Bose Lifestyle T20 (black)
Manufacturer: Bose Corp. Part number: T20
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 4.5 stars out of 5 reviews
- The Bose Lifestyle T20 home theater system brings out the best in your movies, games and sports. And now, it's easier than ever before to set up your system and all connected sources. Exclusive Bose Unify technology provides easy-to-follow onscreen messages to guide you through the entire setup process. It even verifies your connections to take away all the ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|4ElectronicWarehouse.com|| || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/07/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 03/07/2014
CNET editors' blog post
Sleek and Sexy
by bertinoj08 on June 20, 2010
Pros: Great design. Compact size. Good sound from small speakers. Picture quality is top notch.
Cons: Programming remote wasn't as flawless as they claim.
Summary: I bought this system yesterday, and spent about 3 hours putting it all together. Most of the time was spent setting up the speakers and running all the wires. The ...
Summary: I bought this system yesterday, and spent about 3 hours putting it all together. Most of the time was spent setting up the speakers and running all the wires. The process was rather simple, and organized. I replaced a very high end Sony AV receiver, and two floor speakers with a good sized center speaker. I thought I would give up a lot of sound, but that wasn't the case. The picture quality has improved noticeably. The colors seem to pop more. One negative was that I was unable to program my Directv HD/DVR remote into the Bose System. Nor was I able to get my Apple TV remote to be recognized. Those are minor inconveniences, and overall I am happy with this system. There is more to discover as it is such a new product, so I will post if any surprises surface.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Bose is bose my dream system
by bose77 on November 2, 2013
Pros: Very easy to install , big sound from tiny speakers sharp crisp wao
Cons: No dought about price but this is life partner stays long heavy duty solid stuff pay once and enjoy outstanding sound quality , its fact believe me.
Summary: I use so many other stuff crazy about home theaters but this bose system I have no words. Before when I dont have this system I think the same like ...
Summary: I use so many other stuff crazy about home theaters but this bose system I have no words. Before when I dont have this system I think the same like others but now I realize this is some thing totally different I love my dream system.Highly recommended
Updated on Nov 2, 2013
Wait for a sale and pounce.
by mtn10 on June 2, 2012
Pros: Super easy set up that conforms to the room you are in. Handles all the components and with the SL2 rear wireless speaker module, the system looks clean and efficient.
Cons: Only had it one day, but noticed subtitles were getting stuck on my screen during a movie. Not sure if related to the Bose, but just started happening after Bose addition.
Summary: We purchased this at a sale which saved us a few hundred bucks. I was initially looking at the 1SR sound bar, but for only a few hundred more, I ...
Summary: We purchased this at a sale which saved us a few hundred bucks. I was initially looking at the 1SR sound bar, but for only a few hundred more, I decided to go with the T20 since it added some longevity and versatility over the long run. And obviously it's true 5.1 and not just a sound bar that sounds like 5.1. My wife's only requirement was that no wires run front to back, so that's why I was initially looking at the sound bar (in addition to the cheaper price), but after finding the sale and then looking further into the SL2 wireless accessories, we made the plunge. From walking in the door to playing a movie with the system, was about 2 hours which included getting all my components moved from the TV to the Bose and using the awesome Adaptique system for set up (in addition to hiding wires and cleaning up). All in all, not too bad and the instructions are clear as day. Obviously, Bose is expensive and I'm certainly no expert, but the sound quality is impeccable (even with the wireless rear speaker setup). Sure, you can get a similar setup for half the cost or even better, but I have a feeling the craftsmanship, the adaptability, the sounds quality and the overall refinement will be majorly lacking. So, like the heading says, wait for the sale (or the birthday gift certificate) and take the plunge, it will be worth it over the long term.
Home System blows away the Theater Sound at the Movies!
by Steve_Tisch on March 4, 2012
Pros: 1. Sound so real you think you are there.
2. Small size of Cube speakers
3. No super load music and hard to hear voices.
4. Truly an amazing unified remote. It controls my FioS, BlueRay, Apple TV, Bose Sound and my TV.
Cons: 1. Very Expensive. However when you consider you will keep this for atleast 20 years it really only costs you $8.33 per month ($100 per year).
Summary: There is absolutely no comparison in sound quality when it comes to Bose. There are people out there that say you can get the same quality for less money. What ...
