V-Moda for True Blood Revamp Metal Headphone
Manufacturer: V-Moda Part number: 203546
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/15/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $119.99
- Reviewed by: Justin Yu
- Edited by: Rich Brown
- Reviewed on: 08/31/2011
The good: The V-Moda for True Blood Revamp headphones feature subtle, classy "True Blood"-themed aesthetics and sport a tough metal earbud housing, Kevlar-reinforced cable, and a generous two-year manufacturer's warranty.
The bad: The single-button remote lacks volume controls for smartphone users and the headphones emit audible frequency interference when the cord rubs against clothing.
The bottom line: The True Blood Revamp headphones feature V-Moda's signature low-end boost suitable for "modern music audiophiles" and the durable metal components ensure long-term structural integrity.
Kind of like. Sookie. Light (treble-wise) and durable.
by GROTW on September 4, 2011
Pros: The first and foremost thing,
- VISUAL APPEAL -
The colours (black, shiny red and silver)
The PTT button is on silver bullet with True Blood written on it.
The plug is designed in way that it looks like a pistol.
'True Blood' is written (in Kanji) on th
Cons: When they finally arrived, I was majorly disappointed. Because -
- PRICE -
Normal price - $120
During season 4 of True Blood - $99
My price - $99 + $45 (shipping) = $144
Extremely dear for a pair of not-top-of-the-range earphones.
- 'VIBRANT BASS' -
Summary: NOTE: I am a True Blood Fan (FANGBANGERS ALL THE WAYYY.<3).
I was looking for a pair of in-ears, since I only had Solo Beats (& the epitome ...
Summary: NOTE: I am a True Blood Fan (FANGBANGERS ALL THE WAYYY.<3).
I was looking for a pair of in-ears, since I only had Solo Beats (& the epitome of bad earphones, Apple earphones, BRB setting them on fire.), which is too clunky and pompous to wear out all the time (e.g with friends) and couldn't chose.
I ended up buying REVAMP, solely on the reason that they were by 'True Blood'. Drawing from the price tag, I was expecting some very good results.
Sadly, I was disappointed; immediately by the lack of bass and then by the cord. So what if the cord's bullet-resistant? IT'S SO LIGHT, IT SWAYS LIKE LUSCIOUS, WIND-BLOWN HAIR. Causing rubbing, which causes annoying rubbing sounds (The rubbing sounds actually create more bass than the earphones.).
(Soz to introduce another negative. I ran out of characters in both pros & cons) Another negative thing is the button. It is really. Really hard to use. Function-wise. One press = pause... or sometimes call.
The website says it creates 3D listening. Yes, very flat, sort-of 3D listening.
Anyway, aside from its inability to play dubstep, it is perfect for people who enjoy metal, alternative and opera/classical. It gives you crystal clear sound, with lyrics being so clear that it's like you are there in the studio. My favorite band is Evanescence. I always chose REVAMP (over my Solos) to listen to Amy's voice.
These are for 'audiophiles', but not for music appreciators. The only thing you can appreciate is the clarity. However, they do do a wonderful job showing all the undertones and subtle notes. Not recommended for people who like to 'feel the music'. Unfortunately, I am one of those.
Overall, these are some wonderful earphones, not for the price, but for clean sound, portability (it's very light, has its own bag, and small.), durablity and visual aethestics.
But most of all. Because of True Blood. I'm sure I would have rated lower, if not for the influence of True Blood. Yes. In the end I am bias. ;}
Thanks for reading.
Best earbuds for sound and comfort
by mrsjack90 on September 1, 2011
Pros: Revamps are comfortable to wear, a perfect fit no matter what size you need, great sound quality, sleek and attractive look.
Cons: As stated in the review, when the cord rubs on your clothes, you can hear it. The clip which secures the cord to you helps but doesn't eliminate completely.
Summary: I've tried many in-ear headphones and I have a hard time finding anything that fits my ears because they're very small. They would always fall out and hurt ...
Summary: I've tried many in-ear headphones and I have a hard time finding anything that fits my ears because they're very small. They would always fall out and hurt after a while a wearing them. V-Moda's Revamps gave me a perfect fit. That's so important to me that I don't really care about the sound of the cord on my clothes. The overall sound quality when listening to music, a caller on my phone, or movies or TV shows streamed on my laptop, is clear and beautiful. I love the carrying case and the extras that V-Moda thoughtfully provides. I recommend these to all my friends and family. They are definitely worth the cost.
- Manufacturer: V-Moda
- Part number: 203546
- Description: Don't just hear the music, feel it. With the Remix Remote, you get unparalleled sound clarity and vibrant bass putting you in every song. Plus, you get control at your fingertips with the integrated three-button remote and high fidelity microphone. Combining all-metal craftsmanship with fashion-forward design, the Remix Remote is lightweight and durable, perfect for the mobile lifestyle. A three-button remote and high fidelity, omni-directional microphone let you control the music playback, volume, voice control and phone calls with ease. A V-Masque high definition dynamic driver creates the absolute in clarity alongside the perfect balance of vibrant bass built in collaboration with pro musicians and DJs. The beatport air flow system delivers a high-definition sound stage, invoking the sense of a live music or club experience. V-Moda's revered BLISS noise-isolating technology further reduces outside noise and enables deep punchy bass for the ultimate audio experience. At the gym, heading to the venue, or walking down the street, the Remix Remote is designed for your mobile lifestyle. They are lightweight. Featuring all-metal construction, the Remix Remote combines sleek design and durability. V-Moda's medical-grade, soft silicone ear tips give you a comfortable and secure fit while the detachable sport earhooks insure you don't miss a beat when you're on the go, running or at the gym. With the Remix Remote, the pinnacle experience of music is interwoven with supreme style in these premium fashion-phones that sound as amazing as they look.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Headset
- Weight 0.6 oz
- Color Chrome
- Recommended Use Digital player,
- Additional Features Gold plated connectors,
V-MASQUE dynamic driver technology,
Bass level isolating soft silicone (BLISS) technology
- Headphones Form Factor In-ear
- Headphones Technology Dynamic
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Sound Output Mode Stereo
- Frequency Response 5 - 24000 Hz
- Diaphragm 0.4 in
- Magnet Material Neodymium
- In-Cord Volume Control Yes
- Type On-cable
- Connector Type Headset
- Cables Included Headset cable - Integrated
- Included Accessories 4 pairs of ear tips,
- Service & Support 2 years warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 2 years