Canon Pixma Pro9000
Manufacturer: Canon Part number: 9995A001
- Bottom Line:
- If you don't mind the shorter display life of dye-based prints or the paper choices offered by Canon, the Pixma Pro9000 makes an excellent choice for a medium-format inkjet printer.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/22/2013
|Amazon.com Marketplace|| || || |
as of 05/21/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $150.00 - $278.54
- Reviewed by: Phil Ryan
- Reviewed on: 08/22/2007
- Released on: 06/15/2006
The good: Excellent color and black-and-white prints; fast printing; accepts paper sizes up to 13x19 inches; can clean nozzles for subset of colors.
The bad: Dye prints don't last as long as those made with pigment inks; large footprint; no card reader.
The bottom line: If you don't mind the shorter display life of dye-based prints or the paper choices offered by Canon, the Pixma Pro9000 makes an excellent choice for a medium-format inkjet printer.
DITTO: a printer plagued by technical problems
by alektraunic on June 3, 2007
Pros: 13x19 printing and high quality output
Cons: frequent hardware failures, slow printing, poor ink management
Summary: Bought this printer for doing proofs for book layouts. The 13x19 size is great for full bleed w/ marks etc. The first night we tried to test it out. Got ...
Summary: Bought this printer for doing proofs for book layouts. The 13x19 size is great for full bleed w/ marks etc. The first night we tried to test it out. Got two prints done and the lights on the front started blinking alternately and that was the last it would print that day. A few days later decided to try it again and managed to get one print before the blinking lights of doom.
Sent it to the local certified repair center and they claimed it was fixed. Tried to do some B&W spreads with it and got through 5 pages before the blinking lights again. Turned it off, let it sit for a while, and was able to get two more pages before the blinking started again. This is totally unusable.
In addition the printer is horribly noisy when preparing to print. Grinding and clacking as the heads adjust or whatever it is attempting to do. The “pre-printing” process takes about four minutes per front loaded 13x19 sheet, and then about 30 seconds to actually print. So you are looking at about 15-20 pages per hour. Impossible if you are attempting to proof a book.
Another odd thing is that B&W prints were depleting ink from all the other colors. According to the onscreen software from Canon the magenta ink was going down just as quickly as the black and all the others were slowly being used up as well. This while printing grayscale images from a PDF.
It appears this is little more than a very expensive paperweight as the repair center informed us Canon will not do replacements.
2 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
a printer plagued by technical problems
by davidgcnet on February 3, 2007
Pros: when it works, prints are high quality
Cons: it rarely works without multiple problems, and is very slow
Summary: If you want a printer that you have to babysit, this is the printer for you. Poor manufacture quality plagues this low-cost entrant by Canon. When you do actually get ...
Summary: If you want a printer that you have to babysit, this is the printer for you. Poor manufacture quality plagues this low-cost entrant by Canon. When you do actually get a print out of it, the quality is sufficiently high. Good luck getting one print an hour, though. You will need a toolkit, or hours on the phone with Canon support to use this printer.
4 out of 10 users found this user opinion helpful.
by wysiwyg77 on August 28, 2008
Pros: Very Fast on printing 13x19 photos
Cons: None None None
Summary: Great Printer
Summary: Great Printer
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Part number: 9995A001
- Description: With the PIXMA Pro9000, you'll discover just how good a photographer you really are. The 8-color ink system opens up your color palette, and advanced software fine-tunes your output. Ready to move up to 13" x 19", or print on fine art papers? This professional-grade printer will take you to the next level. The PIXMA Pro9000's ChromaLife100 system combines the benefits of dye-based ink, Canon photo paper and FINE print head technology to produce long-lasting, beautiful prints. With an 8-color dye ink system, the Pro9000 produces a wide color gamut to achieve vivid coloration and high glossiness.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Photo printer - Ink-jet - Ink-jet - Color - Color
- Inkjet Technology Canon FINE (Full-lithography inkjet Nozzle Engineering)
- Ink Palette (Colors) 8-ink - red, green, cyan, photo cyan, magenta, photo magenta, yellow, photo black
- Nozzle Configuration 8 x 768 nozzles
- Minimum Ink Droplet Size 2 pl
- Ink Cartridge Configuration 8 individual ink tanks
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB USB
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 4800 dpi x 2400 dpi 4800 x 2400 dpi
- Max Resolution ( Color ) 4800 dpi x 2400 dpi 4800 x 2400 dpi
- Direct Printing Specifications PictBridge
- Printer Features Borderless printing
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 42 KB
- Media Type Fine art paper ,
Plain paper ,
Photo paper ,
- Max Media Size (Custom) 13 in x 19 in
- Media Sizes Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in),
4 in x 6 in,
8 in x 10 in,
Super B (13 in x 19 in),
5 in x 7 in,
4 in x 8 in
- Envelope Sizes US No 10 (4.1 in x 9.5 in)
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Bays None
- Connections 1 x USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type B,
1 x Direct print port - 4 pin USB Type A
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120 V
- Frequency Required 60 Hz
- Type None
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Canon Easy-PhotoPrint,
Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Pro,
Drivers & Utilities,
- OS Required Apple MacOS X 10.2.8 - 10.4,
Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
- ENERGY STAR Yes
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
- Sound Emission (Operating) 37 dBA
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 26 in
- Depth 14 in
- Height 7.6 in
- Weight 30.9 lbs
- Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss SG-201 - semi-gloss photo paper - 20 sheet(s) (35130031)9.99 - 29.26
- Canon CLI 8G - ink tank (35236721)17.64
- Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss SG-201 - semi-gloss photo paper - 50 sheet(s) (35130035)29.95 - 47.14
- Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss SG-201 - semi-gloss photo paper - 50 sheet(s) (35130034)79.00 - 125.03
- Canon CLI 8 8 Color Multipack - ink tank (32330223)6.36 - 118.89