Belkin wireless cable/DSL gateway router
Manufacturer: Belkin Part number: F5D62303
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/10/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $64.95
- Reviewed by: Eric Knorr
- Reviewed on: 04/04/2002
The good: Excellent 802.11b throughput; easy setup; lifetime warranty.
The bad: No network cable; adapter setup software works with only Windows 98 or Me.
The bottom line: For home or small-office networks, Belkin delivers a simple, unobtrusive, and reliable wireless gateway with no special features--but no gotchas, either.
Port forwarding virtual server don't work
Pros: Easy set up
Cons: The prot forwarding just plain simple does not work. Firmware bug unacknolodeged by Belkin. Support doesn't even understand the problem. If you have a web server behind the router, port forwarding of port 80 of ssl (443) does not work . no error message
1 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
A piece of crappy-crap-crap
Summary: Signal drops constantly Very limited range in my house Barely works when more than one user logs on at a time. Belkin rejects $80 in rebates and doesn't provide ...
Summary: Signal drops constantly Very limited range in my house Barely works when more than one user logs on at a time. Belkin rejects $80 in rebates and doesn't provide any contact info to dispute. Last Belkin product I will ever buy for myself or those I do consulting for.
1 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Belkin wireless routers I have 3
by zerocqql on July 10, 2009
Pros: Easy to hook up but so is most routers.
Cons: Drop you all the time, port forwarding Does not work google this problem before you buy,it drops stale connections,
Summary: Belkin makes crap routes google any forum about this, port fowarding or belkin and you will see everyone will tell you that there problems have problems I replaced all 3 ...
Summary: Belkin makes crap routes google any forum about this, port fowarding or belkin and you will see everyone will tell you that there problems have problems I replaced all 3 routers with a diffrent brand they all work fine.
Works for me
by jcat57126 on February 16, 2006
Pros: Great Connection and signal well built not cheap plastic and lifetime warranty
Cons: ocassionally the connection is lost but it seems to repair itself.
Summary: I have tried other routers and this one seems to work the best.I've used this device for almost 3 years and it has held up very well. Hats ...
Summary: I have tried other routers and this one seems to work the best.I've used this device for almost 3 years and it has held up very well. Hats off to Belkin!
Sginal Conflict And drops
Pros: Relatively cheap when I bought 4 months ago. Combined b/g.
Cons: when I bought the signal used to drop once in few days. now I have experiencing the most horrible. For last 2 months it has been a nightmare - and yes with no help from the Technical support or FAQ. Recently it has become a joke - everytime my Microwave
I'm going straight back to Linksys
Cons: Very buggy, poor range. Why is this product still being sold to people if it clearly has so many problems?
Great when connected but drops out too much
Pros: When its working its fast and transparent.
Cons: Despite an 'excellent' signal strength the connection to the router drops out way too often and has to be manually restored. I suspect that it has trouble when a neighbour's Linksys system is being used, but its on a different channel and the signal is we
Pros: Easy setup
Cons: Connection problems between pc and router. During games big lag(5sec) and disconnetion. Don't Buy!
What a pile of junk
Pros: Easy yo set up, makes a nice doorstop.
Cons: As everyone else has said, it stops responding about once a day and requires a hard reset, Belkin website and tech support are ZERO help, what a waste of money!
WENT FROM GREAT TO JUNK IN 8MONTHS
Pros: WAS VERY EASY TO SET UP WORKED LIKE DREAM
Cons: LOSES CONNECTION TOOO MUCH AND DOES NOT BROADCAST SIGNAL WORTH ANY THING I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS ROUTER. BY THE WAY WORKS WELL AS A CUPHOLDER
- Manufacturer: Belkin
- Part number: F5D62303
- Description: The Belkin Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway Router lets you share files and a broadband Internet connection among all your computers-without using cables. It's never been easier to access files and networked peripherals such as hard drives, printers, CD-ROMs, and DVDs. An integrated, 3-port 10/100Base-Tx Ethernet switch also allows you to connect wired computers to the network. The Router offers NAT firewall to protect your network from outside intrusions by hackers, and an IP Sec pass-through for remote access through Virtual Private Networking (VPN). DMZ hosting lets you play accelerated games over the Internet. A simple, browser-based setup, guided by Belkin software configures your wireless network and broadband modem in minutes.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Gateway
- Built-in Devices None
- Enclosure Color Gray
Processor Memory / Storage
- Flash Memory Installed (Max) None
- Hard Drive none.
- Floppy Drive None
- Optical Storage None
- Storage Removable None
- Form Factor External
- Ports Qty 4
- Connectivity Technology Wireless ,
- Digital Video Format None
- Data Transfer Rate 100 Mbps
- Data Link Protocol Ethernet ,
IEEE 802.11b ,
- Switching Protocol Ethernet
- Network / Transport Protocol TCP/IP,
- Remote Management Protocol HTTP
- Capacity Connection / user qty : 64
- Status Indicators Link activity,
- Features VPN support,
- Compliant Standards IEEE 802.11b ,
IEEE 802.3u ,
- Antenna Internal
- Antenna Qty 2
- Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Compatible Slots None
- Connections None
- Compliant Standards Plug and Play
- Power Provided 10 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- Service & Support Limited lifetime warranty