Optoma EP728 DLP projector
Manufacturer: Optoma Part number: EP728
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/22/2013
Great projector in daylight and at night
by Tom Torpedo on October 30, 2008
Pros: small, bright lumens, clear, sharp movie even with S-video connection, although it does have a dvi connection
Cons: manual on CD - no paper manual.
Summary: I just tried out this EP728 in a multi-purpose hall which holds about 120 persons and has lots of windows. I closed a few of the blinds but left plenty ...
Summary: I just tried out this EP728 in a multi-purpose hall which holds about 120 persons and has lots of windows. I closed a few of the blinds but left plenty of ambient light in the room to see how bright the movie would be. The picture was great on default settings both in sharpness and brilliance. I was very pleased with the ease of plugging this unit into a DVD home theater system using a S-video connection. I was thinking of getting a DVI - HDMI connector, but decided after viewing the movie that it wasn't necessary. A great machine at a reasonable price. I was able to get it when a sale was going on for $800.00.
Light Weight and Mobile but powerfull DLP Projector
by hendra777 on March 20, 2008
Pros: Colour very vivid and detail very sharp, allready included DVI
Cons: The power cable included is too short, the cap material using rubber looks cheap.
Summary: I teach photography Workshop so I need the higher resolution Projector , and I still comparing whether i buy LCD Projector or DLP Projector. I love the vivid colour of the ...
Summary: I teach photography Workshop so I need the higher resolution Projector , and I still comparing whether i buy LCD Projector or DLP Projector. I love the vivid colour of the LCD but also I am impressed with the sharpnes resolution of DLP. So it's hard for me to choose.
I allready try other brand Benq come first to my choice. then Epson, Toshiba. Infocus, Acer but none of them satisfy my need, but when i try the EP 727 almost satisfy me, but when I compare with the EP 728, it is so much difference, the detail and the colour nearly perfect.
So after think heavily, I decide to go on EP 728 although i have to pay more arround 200 US$. And now I don't regret my decission.
- Manufacturer: Optoma
- Part number: EP728
- Description: Marketing description is not available.
- Projector type DLP projector - High Definition 720p
- Built-in components Speaker
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 10.2 in x 7.4 in x 2.8 in
- Weight 4.4 lbs
- Features High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection System (HDCP) ,
- Image Brightness 2600 ANSI lumens
- Image Contrast Ratio 2200:1
- Image Size 27.6 in - 303 in
- Projection Distance 4 ft - 39 ft
- Throw Ratio 1.95 - 2.15:1
- Uniformity 85 %
- Resolution XGA - 1024 x 768 (native) / 1400 x 1050 (resized)
- Native Aspect Ratio 4:3
- Color Support 16.7 million colors
- Max Sync Rate (V x H) 85 Hz x 100 KHz
Lens / Optical
- Lens Aperture F/2.41-2.55
- Zoom Type Manual
- Zoom Factor 1.1x
- Keystone Correction Direction Vertical
- Vertical Keystone Correction -18 / +18
- Analog Video Format M-NTSC,
- Analog Video Signal RGB,
- Digital Video Standard Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
- Video Modes 1080i,
Video Input Device
- Type None
- Type speaker(s) - Integrated
- Sound Output Mode Mono
- Output Power / Channel 1 Watt
- Speaker(s) 1 x Mixed channel
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slot(s) None
- Interfaces 1 x VGA output - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15),
1 x Serial RS-232 - 3 pin mini-DIN ( Management ),
1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type B,
1 x Audio line-in - Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm,
1 x Composite video input - RCA ( With adapter ),
1 x DVI-I - 29 pin combined DVI,
1 x S-video input - 4 pin mini-DIN,
1 x VGA / component video input - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
- Lamp Life Cycle 3000 hour(s) / 4000 hour(s) (economic mode)
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 280 Watt
- Max operating temperature 104 °F
- Min operating temperature 41 °F
- Operating humidity range 0 - 80%
- Sound emission 33 dB
- Projector accessories Carrying case,
Wireless remote control
- Cables 1 x VGA cable - 6 ft,
1 x USB cable - 6 ft,
1 x S-Video - composite adapter
- DLP/LCD technology statement Instead of having glass panels (LCD) through which light is passed, the DLP chip's surface is made up of thousands of tiny mirrors each representing a single pixel.
- Security Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately),
- Compliant Standards RoHS