technology LED Backlight technology
- Backlight type (LED) Edge Lit Razor LED
- Native resolution 1920 x 1080
- Resolution 1080p
- Dynamic contrast ratio 100000:1
- Refresh rate 240 Hz
- Response time (ms) 5.5 ms
- Widescreen Widescreen
- HDCP compatible Yes
- TV tuner presence Yes
- HDTV Tuner Yes
- Digital TV tuner ATSC
- Analog TV tuner NTSC
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker - Built-in - 10 Watt
- Surround mode Yes
- Sound effects SRS StudioSound HD,
SRS TruSurround HD
- Total output power 20 Watt
- HDMI ports qty 4
- PC interface VGA (HD-15),
- Input/Output connections 4 x HDMI (HDMI 1.4a),
- Video interface HDMI,
- Closed captioning Yes
- Type Universal remote control
- Service & support 1 year warranty
- Service & support details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year,
Technical support - Lifetime
Stands & Mounts
- Flat panel mount interface 400 x 400 mm
- Power device Power supply
- Power device nominal voltage AC 120/230 V
- Power consumption operational 115 Watt
- Power consumption stand by / sleep 1 Watt
- ENERGY STAR version 5.3
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 40.2 in x 3.3 in x 25.9 in - Without stand
- Weight 31.3 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 45.3 in
- Depth 7.4 in
- Height 32.3 in
- Weight 39.9 lbs
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes