Canon Pixma iP2600
Manufacturer: Canon Part number: 2435B002
- Bottom Line:
- The Canon Pixma iP2600 is an excellent option for buyers looking to print their personal photos and text documents. We wish it had external ports for direct image uploading (although we're not surprised it doesn't), but you'll be more than satisfied with this printer's ability to deliver quality photos at a low price.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Amazon.com Marketplace|| || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/18/2013
|4MD Medical|| Not yet rated || || |
as of 11/24/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $149.99
- Reviewed by: Justin Yu
- Edited by: Rich Brown
- Reviewed on: 03/06/2008
- Released on: 01/28/2008
The good: Sleek design folds up for unobtrusive storage; portrait prints display evenly balanced colors; lines of text look sharp; low price for print quality.
The bad: Lacks PictBridge port and memory card slot; brighter colors had a slightly gray cast; USB cord not included; exterior is a magnet for fingerprints.
The bottom line: The Canon Pixma iP2600 is an excellent option for buyers looking to print their personal photos and text documents. We wish it had external ports for direct image uploading (although we're not surprised it doesn't), but you'll be more than satisfied with this printer's ability to deliver quality photos at a low price.
Expensive color ink that runs out even if not used
by macmonk on March 26, 2009
Pros: Inexpensive, nice features for price, good print quality
Cons: Cartridges are expensive and the color ink cartridge ran out of ink in 2 months even though I had not printed anything in color.
Summary: I needed a cheap printer to print black and white letters and notes constantly. The black ink cartridge ran out in 3 weeks which is fair. The color ink ran ...
Summary: I needed a cheap printer to print black and white letters and notes constantly. The black ink cartridge ran out in 3 weeks which is fair. The color ink ran out in 2 months even though everything is B&W. There is a setting to change to print only in B&W but then it gives a warning message box each time you print that the print quality may be affected because I am only using black ink. A very annoying feature when I am printing multiple different letters. There is enough hassle factor and the cost of color ink that I am planning on changing to another printer.
Feeder Goes Bad, Like Clockwork it seems
by holly411 on March 16, 2009
Pros: Very Cheap
Cons: Feeder Goes Bad, Slow Print Speed, Limited Features, Middle of the Road Color Quality, Expensive Ink, Flimsy Shell
Summary: I have a B&W workhorse laser and didn't use this printer much except for a few color prints once in awhile. If i had, I probably would ...
Summary: I have a B&W workhorse laser and didn't use this printer much except for a few color prints once in awhile. If i had, I probably would have run into the feeder issue a lot sooner like many people out there.
However, under such little use, it took 11 months for the Feeder failure to appear. The feeder starts grabbing just the right side only and jams the paper. You can try cleaning it, but it doesn't work. You can Google it and try to gauge about what stage the printer begins to do this for people--my guess is about 100 feeds.
I got this printer free with another piece of equipment, but I'm still a little disappointed Canon put out a defective printer.
Probably explains why they only offered a 90 day warranty: it was made to get past the 90 day mark only.
Not good quality
by eringarin on February 25, 2009
Pros: Cheap in price and has a nice adjustment section when printing photos to improve quality
Cons: Ink can cost just about as much as the printer. Printouts have lines running through them no matter how many times printer is cleaned and nozzles are cleaned. Goes through a ton of ink just to check nozzle patterns. Waste of money.
Summary: Cheap price, cheap quality.
Summary: Cheap price, cheap quality.
A piece of junk.
by CalTigre on December 15, 2008
Pros: A sleek paperweight.
Cons: Flimsy and unreliable. The paper cassette constantly jams. . If it does eventually print, the picture is not straight. The feed mechanism is too cheap to properly function. It makes lots of grinding noises and rarely prints. Total loss.
Summary: Buy a real printer.
Summary: Buy a real printer.
1 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Part number: 2435B002
- Description: This compact photo printer delivers true ease of use and amazing results. Its patented print head technology lets you produce beautiful, long-lasting photos with borderless edges, from credit- card size, up to 8.5" x 11", and with resolution up to 4800 x 1200 color dpi. It is fast, too: a superb 4" x 6" borderless print takes only about 55 seconds. For better results, the Auto Image Fix feature automatically corrects images for the best possible exposure, color, brightness and contrast. Also, the specially formulated pigment black ink delivers clear, laser-quality text with better readability and a higher resistance to smudging.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Photo printer - Ink-jet - Ink-jet - Color - Color
- Inkjet Technology Canon FINE (Full-lithography inkjet Nozzle Engineering)
- Ink Palette (Colors) 4-ink
- Minimum Ink Droplet Size 2 pl
- Print Speed up to 22 ppm - B/W - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
up to 17 ppm - Color - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in)
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB USB
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 600 dpi x 600 dpi 600 dpi
- Max Resolution ( Color ) 4800 dpi x 1200 dpi 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Printer Features Borderless printing
- Media Type Cards ,
Glossy photo paper ,
Semi-gloss photo paper ,
Plain paper ,
High resolution paper ,
Two-sided photo paper ,
Photo paper ,
Matte photo paper
- Max Media Size (Custom) 8.5 in x 14 in
- Media Sizes 3.9 in x 7 in,
2.1 in x 3.4 in,
3.95 in x 5.9 in,
B5 (6.93 in x 9.83 in),
Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in),
A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in)
- Envelope Sizes International DL (4.33 in x 8.66 in)
- Card / Label Sizes 2.13 in x 3.4 in
- Total Media Capacity 100 sheets
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 100 sheets
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Bays None
- Expansion Slot(s) None
- Connections 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type B
- Consumables Included 1 x Ink tank ( Black ) - Canon PG-37,
1 x Ink tank ( Color ) - Canon CL-38
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Power Device Power supply
- Power Consumption Operational 7 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 0.1 Watt
- Type None
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Canon Easy-PhotoPrint,
Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000,
Microsoft Windows XP,
Microsoft Windows Vista,
Apple MacOS X 10.3.9 or later
- ENERGY STAR Yes
- Service & Support 3 months warranty
- Service & Support Details Technical support - Phone consulting,
Limited warranty - 3 months
- Sound Emission (Operating) 43 dBA
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 17.4 in
- Depth 10 in
- Height 5.6 in
- Weight 8.2 lbs
CNET Labs' Benchmarks
- CNET Labs Photo Speed Test (pages per minute) 0.89
- CNET Labs Presentation Speed Test (pages per minute) 1.99
- CNET Labs Printer Graphics Speed Test (pages per minute) 1.79
- CNET Labs Text Speed Test (pages per minute) 5.68
- Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss SG-201 - semi-gloss photo paper - 20 sheet(s) (35130031)9.99 - 29.26
- Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss SG-201 - semi-gloss photo paper - 50 sheet(s) (35130035)29.95 - 47.14
- Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss SG-201 - semi-gloss photo paper - 50 sheet(s) (35130034)79.00 - 125.03
- Silex Pricom C-6700WG - print server (33722386)97.00 - 130.33
- Canon PG 40 Black Twin Pack - ink tank (32335113)13.95 - 126.00