HP Deskjet 460c Mobile
Manufacturer: HP Part number: C8150A
- More product information:
- Editors' review
- User reviews
- Product series
- Manufacturer info
- Bottom Line:
- The HP Deskjet 460c printer is a boon if you're constantly on the go and absolutely need to be able to print from wherever you are. The option of Wi-Fi printing gives it a slight edge over the competition.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Amazon.com Marketplace|| || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/11/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $549.99
- Reviewed by: Felisa Yang
- Edited by: Matthew Elliott
- Reviewed on: 08/16/2007
The good: Outstanding text prints; Wi-Fi printing is available as an option; USB port for connecting storage drives or PictBridge devices; Wi-Fi version lets you create up to three profiles for places you print at often; generous support package.
The bad: Graphics and photo print quality aren't great; text speeds are slower than the competition's; pricey; needs a carrying bag for easy portability
The bottom line: The HP Deskjet 460c printer is a boon if you're constantly on the go and absolutely need to be able to print from wherever you are. The option of Wi-Fi printing gives it a slight edge over the competition.
HP tech support agent's Opinion
by anon_ape on January 16, 2008
Pros: Mobile! what else?
Cons: easy to break (clumbsy owners)
Summary: I work for a call center that HP out sources to. I support this printer as well as about 14 others. The most common issue for this printer is something ...
Summary: I work for a call center that HP out sources to. I support this printer as well as about 14 others. The most common issue for this printer is something breaking(usually from customers dropping it). but thats kind of something to expect from something thats portable.
It may be a bit heavier than the cannon portable printer but it has higher quality print outs, its faster, and has higher printing volume ability.
Its used by Allstate, and many police departments. it doesnt have to many issues but sometimes it will have false out of ink lights. As i said in some other reviews if you use non HP ink you void your warranty! (I do not agree with that policy!)
because of the printers size/mobility i do suggest getting an extended warranty on this printer, if something breaks on it theres not much to fix. in most cases it will just be replaced.
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Nice quality prints but could be smaller for a portable.
by stillkn on May 1, 2007
Pros: Quality prints and long battery life
Cons: Bluetooth capable but not included and expensive, after print job lots of reseting before starting next job.
Summary: I really like this as a printer but if you're going to carry it around it should be smaller. The Cannon's are a better size but the quality ...
Summary: I really like this as a printer but if you're going to carry it around it should be smaller. The Cannon's are a better size but the quality of the HP is outstanding. The battery lasts and lasts. The bluetooth dongle is way too expensive. The lowest price I've seen was $95.00.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Good Printer, Too Big, Too Heavy!
by josephmwhite on September 10, 2007
Pros: Good print quality
Cons: Too heavy and too large for the briefcase
Summary: This is a great printer, but as a portable is much larger and heavier than the (alas discontinued!) Canon BJC-55, which also had an optional scanner cartridge. I've tried ...
Summary: This is a great printer, but as a portable is much larger and heavier than the (alas discontinued!) Canon BJC-55, which also had an optional scanner cartridge. I've tried carrying it with me, but have relegated it to the shelf.
1 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Nothing But Problems for 2 Years.
by jymlewis on February 24, 2009
Pros: When it works, it's AWESOME! Prints very fast. Quality is as good as my $500 home printer.Bluetooth means no wires. Love that.
Cons: My unit is constantly malfunctioning. It tells me the ink has run out when the ink is still new. It has some problem where all the lights flash back and forth constantly forever. When this happens there is no way to stop it. Takes forever to reset.
Summary: The constant malfunctioning is by far the most annoying thing. I've been using this piece of crap printer for 2 years now. I've learned a few things that ...
Summary: The constant malfunctioning is by far the most annoying thing. I've been using this piece of crap printer for 2 years now. I've learned a few things that make it malfunction. If you don't keep the printer totally level at all times, it starts to malfunction. So throwing it in the backseat of the car or truck, you have to make sure it's always level. If it's left on top of a jacket or allowed to tip, it will begin to malfunction and not recover for hours. If it is lower than 45 degrees outside and you leave it in your vehicle, it will malfunction and not work for hours, if not days. When it does malfunction, lights start blinking in all sorts of patterns and it stays that way indefinitely. There is no master reset. Even the power button won't make it stop or turn off. The only way to get it to stop is to totally remove the battery. Then, usually when you replace the battery and turn it back on, it starts to malfunction AGAIN! Then you try everything you can think of, including changing ink (which you know the ink is still good) and it usually still doesn't stop. Somehow, after hours of trying different stuff it will just start to work magically. No rhyme or reason to why. Then it may work again for days or months with no problems. But right when you need it most, it will **** out on you again and start the malfunctioning process all over again. Then you'll remember why you hate this printer so much.
Only problem is there is no other battery operated blu-tooth printer on the market. So if you're going to get one of these, don't get the Deskjet 460. Get one of their newer models. I am taking a jackhammer mine today and buying the newer version of this printer. Hopefully, less problems with that one, but I am not holding my breath. BUY THE INSURANCE ON THIS ONE! You'll need it!!!!!
Very Easy to break!
by itreview on September 4, 2008
Pros: It prints some of the time.
Cons: The battery is going to break at the edges...inevitable. Printer malfunctions all the time. Ink cartridges are flaky at best. HP support was not that helpful with resolving the issues. Took too much time!
Very Bulky for portable printer.
Summary: Spent several hours with HP Support trying to resolve the issues but the time spent to get it fixed was more than the printers worth. They sent a refurb piece ...
Summary: Spent several hours with HP Support trying to resolve the issues but the time spent to get it fixed was more than the printers worth. They sent a refurb piece of garbage the first time, I sent it back and got a new one but it didn't even work well.
It ended up in the garbage can! I am done with this printer!
