Primera BravoPro AutoPrinter
Manufacturer: Primera Technology Part number: 63715
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 2.5 stars out of 5 reviews
- BravoPro is Primera's newest and highest-performance disc auto printer ever. It automatically prints up to 100 CDs or DVDs at a time - all in a compact, attractive unit. With unparalleled durability, dependability and reliability, BravoPro is the best choice for businesses and organizations that demand solid performance and value. As the "big brother" to Bravo II AutoPrinter - ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/12/2014
Not a great printer
by jfharper on July 6, 2009
Pros: Robotics seem to work good.
Cons: Print quality not good all the time.
Summary: If you get a really good fresh ink cartridge, then it prints adequate. Most of the time, even from Primera store, the ink is old or something and the print ...
Summary: If you get a really good fresh ink cartridge, then it prints adequate. Most of the time, even from Primera store, the ink is old or something and the print quality suffers. Print quality not adequate to give to a client. The head is part of the Lexmark ink cartridge put together in Mexico or Phillippines, this is what I feel is the problem. I like the Epson C62 where the head is a quality head, and the ink is separate. The Epson prints extremely well, where as the BravoPro print is adequate 30% of the time, other times with ink bought from rima, supermedia and now even Primera it is a crap shoot. Under a deadline, it is frustrating to have to call and explain the problem again to tech support, where they send me replacment inks, and I send the sub-standard inks back...it's a hassel. My Epson C62 is non robotic, so I can't use for big jobs. I would be consider this above before purchasing this unit. It is OK, but not great...if you've experience great prints then go this the BravoPro, it may be frustrating.
Works better than advertised
by parlite on April 19, 2008
Pros: Just works
Cons: Has to print 4 color to get true black
Summary: My parents donated 2 of these to the non profit that I work at. The first one had over 60,000 units put thru it before needing to go back ...
Summary: My parents donated 2 of these to the non profit that I work at. The first one had over 60,000 units put thru it before needing to go back for service. It finally just wore out recently after over 100,000 discs printed. Primera could not believe the volume we were putting through this machine. It just worked, unlike the Rimage duplicator that was junk and 4 times as much in cost.
My company owns two of them, and they have been a big headache - Do not purchase.
by Brian Burrito on September 1, 2006
Pros: When they work, they do an OK job
Cons: One has a power supply problem, the other has a blown drive.
Summary: I work at a small DVD fulfillment house. In May of 2006, we bought our first Primera BravoPro. Out of the box, it would not turn on. I followed instructions, ...
Summary: I work at a small DVD fulfillment house. In May of 2006, we bought our first Primera BravoPro. Out of the box, it would not turn on. I followed instructions, switched computers, went back and forth between mac and pc - ocassionally it would magically turn on, then an hour later, abruptly switch off. Their technical support said they'd gladly take it back and send a replacement while it's being fixed, if I paid 2/3 of the cost of a new one - I guess as a security deposit.
I didn't have the luxury of time to do this, and I managed to figure out where to tap the machine to get the power to turn on. It would work for a day or two, then turn off for a few hours. I learned to live with it.
I made the big mistake about a month later and bought a second one ( iit's nice to keep systems standardized.) This one worked much better than the first, until the second disc drive stopped working - it's got power, but the burning driver (Discribe) just doesn't see it.
This brings up Discribe: It bombs roughly 3 times a day. Often, it will start printing poorly - I'll changed the ridiculously expensive cartridges, and still the same quality. I've figured out I need to reinstall the drivers and software, then it works fine.
The first Discribe's power problem has gotten so bad, I can't turn the thing on at all. An the second one only uses one drive.
Out of $7k spent, I've got a dead machine, and one that is limping. As for support, I can gladly send in the machines at my expense, have them fix them in 7 -10 days and return them. Since I've had them for more than a month, they won't even give me the oh-so generous option of sending them $2k per machine for a temporary replacement.
I would never buy a Primera product again.
Almsot as bad as the Bravo 2
by gbhumphrey on September 6, 2005
Pros: Has 100 disc capacity
Cons: Expensive ink
Summary: Primera is so close to having a good product. The main problem with this machine is the software. It easliy corrupts and fails. I've had TWO Bravo 2 untis ...
Summary: Primera is so close to having a good product. The main problem with this machine is the software. It easliy corrupts and fails. I've had TWO Bravo 2 untis and had to get rid of them both, then I got the Bravo Pro. It works a bit better, - many harware issues- but if I got the chance the buy somethign from another company, I would. Unfortunetly this is the only thing available for the Macintosh! The ink is expensive also.
Works fantastic. I've done 20,000 discs with a CISS
by jimbo2148913 on February 15, 2009
Pros: Great picture resolution (4800 dpi).
Easy to upgrade drivers, firmware.
Extremely cheap to run using an inking system (I got mine from 'JPL Displays').
DVD drives are easily replaced.
Easy to use calibration utility.
Cons: High ink costs without inking system.
Can be problematic using cheap discs.
Summary: Basically, they're a great machine. I haven't encountered any real issues with mine. I got the machine itself from JPL Displays refurbished, and it works like a charm. ...
Summary: Basically, they're a great machine. I haven't encountered any real issues with mine. I got the machine itself from JPL Displays refurbished, and it works like a charm. I highly recommend this product, and suggest it to be coupled with a continuous inking system (The only place I know of that sell the systems is 'JPL Displays', located in Australia; they ship world wide).
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Primera Technology
- Part number: 63715
- Description: BravoPro is Primera's newest and highest-performance disc auto printer ever. It automatically prints up to 100 CDs or DVDs at a time - all in a compact, attractive unit. With unparalleled durability, dependability and reliability, BravoPro is the best choice for businesses and organizations that demand solid performance and value. As the "big brother" to Bravo II AutoPrinter - the world's best-selling CD/DVD auto printer - BravoPro sets new standards for quality, speed and reliability. Just a few of its features and benefits include: The industry's fastest throughput; Direct-to-disc printing with stunning 4800 dpi print resolution; The smallest ink droplet size available - just 3 picoliters - for superb graphics, photo and text quality; Primera's exclusive AccuDisc Technology for precise, reliable disc transport.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type CD/DVD printer - Ink-jet - Ink-jet - Color - Color
- Localization North America,
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB USB
- Max Resolution ( Color ) 4800 dpi x 1200 dpi 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Media Type Compact Disc
- Media Size Class Other
- Max Media Size CD (120 mm)
- Media Sizes CD (4.75 in)
- Total Media Capacity 100 disks
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 100 disks - CD (4.75 in)
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slot(s) None
- Connections 1 x USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type B
- Cables Included 1 x USB cable
- Consumables Included 1 x Ink cartridge ( Black ),
1 x Ink cartridge ( Color )
- Compliant Standards FCC Class B certified,
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V
- Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
- Type None
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included CharisMac Discribe 5.2,
Sonic PrimoDVD 2.1
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP,
Apple MacOS X 10.2 or later
- System Requirements Details Windows 2000/XP - Pentium III - 750 MHz - RAM 256 MB
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 17.8 in
- Depth 17.5 in
- Height 11 in
- Weight 26 lbs