Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 500
Manufacturer: Logitech Part number: 967420-0403
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 4.0 stars out of 5 reviews
- Burning CDs, downloading clips, playing music, watching DVDs, sharing digital images... today's PCs are bursting with possibilities. The stunning black Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 500 offers the perfect way to orchestrate the pieces for an even cooler media experience. And with Logitech's expert Power Management System, battery life won't be a problem.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/21/2014
Terrific Keyboard/Mouse combo, it doesn't get much better than this
by hsiungben on May 22, 2005
Pros: Excellent all around, and at the price I got it for it's a dream
Cons: only thing is that the mouse doesn't have back/forward surfing buttons
Summary: I love this keyboard/mouse combo. It is one of the best hidden secrets of logitech, I think. If you opt to get a LX700, I think it's a ...
Summary: I love this keyboard/mouse combo. It is one of the best hidden secrets of logitech, I think. If you opt to get a LX700, I think it's a mistake since a lot of the reviews suggest the mouse has a slow response time. Not a problem with the LX500 mouse, very long battery life (daily use for more than 2 months before battery went out). The keyboard battery is still going, I think it'll probably last 4-5 month at least before it goes out. So there is no concern that this combo doesn't come with rechargeable batteries. The only thing missing is the back/foward surfing buttons on some mouse that's not on this one, which I find convenient when surfing the web. But there is a back button on the keyboard that sort of compensates for this. I love it, and since I only paid $30 for it, what's there to complain about? I would definitely recommend this product, don't pay for the more expensive and less effective LX700, and don't get ****** ones from microsoft, which they should stick to their software business instead of meddle with the accessories category.
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
Outstanding keyboard/mouse combo
by jture on June 4, 2005
Pros: Quick setup, nice touch and feel
Cons: Illogical rearrangement of some keys
Summary: The only thing I would criticize about this keyboard is that some of the function keys, such as the delete key, weren't where I expected them to be, but ...
Summary: The only thing I would criticize about this keyboard is that some of the function keys, such as the delete key, weren't where I expected them to be, but you get used to that eventually. The keys have a lovely light touch, very responsive.
I installed the batteries, plugged in the receiver, turned on my PC and bingo - everything was up and running, no recognition problems at all. This is my second Logitech desktop and I'm thoroughly sold on this brand.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
great for the techy multimedia person
by invazn78 on November 30, 2005
Pros: keystroke feedback, customizable controls, style
Cons: mouse click wheel feel, no forward/back buttons on mouse
Summary: this is an awesome keyboard. it has controls for just about everything the multimedia computer user does right there at the click of a button. i can even open my ...
Summary: this is an awesome keyboard. it has controls for just about everything the multimedia computer user does right there at the click of a button. i can even open my gmail account with one button; that's super cool.
the keystroke feedback is smooth and keeps noisy clicks to a muted minimum. the end and delete button positioning takes some getting used to coming from a traditional layout.
i haven't yet gotten used to the zoom/side scroll features on the mouse, but i do notice the wheel click isn't as smooth and quality-feeling like microsoft's intellimouse. tracking seems good though. i do wish it had the extra programmable forward/backward buttons on the sides of the mouse like microsoft's. this was great to control webpage viewing with just your mouse. on the logitech you have to hit a button on the keyboard with your lefthand to "go back" and there's no forward button available (although i'm sure it can be programmed, but then your little icons on the keyboard wouldn't match up).
the interactive tour was engaging and informative, and software/hardware was easy to install.
it's nice to just put your feet up on the desk, have the keyboard in your lap, and kickback while surfing the web. =)
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Decent Keyboard combo for everyday use
by morbidsaint on February 18, 2006
Pros: Programabble keys,Ergonomic,easy setup
Cons: slow response,mouse battery needs frequent change
Summary: A decent keyboard Mouse combo.Logitech's set point media and media life software enable great functionalities to turn PC in to a Home theater. Optional keys and abundant functionalities ...
Summary: A decent keyboard Mouse combo.Logitech's set point media and media life software enable great functionalities to turn PC in to a Home theater. Optional keys and abundant functionalities makes the key borad a must have thoough i cannot say the same about Mouse.
The battery life for the keyborad is very sturdy,Mouse battery runs out pretty quicky mainly because it is always turned on, Logitech is yet to build a mouse with a freaking switch to turn it off, one of the most glaring flaw in LX 300.
On the whole LX500 is recomended for everyday user and average gaming, but if you are loking for precision gamin with first shooter, look for a laser Mouse.
They finally got it right
Pros: Ultra comfortable and whisper quiet keys. Mouse tilt wheel that actually feels good and works well Cool new navigation controls for my other hand
Cons: a little bit expensive unless you buy it online, but worth the extra dosh. MediaLife is a little simple for me
- Manufacturer: Logitech
- Part number: 967420-0403
- Description: Burning CDs, downloading clips, playing music, watching DVDs, sharing digital images... today's PCs are bursting with possibilities. The stunning black Logitech Cordless Desktop LX 500 offers the perfect way to orchestrate the pieces for an even cooler media experience. And with Logitech's expert Power Management System, battery life won't be a problem.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Keyboard and mouse set - Wireless
- Interface RF
- Wireless Receiver USB / PS/2 wireless receiver
- Form factor External
- Type Keyboard
- Input Device:Connectivity Technology Wireless
- Features Palm rest
- Pointing Device / Manipulator Mouse
- Hot Keys Function Office,
- Pointing Device / Manipulator:Pointing Device Features Wireless,
Tilt Wheel technology
- Movement Detection Technology Optical
- Type Mouse
- Movement Detection Technology Optical
- Pointing Device Features Tilt Wheel technology,
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces None
- Connections 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type A,
1 x Keyboard - Generic - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style),
1 x Mouse - Generic - 6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style)
- Color Black
- Cables Included 1 x Keyboard / mouse adapter
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
Software & System Requirements
- Included Software Logitech MediaLife
- Type AA type
- Type AA type
- Installed Qty 4
- Service & Support 5 years warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 5 years
Cable(s) / Peripheral(s)
- Cable(s) Included 1 Keyboard / mouse adapter External
- Port(s) / Connector(s) Required 1 USB 4 pin USB Type A,
1 Keyboard Generic:6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style),
1 Mouse Generic:6 pin mini-DIN (PS/2 style)
- Port(s) Total (Free) None
- Service / Support Details Limited warranty 5 years
- Slot(s) Provided None
Software / System Requirements
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition,
Microsoft Windows XP,
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition