Woodees IESW100B Inner-ear Stereo Earphone
Manufacturer: Bazooka Mobile Audio Part number: IESW100B
- More product information:
- Editors' review
- User reviews
- Product series
- Manufacturer info
- Bottom Line:
- The Woodees earphones feature a unique wooden earpiece enclosure that creates a sound more akin to that of speakers than earbuds. If you like open, natural-sounding audio, be sure to give them a listen.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/24/2014
|Best Buy|| || In stock || |
as of 07/24/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 07/23/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $39.95 - $40.99
- Reviewed by: Jasmine France
- Reviewed on: 04/09/2009
The good: Woodees Inner Ear Stereo Earphones offer a unique design with earpieces encased in wood rather than plastic or metal. They sound more speaker-like than other earbuds, and several genres of music shine with great audio quality. One version comes with an in-line mic for use with the iPhone or other music phones.
The bad: The reverberation within the wood sometimes lends a muffled quality to the bass, and not all genres of music sound good.
The bottom line: The Woodees earphones feature a unique wooden earpiece enclosure that creates a sound more akin to that of speakers than earbuds. If you like open, natural-sounding audio, be sure to give them a listen.
Unbelievable sound reproduction
by TaylorGS on April 28, 2009
Pros: The quality of the Woodees is nothing short of art. The fit is fantastic, they are light, and did I mention, sound unbelievable?
Cons: That I can't walk around plugged in to my Woodees all day.
Summary: I received my Woodees today and just finished taking them for their "initial" test drive. Amazing! I started with some classic Pearl Jam, Black from the Ten album. I chose ...
Summary: I received my Woodees today and just finished taking them for their "initial" test drive. Amazing! I started with some classic Pearl Jam, Black from the Ten album. I chose this song due to how musical it is. Eddie Veder's voice was never overpowered, nor did it overpower the music, I was really impressed with the openess of the music. The dynamics of the music was phenomonal, with the soundstage seemingly all around me, not being driven into my ear canals. I then switched to Willie Nelson, Last Stand in Open Country from the Great Divide album. Willie never sounded better and the detail in the duet with Kid Rock was amazing. The bass line was nice and full, but most importantly, accurate, fast and never bloated or artificial. I then switched to The Who, Love Reign O'er Me, from The Ultimate album. The shimmer of the beginning of the song is incredible. The music sounded natural and open, and the complexity of the song was magical. Since I was dealing with a product known for their incredible Bazooka Bass Tube, I had to switch to some bass heavy music, Kid Rock, Bawitdaba, from the Devil Without A Cause album. The bass was solid, powerful and full. With such a thick bass line, the vocals and percussion's can be easily hidden or the bass can be muddy, NOT with the Woodees. Thinking I was going to throw the Woodees a curveball, I next played White Zombie, More Human Than Human from the Astro-Creep: 2000 Album. What an awesome bass line and guitar riff combo. Again, the sound was all around me, and with your eyes closed, you can easily forget you have these earbuds in. The soundstage is not wide or inside my head, but all around me. Being impressed with the performance so far, I choose to throw an all-time favorite at the Woodees. Jimi Hendrix, Crosstown Traffic from the Rainy Day, Dream Away album. Here the sound switches left to right, and the Woodees don't let me down, they are fast and cover this left to right with ease. Jimi seems front and center with the background singers shifting left to right as they sing along.
While this was just a small sample of music, I found myself uttering amazing over and over again. The Woodees are a fantastic musical experience. The fit is fantastic, they are light, and did I mention, look like a piece of art? I encourage everyone to buy a pair or two. After you let a spouse or friend to listen to them, you'll be glad you did!
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great Sound offset by poor quality wire.
by mpkelley20 on August 11, 2010
Pros: Bass is very well represented
Works well with Iphone as a headset
Cons: Ultra thin wire that does not hold up over time
Not good at blocking out wind noie if using with cell phone
Summary: I got a pair of these for free when they were first launched and have used them on mulitple devices including my Ipod, Iphone, A Nokia phone, Blackberry and my ...
Summary: I got a pair of these for free when they were first launched and have used them on mulitple devices including my Ipod, Iphone, A Nokia phone, Blackberry and my old Cowon A2 player. I had been using Etymotics ER4P headphones that doa great job of noise isolation but lack a bit on the low end sound. I was very happy with the sound of the Woodees and was blown away at the deep bass they provided compared to my much more expensive headsets.
However, the wires ued on the headpphones I got have not held up well over time. The black wire coating has pulled apart for the seams in several positions leaving the very thin wires exposed. It has pulled up from the main connector and from one of the ear pieces. They still work but I'd rather not have exposed wires that close to my head!
I've used some electrical tape to cover up the areas but I feel that this issue should be enough for people to re-think their decision. The wires started pulling out about 6 months after I got them....way too short of time for a product that costs this much. I will be contacting the compnay to see what they can do for me.
Perfect combination of Quality and Functionality
by jeep_doc on April 8, 2009
Pros: Excellent fit and noise isolation. Sound quality superior to other well-known earphone makers. Functionality for the iPhone is awesome. Lightweight, come with multiple choices of ear sizes.
Cons: Perhaps a little longer cord.
Summary: I have been struggling to find a set of earbuds that satisfies my need for quality, fit, functionality, and of course price. These Woodees have delivered all this in a ...
Summary: I have been struggling to find a set of earbuds that satisfies my need for quality, fit, functionality, and of course price. These Woodees have delivered all this in a big way.
I have owned Shure, Philips, and Sony. Each has been okay, but none of them have blown me away. I was introduced to the Woodees, and right out of the box they just "look and feel" right. They are lightweight, have multiple interchangeable earbud sizes, and come with a nice little case.
They slipped comfortably and snug in my ears. I was amazed at the sound isolation they provided even without music playing. Turned on Coldplay and was stunned by the fidelity of the drivers; the highs were crisp, the lows were true - absolutely no distortion at either end. The quality of these earbuds is easily comparable if not better than any of the products listed above.
To add to the quality, the iPhone functionality makes the earbuds a no-brainer in my opinion. If you receive a call while listening to music, the song slowly fades. You answer the call by tapping the mic. Once the call is over, the music slowly crescendos back to the pre-call volume. Need to pause? Tap the mic once. Want to advance to the next song? Tap the mic twice. You never have to take them out of your ears! This is a great feature for anyone who works out while listening to music on his/her iPhone or iTouch.
Bottom-Line: These earbuds are the perfect combination of Quality, Fit, Functionality, and price. Frankly, I'm really surprised they don't cost more than they do; the sound quality is every bit as good if not better than more expensive models, and you get the iPhone functionality to go with it.
- Manufacturer: Bazooka Mobile Audio
- Part number: IESW100B
- Description: Much of music is created with instruments made from natural wood from a finely tuned Steinway piano or Stravinsky violin to classic fender Stratocaster guitars. The low resonance characteristics of wood provide for efficient, clean, rich reproduction of music which is why all of the most high end home speakers are made of wood. Simply tap on something metal or plastic and then tap on something made of wood, and you will instantly hear the resonance differences between those materials. So, it is only "natural" to create quality earphones from wood. The finest musical instruments have always been made from wood. Woodees from iConnects deliver pure and natural listening pleasure. Wood sounds amazing-nothing beats its deep bass, rich range of sound and inherent low resonance. And for your money, nothing beats Woodees. These natural wood earphones bring out a dense, polished listening experience from your MP3 player. And at about half the price of comparable high-end ear buds, you're getting the best sound at the best price. The cord is made with a very low durometer resin that creates a soft, pliable cord that does not develop "memory coil" or kinks when stowed. Additionally, because of the soft nature of the cord the static noise created when the cord brushes against your clothing while walking or jogging does not transfer to the earphone like with the harder plastic cords. The microphone is small, balanced, lightweight, and sleek so as not to distract from the comfort of wearing the earphones. With a gentle squeeze of the microphone, the music is paused and the microphone is activated for hands free talk. Another squeeze and the call are terminated and the music resumes where you left off.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Headset
- Recommended Use Cellular phone
- Additional Features Noise canceling circuit,
- Headphones Form Factor In-ear
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Sound Output Mode Stereo
- Frequency Response 20 - 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity 105 dB
- Impedance 16 Ohm
- Diaphragm 0.4 in
- Type On-cable
- Sensitivity -58 dB
- Type None
- Connector Type Headset ( Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm )
- Cables Included Headset cable - Integrated - 4 ft
- Included Accessories 4 earbuds,
- Power Device None
- Battery None
Manufacturer: Bazooka Mobile Audio
Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm,
Noise canceling circuit,
Headset - Binaural
Manufacturer: Bazooka Mobile Audio
Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm,
Noise canceling circuit,
Headphones - Binaural
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse Bazooka Mobile Audio products on Shopper.com
- Manufacturer:Bazooka Mobile Audio
15049 Florida Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA
- Phone: 800-843 8823
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 888-329-2727