Adobe Photoshop CS
Manufacturer: Adobe Part number: 23101764
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/18/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $2,995.00
- Reviewed by: Lori Grunin
- Reviewed on: 01/14/2004
- Released on: 10/28/2003
The good: Nested layer sets; allows text editing on a path; tons of ways to correct colors; enhanced 16-bit operation.
The bad: Filter Gallery doesn't work in 16-bit mode or with all filters; XML requires too much work.
The bottom line: Photoshop CS remains the choice for professional image editing, and it's worth the upgrade, although some new features could be better implemented.
Problem with Activation?!
Pros: Photoshop is the standard application for graphic PROFESSIONALS. If you're complaining about activation, that's because the product is not for YOU. People who make a profit using photoshop pay for it. If you just want to edit your digicam photos or mak
The standard for photo editing
Pros: This is the standard that everything is judged by. An excellent program!!
Activation is pointless
Pros: Photoshop is the best image editing software.
Cons: Activation is pointless. People that buy the software such as busisness users and freelancers. People who priated the software before will just do it again. Activation is easily cracked. Its as useless of an antipiracy tactic as product keys.
Price & Activation are NOTHING...
Pros: Being new to the digital editing field... The program it's self can be very overwhelming (layers etc). There are THREE ways to try the program... *ONE* You can download a trial version from Adobe.com and play with YOUR computers 'DATE' system... and the 3
Cons: I played around with an older version of paint and it was much easier to use. This program does take a bit of skill and hours of sit time.
Great enhancements, unfortunately a product with no alternatives, as Adobe becomes more MSlike....
Pros: I recently saw a demo of CS with Scott Kelby at the Javits Center in NYC. There are some real nice updates that make this a viabable upgrade such as the red eye tool, increased file browser functionality, image stitching among other new enhancements. Howe
Cons: I have been a dedicated user and licensee since Photoshop 5. I first started out with a "borrowed" copy of 4 and was hooked. Unfortunately, Adobe is being much criticized and rightly so for it's authentication process. This is something that has now becom
Activation - Who loses?
Pros: Photoshop is still the main tool - though I still think most users will get by with version 5.01 (imageready is a joking plug-in)
Cons: Activation - Here's a popular scenario ... You have a laptop for when you are working out of the office. You want the new version of Photoshop. YOU HAVE TO buy two licences (no choice). You see a cracked version whilst searching the internet. What are you
JUST GREAT INCLUDING ACTIVATION
Pros: POWERFUL,FAST, EASY TO USE, ALMOST GODLIKE...LAB MONKEYS CAN NOW EDIT PICS
Cons: PEOPLE SHOULD JUDGE THE PRODUCT FOR ITS USES NOT FOR ACTIVATION... THEIR JUST UPSET BECAUSE THEIR BUSINESSES ARE FAILING!!!
Product Activation - NO!
Pros: Hey, it's Photoshop.
Cons: Product Activation !!! An idea hated by all but the marketing weasels justifying their salaries. Product survuved 7 versions without this user irritant, why now? Pirates will still pirate and legitimate users will be annoyed (see Quickbooks debacle).
- Manufacturer: Adobe
- Part number: 23101764
- Description: Get superior results faster with Adobe Photoshop CS software, and take advantage of indispensable new features for graphic and Web design, photography, and video. Create original images or modify photos using a full assortment of painting, drawing, and retouching tools. Quickly preview, tag, and sort images; search and edit metadata and keywords; and automatically share batches of files from the improved File Browser. Work the way that's best for you by saving personalized workspace and tool settings and creating customized keyboard shortcuts. Experiment freely knowing you can instantly undo or redo multiple steps with the History palette. Browse Photoshop filters from the Filter Gallery, where you can preview stacked effects. Achieve sophisticated results by compositing images, text, and effects on hundreds of layers that you control by grouping into sets, color coding, and locking. Create design variations for clients more efficiently by saving different combinations of layers within the same file as Layer Comps. Create eye-catching typography by placing text on paths or within shapes. Edit the text at any time, even in Adobe Illustrator software. Simulate traditional fine-art techniques with dry and wet brush effects, pastel, charcoal, and more. Even use brushes to add special effects such as grass and leaves. Easily experiment and achieve amazing results by accessing more than 95 special effects filters. Preview and apply more than one filter at a time with the new Filter Gallery. Improve the color, contrast, and dynamic range of any image with a comprehensive set of professional color-correction tools. Effortlessly remove dust, scratches, blemishes, wrinkles, and other flaws with the Healing Brush. Perform more precise editing and retouching with expanded support for 16-bit images in core features, including layers, brushes, text, shapes, and more. Get truer, higher quality output by working with the complete raw data files from most major digital camera models. Supported cameras. Protect your images by adding key copyright information in the editable metadata panel of the File Browser. Create and modify Web designs faster with multiple object selection, object grouping, and smart guides. Enjoy quicker, more seamless integration between Photoshop and ImageReady, plus automated file saving and common commands, tools, and shortcuts. Slice complex, layered images and apply appropriate format and compression settings to each area before exporting as an HTML table. Easily import database and spreadsheet information to automate the production of Web graphics. Use ImageReady CS to create Macromedia Flash (SWF) animations, complete with vector artwork and variable text. Create and work with different aspect ratios to accommodate non-square pixels without distortion. Easily design using video-specific presets that show action-safe and title-safe areas of the screen. Perform more precise matte painting, 3D rendering, and other advanced film compositing with expanded support for 16-bit images in core features, including layers, brushes, and more. Quickly integrate layered Photoshop artwork with a variety of video editing and compositing systems using the built-in Export Layers to Files command.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Category Creativity application
- Subcategory Creativity - image editing
- Language(s) English
- License pricing Standard
- Localization English
- License Type Complete package
- License Qty 1 user
- License Pricing Standard
- Platform Windows
- Min Supported Color Depth 16-bit (64K colors)
- Distribution Media CD-ROM
- Package Type Retail
- OS Required Microsoft Windows XP,
Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3
- Peripheral / Interface Devices CD-ROM,
- System Requirements Details Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3 - Pentium III - RAM 192 MB - HD 280 MB,
Microsoft Windows XP - Pentium III - RAM 192 MB - HD 280 MB