Alpine PKG-RSE2 - DVD player with LCD monitor - display 10.2 in - external
Manufacturer: Alpine Electronics Part number: PKG-RSE2
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 3 reviews
- Convert your rear seat into a Fun Zone for the entire family. If you're looking for the right entertainment set-up, look no further - with the PKG-RSE2, your backseat passengers can enjoy their favorite DVD or take on their favorite video game on any road trip.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/10/2014
Best overhead DVD player on the market
by biffdog on February 10, 2007
Pros: Great Picture from all angles, pause/stop controls from front seat
Cons: Would have liked a second set of headphones for the price
Summary: I shopped several stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, Tweeter, Ulimate Electronics) looking for an overhead DVD player. The Alpine was the best I found for one reason: the picture was ...
Summary: I shopped several stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, Tweeter, Ulimate Electronics) looking for an overhead DVD player. The Alpine was the best I found for one reason: the picture was the best from all angles, side to side and up and down. If you have a center mounted monitor, you need good resolution for the angles. Most other LCDs pictures fade quickly as you move from straight-on. Not the Alpine. At 45 degrees to the side, the picture is almost as good as straight on.
The overall picture is very good quality. I have seen high-end portable DVD players with better sharpness. That can be improved somewhat with the Alpine's picture adjustments. It's not bad, but not like high def.. Color and brightness are excellent. Sound quality is good, even through the FM modulator.
We got the Alpine at Ultimate Electronics for $600, and it came to just over $1000 installed with an extended 3 yr warranty. Normally, I pass on extended warranties, but considering the users (my kids) and it bounces all day in an SUV, $110 seemed like a bargin.
Only cons might be the price, it is high compared to other after market DVD players, but half of what the factory DVD option costed on our SUV and the Alpine has a bigger and better picture. And it should come with a second headset. The guys at Ultimate were great and threw in a second set for free when they saw we have two kids. They run about $20.
Overall, I looked at over twenty overhead DVD players, and this one was the best for viewing in the back of an SUV.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
The deck is ok. By this I mean it works.
by fungoca on May 12, 2012
Pros: The screen is bigger than competitive models.
Cons: The FM never did work properly. It was so full of static that they told me to use the aux connection instead - which required more wiring to be done.
Serious rattle when the screen is down. Drives you crazy!
Summary: Once I got it installed I noticed a very annoying rattle that only showed up when the screen was down. It got progressively worse with time. I was told that ...
Summary: Once I got it installed I noticed a very annoying rattle that only showed up when the screen was down. It got progressively worse with time. I was told that the hinges were too tight, and that even the slightest highway turbulence caused a noise akin to the grinding of one's teeth. I would not buy this product again.
Good player, but with a few problems
by DieselsDen on January 19, 2011
Pros: Good picture; nice design; multiple video and audio inputs and outputs; good remote
Cons: No volume or audio output control; headphones are hissy
Summary: After doing some research, I purchased this unit based on good customer reviews. Alpine makes great products, but for some reason, the audio doesn not meet up to their standards. ...
Summary: After doing some research, I purchased this unit based on good customer reviews. Alpine makes great products, but for some reason, the audio doesn not meet up to their standards. This player suffers from low audio output when playing DVDs, and I'm talking about high quality mastered DVDs like the STAR WARS movies. In other words, it doesn't play loud enough, no matter if the connection is through the RF transmitter or the AUX input. Other consumer reviews have noted that they have to jack up the volume just to hear it loud enough, and I'm having the same problem even though I am using a JL Audio amplier. On the other hand, when playing a CD through the player, the sound is as loud and as dynamic as playing it through my head unit, which definitely means that the output is limited by the DVD's audio.
- Manufacturer: Alpine Electronics
- Part number: PKG-RSE2
- Description: Convert your rear seat into a Fun Zone for the entire family. If you're looking for the right entertainment set-up, look no further - with the PKG-RSE2, your backseat passengers can enjoy their favorite DVD or take on their favorite video game on any road trip.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type DVD player with LCD monitor
- Width 12 in
- Depth 12 in
- Height 2 in
- Weight 5.1 lbs
- Form Factor External
- Parental Lock Yes
- Functions LCD display,
- Media Content Source CD,
- Media Type Video CD
- Features Built-in FM modulator
- Audio Specifications DVD - Response Bandwidth - 5 - 44000 Hz - Dynamic Range 90 dB - THD - 0.1%
- Type LCD monitor
- Placing / Mounting Overhead/flipdown
- Technology TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 10.2 in
- Total Pixels 1,152,000
- Image Aspect Ratio 16:9
- Resolution 800 x 480
- Widescreen Modes Normal,
- Features Built-in dome light,
- Type DVD player
- Media Load Type Slot-load
- Media Type DVD,
- Dynamic Range 90 dB
- Response Bandwidth 5 - 44000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.1%
- Type Universal remote control
- Technology Infrared
- Included Accessories Mounting kit,
- Connector Type 2 x Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ),
S-Video input ( 4 pin mini-DIN ),
Composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 )
- Metra MFK-3010S-1 navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (35119503)999.99
- Metra MFK-5823-CH-1 navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (35117050)999.99
- Sony XNV-770BT navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (34390050)675.00 - 1199.95
- Alpine SWR-T10 (34107973)299.95 - 599.99
- Alpine SWR-T12 (34108169)349.00 - 599.99
- Alpine Type-X SWX-1042D - car subwoofer driver (30844010)400.00
- Alpine IVA D106 DVD player with LCD monitor and AM/FM tuner (32856807)751.24
- Alpine PKG-M780 two LCD monitors / controller module (32463943)534.95
- Alpine PKG-RSE2 DVD player with LCD monitor (32138841)551.21 - 699.99
- Alpine SPX 13PRO - car speaker (32814387)348.00 - 650.00
- Alpine SPX 17PRO - car speaker (32814395)422.00 - 650.00
- Alpine SPX-13REF Component Speaker System (32783278)219.99 - 399.00
- Alpine PDX F6 - amplifier (34108098)442.00 - 749.99
- Alpine PDX m12 - amplifier (34107893)499.99 - 900.00
- Alpine PDX-5 - amplifier (32906231)549.99