ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. Part number: 100-434003
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/09/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $121.05
- Reviewed by: Joel Durham Jr.
- Reviewed on: 11/19/2002
The good: Excellent gaming performance; impeccable image quality; antialiasing and anisotropic filtering have a low impact on performance.
The bad: High price; some hardware features won't be used by current games.
The bottom line: ATI's new card is currently the fastest around, and for some, that will be enough to justify the $400 price.
always locking up in games
Pros: very fast, works good with lots of fans
Cons: always locking up in games or always recovering from some problem , usually heat.
0 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
works great overall BUT
Pros: powerful, good graphics for $ spent
Cons: does NOT work with all motherboards (Asus p4p800 series for one) and is NOT 100 % AGP compliant tech support is non existent.
0 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
no problems other than the price
Pros: works great, had it since it came out and i still play games alright. upgrading to x800 pro or xt soon
Cons: the price was 400$ when it came out. thats lame. and it could have been better spent on muggles(analog gear 8]
ATI and vertex shaders :-(
Pros: Nice directx 9.x features, like advanced lighting, anisotropic filtering, antialiasing...u can say good immage quality and ATI was allways good in 2D like Matrox.
Cons: But the main point in 3D accelerating is geometrical calculation and prossecing. And this is still the domain of the unreachable nVidia. Therefor u will always get better results with nvidia if u turn off these quality features and concentrate on 3D calcu
Another of ATIs Wannabe cards
Pros: Has some nifty features, and relatively good performance but for a much too large price tag
Cons: Too expensive for its performance, a Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 Only prices around $188 and has better performance, and better platform portability
Solid Stable Direct X 9.0 Card
Pros: Very overclockable - excellent updated drivers - Great value for an older high end card with all the latest supported features.
Cons: Does not behave well with ATI TV Tuner cards - the TV turner card freezes up frequently since the Radeon 9700 Pro card was installed (only system change - so pretty sure it has to do with the latest ATI drivers)
9700 or 9800, can't lose either way
Pros: The industry leader. No other company can match the specs of the 9700 or 9800. Don't let the price discourage you; it's money well spent.
This is hands down the best video card made.
Pros: Where would you like me to begin? The strength of this card strong arms any game thrown atit without any hiccups. The versatility has amazed me with multiple configurations and mutiple monitor uses. It fits well even in the most crowded chassis.
Cons: Nothing is 100% faultless, but I can't think of anything that constitutes fault in the 9700 Pro. It is power hungry, so feed it well. I had to upgrade my power supply from a 350 watt to 480 watt.
Card is rock!!
Pros: very good speed with Windows XP as i dont see any problems since I bought 2 years ago - it running prefer also very good with gaming, it great card ive seen, nae crashing or hang-up, etc.. it went very smooth, it still great for anything with software inc
Cons: None, i dont see anything.
Best card I've had so far.
Pros: Running a 3200+ System(Asus A7N8X Delx--1GB Crucial DDR 400) and everything is running fine for me. Max out all video settings in any game and runs PERFECT! Everytone that is having problems is because you go cheap on motherboard and on RAM. Tsk Tsk. If y
Cons: What cons? It's an awesome card!
- Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
- Part number: 100-434003
- Description: ATI revolutionizes the world of graphics technology with the RADEON 9700 PRO Visual Processing Unit (VPU). Combining the fastest 3D graphics performance, sophisticated real-time visual effects, unsurpassed image quality and cutting-edge video features, RADEON 9700 PRO takes the PC entertainment experience to a totally new level. With its new SMARTSHADER 2.0 technology, RADEON 9700 PRO supports DirectX 9.0 and the latest OpenGL functionality to give developers the freedom to create more complicated and realistic visual effects than ever before. RADEON 9700 PRO is the first graphics technology capable of processing 8 pixels simultaneously - twice as many compared to any existing product. This highly optimized design provides top 3D performance for both Direct3D and OpenGL games and applications. The high-bandwidth memory interface of the RADEON 9700 PRO, utilizing the latest HYPER Z III bandwidth-conserving technology, removes a key performance bottleneck and provides end users with faster graphics performance. RADEON 9700 PRO supports the new AGP 8X standard, which allows large volumes of texture and vertex data to be transferred faster from system memory to the chip (2.0 GB/sec). With ATI's new VIDEOSHADER technology, RADEON 9700 PRO continues the tradition of providing industry-leading video and DVD playback. RADEON 9700 PRO also offers FULLSTREAM - a new technology that removes blocky artifacts from video and provides sharper image quality.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Graphics card
- Bus Type AGP 8x
- Graphics Processor / Vendor ATI Radeon 9700 PRO
- RAMDAC 400 MHz
- Max Resolution 2048 x 1536 at 60 Hz
- Max Monitors Supported 2
- Interfaces 1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15),
1 x S-video output - 4 pin mini-DIN,
1 x DVI-I - 29 pin combined DVI
- API Supported DirectX,
- Video Memory Installed 128 MB / 128 MB (max)
- Technology DDR SDRAM
- Supported Display Graphics VGA (640x480),
- Colors Max Resolution (external) 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slot(s) None
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
- Min RAM Size 128 MB
- Peripheral / Interface Devices DVD-ROM,
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Service & Support 3 years warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 3 years
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse ATI Technologies Inc. products on Shopper.com