The Canon mobile printers print better and faster anyway.
Quality printer in a compact design; great for the office on the go!
by johnmorabito on October 25, 2007
Pros: Quality printing, compact design, light weight printer with extra option features for the mobile office.
Cons: The only con is the cost of the printer and the options.
Summary: I purchased this printer last week and traveled with it. I had no issue with the size of the printer as I placed it and my laptop in a laptop ...
Summary: I purchased this printer last week and traveled with it. I had no issue with the size of the printer as I placed it and my laptop in a laptop travel bag which I placed in an overhead bin on the plane without any issues.
I used the printer to print name badges for a conference and the quality of the printing was excellent. The printing speed was also sufficient.
The only con for this printer is the cost of the printer and options.
I would recommend this printer for anyone who requires a mobile office.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: C8150A
- Description: Experience true mobility with HP's new, full-featured mobile printer that delivers optional Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity and high-quality printing for documents and photos. PRODUCT FEATURES: Connects to Bluetooth-enabled devices using an HP Bluetooth wireless CompactFlash printer card; Prints remotely from hotspots using an 802.11 WLAN CompactFlash printer card and 3-point wireless-network profile-saving switch on printer; Multiple options let you print from notebook PCs, PDAs and camera phones.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Personal printer - Ink-jet - Ink-jet - Color - Color
- Form Factor Portable
- Localization English / United States
- Ink Palette (Colors) 4 or 6-ink
- Print Speed up to 17 ppm - Black draft - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
up to 6.3 ppm - Black normal - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
up to 2 ppm - Black best - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
up to 1.5 ppm - Mixed text/color graphics normal - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
up to 2 ppm - Mixed text/color graphics best - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
up to 1.3 ppm - Photo draft - 3.95 in x 5.9 in,
up to 0.9 ppm - Photo normal - 3.95 in x 5.9 in,
up to 0.5 ppm - Photo best - 3.95 in x 5.9 in
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB USB
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi 1200 dpi
- Max Resolution ( Color ) 4800 dpi x 1200 dpi 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Image Enhancement Technology HP PhotoREt III
- Direct Printing Specifications PictBridge
- Language Simulation PCL 3E
- Fonts Included 8 x Scalable
- Processor 192 MHz
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 32 MB / 32 MB (max)
- Type Card reader
- Supported Flash Memory Cards SD Memory Card,
CompactFlash Card type I
- Media Type Cards ,
Bond paper ,
Heavy-weight photo paper ,
Recycled paper ,
Glossy paper ,
Plain paper ,
Photo paper ,
- Media Size Class A4/Legal
- Max Media Size Legal (216 x 356 mm),
A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- Max Media Size (Custom) 8.5 in x 14 in
- Media Sizes A6 (4.13 in x 5.83 in),
Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in),
Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in),
A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in),
3.95 in x 5.9 in,
JIS B5 (7.17 in x 10.12 in)
- Envelope Sizes International C6 (4.5 in x 6.38 in),
International DL (4.33 in x 8.66 in)
- Card / Label Sizes US 4 x 6 Card (4 in x 6 in),
US 5 x 8 Card (5 in x 8 in)
- Media Weight 64 g/m2 - 280 g/m2
- Total Media Capacity 50 sheets
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 50 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 500 pages 500 pages
- Cartridge / Printhead Included Qty 2
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Bays None
- Expansion Slot(s) 1 x CompactFlash Card - Type I,
1 x SD Memory Card
- Connections 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type B,
1 x Direct print port - 4 pin USB Type A
- Consumables Included 1 x Ink cartridge ( Black ) - 11 ml,
1 x Ink cartridge ( Color ) - 7 ml
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Compliant Standards EN 60950,
- Power Device Power adapter - External
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V
- Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational 40 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 5.5 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included HP Photo Printing
- OS Required Microsoft Windows Server 2003,
Apple MacOS X 10.2,
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0,
Apple MacOS X 10.3,
Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP
- Peripheral / Interface Devices USB port
- System Requirements Details Windows 98 - Pentium - 90 MHz - RAM 16 MB - HD 145 MB,
Windows ME - Pentium - 150 MHz - RAM 32 MB - HD 145 MB,
Windows 2000 - Pentium - 300 MHz - RAM 64 MB - HD 145 MB,
Windows XP - Pentium - 300 MHz - RAM 64 MB - HD 180 MB,
Windows XP 64-bit Edition - Pentium - 1.8 GHz - RAM 256 MB - HD 100 MB,
Windows Server 2003 - Pentium - 300 MHz - RAM 128 MB - HD 180 MB,
MacOS X 10.2 or later - PowerPC G3 - RAM 128 MB
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
- Min Operating Temperature 59 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 86 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 15 - 90%
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 13.4 in
- Depth 6.5 in
- Height 3.2 in
- Weight 4.6 lbs
CNET Labs' Benchmarks
- CNET Labs Photo Speed Test (pages per minute) 0.53
- CNET Labs Presentation Speed Test (pages per minute) 2.03
- CNET Labs Printer Graphics Speed Test (pages per minute) 1.89
- CNET Labs Text Speed Test (pages per minute) 4.88
Specs: Personal printer - Ink-jet - Ink-jet - Color - Color,
A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in) Legal (216 x 356 mm),
Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) A4 (210 x 297 mm),
4800 dpi x 1200 dpi 4800 x 1200 dpi,
13.4 in x 6.5 in x 3.2 in
- HP 94/94/95 Tri Pack - print cartridge (34874027)68.99 - 72.99
- Premium Compatibles print cartridge (35088407)21.71
- Premium Compatibles print cartridge (35084455)10.99
- Premium Compatibles print cartridge (35042370)21.77
- HP 57/58 Series 100-Sheet Photo Value Pack - print cartridge / paper kit (35094233)41.99 - 49.97