Summary: There is absolutely no comparison in sound quality when it comes to Bose. There are people out there that say you can get the same quality for less money. What they don't understand is the technology behind Bose's equipment. Bose lives, eats and breathes sound design. Period. I have listened to the "professional quality" designs that costs 4 times this bose. I have heard nothing that sounds like this system. Crystal Clear, amazing bass, Auto calibration for your room. It's just plain amazing
Bose lovers Unite. I Love the System . Fits my needs
by blueman632002 on October 11, 2010
Pros: Ease of use. Ease of setup. low profile equipment. Great sound and picture Integrated all my addons and remotes easily
Cons: for price, an Am/Fm tuner would be nice. Could easily find cheaper. but wouldnt be as satisfied as this fit MY needs. Acoustimass is more of a deep bass hub as opposed to a main subwoofer,
Summary: Couldnt be happier. Sound bounces of walls and cant tell where sound is coming from. Awesome. Need no experience in Audio/Video to hook up. Just follow on screen guide. ...
Summary: Couldnt be happier. Sound bounces of walls and cant tell where sound is coming from. Awesome. Need no experience in Audio/Video to hook up. Just follow on screen guide. Great sound range in all types of music movies. Bose haters will hate it because of the name and price. Maybe they are mad they cant afford such a nice unit.....
- Manufacturer: Bose Corp.
- Part number: T20
- Description: The Bose Lifestyle T20 home theater system brings out the best in your movies, games and sports. And now, it's easier than ever before to set up your system and all connected sources. Exclusive Bose Unify technology provides easy-to-follow onscreen messages to guide you through the entire setup process. It even verifies your connections to take away all the guesswork. Enjoy up to 6 HD video sources - such as your Blu-ray Disc player, cable box and gaming system. And control it all with one convenient remote. The Lifestyle T20 system offers breakthrough simplicity with the Unify intelligent integration system. This proprietary technology enables a step-by-step walkthrough of your system setup. As you're attaching components to the control console, the system recommends the best connectors via on-screen messages. It even confirms that the connection was made properly. Each connected product is automatically added to the source menu accessed on your TV screen. No more toggling through video inputs to find your source. If you add a Blu-ray player, it will be shown as a "Blu-ray player" in the on-screen menu. This makes it easy and intuitive for anyone to use the Unify system. Unify technology also simplifies programming your Bose remote to control your Lifestyle system and most anything attached to it. During setup, the Unify system references an internal database to identify each connected product, and automatically teaches the Bose remote to control it.
- Product Type Home theater system
- Product type Home theater system
- Dimensions (WxDxH) & Weight 16.6 in x 9.3 in x 3 in / 7.5 lbs,
Speaker system : Satellite speaker : 3.1 in x 4 in x 6.2 in / 2.4 lbs,
Speaker system : Center channel speaker : 6.3 in x 4.1 in x 3.1 in / 2.4 lbs,
Speaker system : Active subwoofer : 8 in x 21.6 in x 13 in / 26.2 lbs
- Color Black
- Available Body Colors Black, silver
- Components Receiver,
- Surround System Class 5.1 channel
- Sound Output Mode Surround Sound
- Built-in Decoders Dolby Digital 5.1
- Surround Sound Effects Super Surround
- Additional Features Bose Unify technology,
ADAPTiQ audio calibration system,
Direct/Reflecting speaker technology,
- Speaker(s) 4 x Satellite speaker - External - Wired,
1 x Center channel speaker - External - Wired,
1 x Active subwoofer - External - Wired
Inputs & Outputs
- Connections 5xHDMI,
2xComponent video input-Rear,
2xComposite video input-Rear,
- Headphone Jack Yes
- Coaxial Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Input Yes
- HDMI Switching Yes
- Upscaling via HDMI Up to 1080p
- Video Conversion/Scaling HDMI to HDMI scaling,
Analog to HDMI up conversion
- DVD/Bul-ray upscaling Yes
- HDMI features Up to 1080p
- Type of remote control Universal remote control - Radio
- Included accessories Audio cable kit,
Auto calibration microphone,
Video cable kit,
Speaker cable kit,
Universal remote control
- Cables Included Speaker cable,
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Weight 57.3 lbs