Manufacturer: Sony Part number: BDV-E780W
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 5 reviews
- Watch Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc movies and immerse yourself in powerful 5.1 channel HD surround sound with the integrated Sony smart 3D Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System - BDV-E780W. Wirelessly stream movies, TV episodes, music and live sports events from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more. Or play your favorite music, videos, and photos from your iPod/iPhone ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/20/2013
| || In stock |
Ships same day if ordered by 8:00pm EST
as of 05/20/2013
Excellent Sound and Vibrant Picture!
by Clayton440 on November 26, 2011
Pros: + System looks very nice
+ Powerful sound with great quality
+ Very easy to set up
+ UI is well designed, easy to use, and looks good
Cons: - Only one optical audio
- Rear speakers don't stand up very well on their own
Summary: We wanted to upgrade our old DVD home theater system and were looking for something with great sound. The Sony BDV-E780 certainly delivers - we noticed an immediate improvement in ...
Summary: We wanted to upgrade our old DVD home theater system and were looking for something with great sound. The Sony BDV-E780 certainly delivers - we noticed an immediate improvement in the quality of audio from our old Samsung system upon inserting our first CD into the system. We were blown away by the entire experience as we watched our first Blu Ray. The picture and sound were movie theater quality. Really an amazing buy.
Appearance-wise, the system looks very nice. The main unit is a nice glossy black with sensory buttons. The onscreen display in minimal and looks nice. Most of the detailed options are displayed on your tv screen.
Initial set-up was easy enough with color coded cables and a walk through upon turning on the system. There is even a self calibrating microphone, which helps the speakers calibrate to meet your needs based upon where you typically sit to watch movies. The manual is quite long, however, so I imagine advanced customizing of the system to your preferences can be a little more complicated.
The wireless surround sound is a great addition. You should know that it is not truly "wireless" in that there are wires that run from the rear speakers to an amplifier. That amplifier can sit anywhere behind your couch and connects wirelessly with the main unit. In other words, it is only wireless in that you do not need to run wires from the front to the back of the room. And I suggest you have to check for best deal when you will buy the Sony BDV-E780 at: Home-entertainmentsystem.blogspot.com/2011/11/sony-bdv-e780w.html
This is a great purchase and one I am sure we will enjoy for many years.
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
Major disappointment, do not waste your time or money
by mlabuda on March 17, 2012
Pros: The speakers look nice and cute
Cons: Lacking internet connection
Flinsy speaker wire
Not able to steam Netflix
Useless Customer support
User interface and remore non-intuitive
does not accept iPhone4 with the dock
large wireless receiver-not really wireless after all
Summary: What a disappointment. Please do not buy this product if you want something that works the way it is supposed to. I purchased this system to replace an older system ...
Summary: What a disappointment. Please do not buy this product if you want something that works the way it is supposed to. I purchased this system to replace an older system in a bedroom. The sound quality is marginal at best. The speaker wire is like dental floss, I was hoping that I could replace it with some grown-up speaker wire, but Sony has their special connectors at the amplifier to prevent this. Problem number three - it will not conenct to the internet. I have dsl 1.5-3.0 mbps speed and it does not connect at all, not even to get updates. I have the burn a CD to update the firmware on this POS. So, needless to say, it will not stream any movies, music, etc, and of course not Netflix which is one of the reasons I boutht this model. The Sony support walked me through some attempted fixes, but then told me my connection speed was not fast enough, so too bad. The next day I bought an Apple TV device, and guess what - it actually worked.
My advice is this - don't settle for Sony's crap, go with a proven winner. I have had zero problems with Apple products and their seemless integration makes life so much easier and saves so much time
good ,best ,system.
by baddonny on January 19, 2012
Pros: best of the bests for all the ones
Cons: dont like say is a bad for sony.
Wery good looking with excelent sound and video quality
by override187 on January 14, 2012
Pros: Nice design of device speakers and gui, sound quality is superb and video is right behind, internet video, plays moust of todays video and audio formats (avi,xvidHD,mkv,wmv,avchd and more),2 usb inputs,2 hdmi inputs,easy and precision setup
Cons: read just up to 5th folder tree from usb, no built in wifi
Bad out of the box.
by notime4noncnts on December 18, 2011
Pros: Good features - reasonably good sound and picture.
Cons: 1st one failed within 24 hrs.
2nd failed in 2 days, and required a reset after about an hour of use.
Poor interface and remote layout, with no useful immediate support.
Summary: This product was not worth the time and frustration of shopping, unpacking, setting up, troubleshooting, packing and returning the product. Twice. I value my time and several evenings have been ...
Summary: This product was not worth the time and frustration of shopping, unpacking, setting up, troubleshooting, packing and returning the product. Twice. I value my time and several evenings have been wasted at the hands of Sony's defective Blu Ray.
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: BDV-E780W
- Description: Watch Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc movies and immerse yourself in powerful 5.1 channel HD surround sound with the integrated Sony smart 3D Blu-ray Disc Home Theater System - BDV-E780W. Wirelessly stream movies, TV episodes, music and live sports events from Netflix, YouTube, HuluPlus, Pandora, and more. Or play your favorite music, videos, and photos from your iPod/iPhone using the included dock. You can even turn your iPhone, iPad or compatible Android phone into a versatile remote control with search functionality by downloading the free “Media Remote” app. Featuring wireless rear speakers, 2 HDMI inputs, and a universal remote control this incredible system combines premium sound with the convenience of easy connectivity and control.
- Product Type Home theater system,
iPhone / iPod cradle
- Dimensions (WxDxH) & Weight Main unit : 16.9 in x 12.6 in x 3 in / 9 lbs,
Speaker system : Subwoofer : 16.3 in x 8.5 in x 13.4 in / 17.2 lbs,
Speaker system : Center channel speaker : 12.4 in x 2.1 in x 2.3 in / 14.1 oz,
Speaker system : 3.8 in x 3.8 in x 9.6 in / 1.3 lbs,
Speaker system : 4.2 in x 4.2 in x 12.8 in / 1.8 lbs
- Color Black
- Components Blu-ray player / receiver,
- Surround System Class 5.1 channel
- Amplifier Output Details 167 Watt - 3 Ohm - THD 10 % - 5 channel(s) ( Surround ),
165 Watt - 3 Ohm - At 80 Hz - THD 10 % - 1 channel(s) ( Subwoofer )
- Sound Output Mode Surround Sound
- Built-in Decoders Dolby Digital Plus,
Dolby Pro Logic II,
Dolby Pro Logic,
DTS-ES Discrete 6.1,
DTS-HD High Resolution,
DTS-HD Master Audio,
DTS-ES Matrix 6.1,
- Surround Sound Effects 3D Surround
- Digital Sound Processor (DSP) Yes
- DSP Presets Movie,
- Output Power (Total) 1000 Watt
- Additional Features Midnight Mode,
ID3 tags support,
Audio Return Channel (ARC),
Compressed music enhancer,
Auto sound calibration
Networking & Digital Media
- Connectivity Built-in Wi-Fi
- Internet Streaming Services BRAVIA Internet Video
- DLNA Yes
- USB features GIF image playback,
JPEG photo playback,
PNG photo playback
- USB audio standards MPEG 2 Audio,
- Speaker(s) Front speakers,
2 x Wireless rear speakers - 2-way - External - 3 Ohm - Wired,
1 x Center channel speaker - External - 3 Ohm - Wired,
1 x Subwoofer - External - 3 Ohm - Wired,
2 - External - 3 Ohm - Wireless
- Driver Details 1 x Full-range driver,
1 x Tweeter driver - 20 mm,
Center channel speaker : 1 x Full-range driver,
Subwoofer : 1 x Subwoofer driver - 180 mm,
1 x Full-range driver
DVD / Blu-ray
- DVD/Blu-ray type Blu-ray player
- 3D Yes
- BD Profiles Profile 1.1 (Bonus View),
Profile 2.0 (BD-Live),
BD Profile 5.0 (Blu-ray 3D)
- Media Format DVD,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards MP3,
- Supported Digital Video Standards XviD,
- Output Resolution 1080p
- Additional Features 3D movie playback
- Tuner Type Radio tuner - FM - Digital
- Preset Station Qty 20
Inputs & Outputs
- Connections 2xHDMI,
- Coaxial Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Input Yes
- HDMI Switching Yes
- DVD/Bul-ray upscaling Yes
- Type of remote control Universal remote control - Infrared
- Included accessories [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Miscellaneous] FM antenna,
Universal remote control,
Wireless receiver / amplifier,
Auto calibration microphone,
- Cables Included 3 x Speaker cable - 10 ft,
1 x Speaker cable - 6.6 ft,
2 x Speaker cable - 33 ft,
- Built-in clock Sleep timer
- Timer Sleep
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Power Consumption Operational 180 Watt
Dimensions & Weight (Shipping)
- Width 15.5 in
- Depth 23.4 in
- Height 19.4 in
- Weight 39.7 lbs