Manufacturer: Sony Part number: HT-CT150
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/17/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $614.13
- Reviewed by: Matthew Moskovciak and Steve Guttenberg
- Edited by: John Falcone
- Reviewed on: 08/05/2010
The good: Three HDMI inputs; excellent sound quality for a sound bar home theater system; no AV receiver required; capable of switching between six devices.
The bad: IR receiver on the subwoofer limits its placement options; subwoofer isn't wireless; cluttered remote.
The bottom line: Sony's HT-CT150 sound bar home theater system sounds great and is way ahead of the competition with its three HDMI inputs; however, its IR receiver limits the subwoofer's placement options.
Great value! Good sound quality
by Yong341 on April 19, 2011
Pros: very good sound quality.
Cons: Subwoofer is too big and using propietary cables to the soundbar. Remote control is too complex. Sony should have Sony Universal remote control for all its products (TV, Blu-Ray and Sound system). Missing Optical digital cable in the packaging although th
Summary: Great quality of sound. Subwoofer size and connectivity to the soundbar can be improved. Remote control too complex for a simple sound system. The manual and packaging should be in ...
Summary: Great quality of sound. Subwoofer size and connectivity to the soundbar can be improved. Remote control too complex for a simple sound system. The manual and packaging should be in synch on the contents of the package.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
sounds good..not adaptable
by Joey301 on December 9, 2010
Pros: small footprint speaker
Cons: Does not play well with others. Big box on the floor. Adds one more controller.
Summary: I have had this for almost a year, with mixed feelings. There is a one HDMI pass through limit with this, so it is not usable with my new Google ...
Summary: I have had this for almost a year, with mixed feelings. There is a one HDMI pass through limit with this, so it is not usable with my new Google TV Revue. It puts a big box in the floor, so it is not really a space saver. I purchased this to avoid having to buy a receiver and lots of speakers and speaker wires. However, now I know this can not take the place of a receiver. So, I will have to correct my rather expensive mistake and get the receiver I should have gotten from the start. It sounds pretty good though and If you never expect to expand your system, it will work fine for you. I also purchased a connection for my iPod, and it was a pain to connect to this, since the HDMI connection was insufficient.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Niche Product but Try First
by CowTownUser on August 8, 2010
Pros: All-in-One with very minimal cabling and footprint.
Great idea to save money.
Cons: Atrociously thin sound at default setting on RCA input.
Summary: This isn't an all-inclusive review, just a suggestion to swing over to an electronics store (Best Buy currently has this) and give it a listen. They had it set ...
Summary: This isn't an all-inclusive review, just a suggestion to swing over to an electronics store (Best Buy currently has this) and give it a listen. They had it set up along with a few other sound bars which did NOT have the Sony's built-in receiver/hub functionality. Compared to Boston Acoustics, Polk, and Samsung models, the Sony really lacked any kind of bass and,. more disturbingly, clearly didn't play the entire signal. What did come through was tinny and quiet and lacking a lot of the background sounds that the other modules were clearly reproducing despite also using RCAs or even an 1/8'" jack.
I've seen folks comment on how the sound of the Sony depends on the source, so you may want to ask someone to test it with multiple sources, but the sound out the RCAs made me go spend my mad money on a bicycle instead.
Again, not condemning the product, but I'd really recommend listening to it first, especially if you have an older component that might have to use the RCA jacks.
1 out of 4 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: HT-CT150
- Description: Complete your 3D home entertainment experience with simple, yet powerful surround sound. The HT-CT150 32" 3D sound bar home theater system features 3D compatibility and can also be turned into your entertainment hub by connecting multiple HD or 3D devices using a single HDMI cable per device. In addition to the advanced audio decoding technology, this beautifully sleek sound bar can be easily mounted directly to select BRAVIA TVs, hung on your wall, or placed separately on a shelf.
- Product Type Sound bar speaker system
- Product type Sound bar speaker system
- Dimensions (WxDxH) & Weight Speaker system : 31.5 in x 2.4 in x 2.6 in / 2.9 lbs,
7.7 in x 16.1 in x 17.7 in / 23.1 lbs
- Components Audio bar,
- Surround System Class 5.1 channel
- Amplifier Output Details 4 Ohm,
75 Watt - THD 1.0 % - 2 channel(s) ( Front ),
75 Watt - THD 1.0 % - 1 channel(s) ( Center ),
75 Watt - At 100 Hz - THD 1.0 % - 1 channel(s) ( Subwoofer )
- Sound Output Mode Surround Sound
- Built-in Decoders Dolby Digital
- Surround Sound Effects S-FORCE Pro Front Surround Sound
- Digital Sound Processor (DSP) Yes
- DSP Preset Qty 8
- Output Power (Total) 200 Watt
- Bass Control Yes
- Treble Control Yes
- Additional Features Audio Return Channel (ARC),
Auto power off,
- Speaker(s) Home theater sound bar system with wireless subwoofer,
1 - External - 4 Ohm - Wired,
1 - 4 Ohm - Wired
- Driver Details Full-range driver,
Center channel speaker : Full-range driver,
Subwoofer : 1 x Subwoofer driver - 130 mm
DVD / Blu-ray
- Additional Features 3D pass-through
Inputs & Outputs
- Connections 1xHDMI output-Rear,
1xDigital Media Port-Rear
- Coaxial Digital Input Yes
- Optical Digital Input Yes
- HDMI Switching Yes
- HDMI Repeater Yes
- HDMI features Up to 1080p
- Built-in display Fluorescent
- Display dimmer Yes
- Type of remote control Universal remote control - Infrared
- Supported Devices DVD player,
- Included accessories Universal remote control,
Audio (optical) cable
- Cables Included Audio (optical) cable - 8 ft
- Built-in clock Sleep timer
- Timer Sleep
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Power AC 120 V
- Power Consumption Operational 75 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 0.3 Watt
- EPA Energy Star Compliant Yes
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year