El Kameleon JVC EXAD KD-AVX77 media player
Manufacturer: JVC Part number: KD-AVX77
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/08/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $319.00
- Reviewed by: Antuan Goodwin
- Reviewed on: 07/30/2009
The good: The JVC KD-AVX77 El Kameleon features a customizable interface and a responsive touch screen. iPod and USB browsing is quick and easy to understand. Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming increase driver safety and add an additional audio source. A plethora of AV inputs and outputs provide many expandability options.
The bad: The superwide touch screen is too small for DVD playback and its awkward aspect ratio means that most films will be cropped, stretched, or shrunken. Gesture controls are inconsistent.
The bottom line: The JVC KD-AVX77 El Kameleon is a great receiver for system builders, but the touch-screen interface isn't as easy to use as some of the competition's physical control schemes.
kd-avx77 display goes bad after taking great care of it
by BartenderTim on September 7, 2010
Pros: It has a full range of dynamic colors and backgrounds that you can do yourself. The dvd player was also a nice touch.
Cons: All the pros about this go out the window when the display goes bad after 18 months. My kd-avx77 display is broken, which means no telling what buttons you push because THE WHOLE SCREEN IS TOUCH!!!!
Summary: My display went black 2 days ago without any warning. It worked Saturday just fine, and then Sunday, it was never to be seen again. I was hesitant about buying ...
Summary: My display went black 2 days ago without any warning. It worked Saturday just fine, and then Sunday, it was never to be seen again. I was hesitant about buying anything JVC to begin with, but I was drawn in by the full touch screen display. It is beautiful when it works, however I wondered if it was durable. As this was a brand new unit, nobody had really bought it and tested this. I went for it and wasted $500 on this black box that sits in my dash now. The JVC representative told me he can't look up anything but a manual that I received with my head unit. He instead gives me a number to a service center in my area. To get them to look at it, I have to remove my stereo for atleast 3 weeks while they attend to it. For $500 you would think that some responsibility would be had by the company producing this "top of the line" head unit. When I say I took care of this unit, I TOOK CARE OF IT. It's the second most expensive thing in my car. Maybe taking the face plate off too much was the problem. It never had water on it, never dropped, never hit hard on accident, never mishandled in any way. The screen still has no scratches on it. I should have bought a $200 Pioneer with some real buttons and I probably wouldn't have any problems today. For those of you looking to make an impression inside your car with this unit, look elsewhere. I'm sure there are more durable and good looking units out there for the money. I could have used the extra $300 for something that was worth the money.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Impressive. Obi Wan has taught it well.
by NYC_Darkstar on August 22, 2011
Pros: Video can stretch to Cinemascope mode for an amazing picture in DVD mode. Amazing sound. Great sound control. Call quality is great through the speaker phone.
Cons: Could use multitouch. Wished it was a Blu Ray player also. It needs to integrate my EVO better. The remote is a bit big.
Summary: A fabulous and impressive unit.
Summary: A fabulous and impressive unit.
Great system deck. Excallent video and audio output.
by sirwizard on July 21, 2011
Pros: Wide screen with very easy to use options. The small display isn't even noticed when used with an auxilary 12" screen. It offers plenty of add on and extention ports and comes XM ready. There are many bells and whistles in this system player. Way too many
Cons: The Kameleon JVC EXAD KD-AVX77 media player comes XM ready and is Ipod compatable. To use the XM SAT radio. You need to purchase a separate adapter and signal amp kit. Also the system states Ipod compatabilaty. They dont tell you that it's apple products
Summary: I really like the Kameleon JVC EXAD KD-AVX77 media player. Way better than my last KD-AVX44 series. More options with easy basic options. You can get very detailed with the ...
Summary: I really like the Kameleon JVC EXAD KD-AVX77 media player. Way better than my last KD-AVX44 series. More options with easy basic options. You can get very detailed with the personal settings. The remote usage takes getting used to.I do recomend that you learn it as well as you can before using it while driving. Having used a previous Kameleon as my sterio of choice in 3 of my vehicals.I think that the full interaction system is easy to adjust and get used to. Others may beg to differ though. I purchased mine for a little more than $550. A bit pricey for the average media user. I believe its a good buy for all that it offers. (You get what you pay for). This is my 3rd Kameleon and by far it out preforms the $7 and $800 double din systems out there. I have my single Din deck commanding 2-12" JL W6v2, 6" component with satalite polk tweeters. Powered with a 3000watt Power Accustic amplifier.With all this on its back. The Kameleon still can easlly operate 3 additional monitors 1-12" and 2-9". This a great addition to any system. But if you don't like dealing with lots of programming and endless user control options. This system isn't for you. You may be better off using and old annalog system. Someone needs to bring back the Pullout for these people. Hahaha. If you are serious about your audio gear and willing to spend several pretty pennies this is the way to go.
- Manufacturer: JVC
- Part number: KD-AVX77
- Description: Enjoy movies on the ultra-widescreen touch panel monitor featuring the Proximity Sensor. The 10-language GUI is layout selectable, letting you change the positions of the keys or customize the wallpaper. The ultra-wide viewing angle LCD provides clear vision from almost any angle. You can play audio and video from your iPod/iPhone or USB devices, and even fine tune the sounds cape with 7-band iEQ. The built-in Bluetooth Wireless technology offers hands-free calling and other convenient functions on board.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type DVD receiver
- Series El Kameleon
- Width 7.2 in
- Depth 6.3 in
- Height 2 in
- Weight 4.9 lbs
- Form Factor In-dash unit
- Enclosure Type Full-DIN
- System Control Bus J-Link
- Supported Devices HD radio,
Satellite radio receiver,
- Functions LCD display,
- Media Content Source USB-host,
- Media Type CD-R,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards AAC,
- Supported Digital Video Standards DivX,
- Supported Digital Photo Standards JPEG
- Bluetooth functions Hands-free calling,
- High Voltage Preamp Output Yes
- Controls Balance,
- Control Features Touch panel
- Security Features Detachable faceplate
- Features Rear-facing camera capability,
Gold plated connectors
- Audio Specifications DVD - Response Bandwidth - 16 - 44000 Hz - SNR - 95 dB - Dynamic Range 93 dB
Digital Player (Recorder)
- Device Type Digital player
- Supported Digital Audio Standards WAV,
- Type LCD monitor - In-dash unit integrated
- Technology TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 5.4 in
- Total Pixels 576,000
- Image Aspect Ratio 3.32:1
- Resolution 800 x 240
- Analog Video Format PAL,
- Features Touch screen
- Radio Radio tuner - AM/FM
- Total Preset Station Qty 24
- AM Preset Station Qty 6
- FM Preset Station Qty 18
- Features FM stereo/mono switch,
Best stations memory
- Type DVD player
- Media Type DVD+R,
- Built-in Audio Decoders Dolby Digital,
Dolby Pro Logic II
- Video D/A Converter 12bit / 108MHz
- Audio D/A Converter 24bit / 192kHz
- Dynamic Range 93 dB
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio 95 dB
- Response Bandwidth 16 - 44000 Hz
- MP3 Playback Yes
- Max Output Power / Channel Qty 50 Watts x 4
- Continuous Power / Channel Qty 20 Watts x 4
- Response Bandwidth 40 - 20000 Hz
- Crossover Active crossover
- Type Digital graphic
- Equalizer Band Qty 7 bands
- Equalizer Center Frequencies 150 Hz,
- Equalizer Factory Presets Country,
- Equalizer User Preset Qty 3
- Type Remote control
- Technology Infrared
- Included Accessories Microphone,
Faceplate carrying case
- Connector Type 5.1 channel audio line-out ( RCA phono x 6 ) - Rear,
USB ( 4 pin USB Type A ) - Rear,
Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) - Rear,
Composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 ),
System components control bus
- Metra MFK-3010S-1 navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (35119503)999.99
- Metra MFK-5823-CH-1 navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (35117050)999.99
- Sony XNV-770BT navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (34390050)675.00 - 1199.95
- Alpine SWR-T10 (34107973)299.95 - 599.99
- Alpine SWR-T12 (34108169)349.00 - 599.99
- Alpine Type-X SWX-1042D - car subwoofer driver (30844010)400.00
- Alpine IVA D106 DVD player with LCD monitor and AM/FM tuner (32856807)751.24
- Alpine PKG-M780 two LCD monitors / controller module (32463943)534.95
- Alpine PKG-RSE2 DVD player with LCD monitor (32138841)551.21 - 699.99
- Alpine SPX 13PRO - car speaker (32814387)348.00 - 650.00
- Alpine SPX 17PRO - car speaker (32814395)422.00 - 650.00
- Alpine SPX-13REF Component Speaker System (32783278)219.99 - 399.00
- Alpine PDX F6 - amplifier (34108098)442.00 - 749.99
- Alpine PDX m12 - amplifier (34107893)499.99 - 900.00
- Alpine PDX-4.100M - amplifier (32902319)378.95 - 599.99