HP Color LaserJet 3600dn
Manufacturer: HP Part number: Q5988A#ABA
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 4 reviews
- Bottom Line:
- The HP Color LaserJet 3600dn is basically the same printer as the 3600n, but with additional memory and a duplexer for double-sided printing. The print quality should be the same as that of the 3600n.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/23/2014Refurbished
CNET editors' take
price range: $1,066.48
- Edited by: CNET staff and CNET staff
- Reviewed on: 05/25/2006
The bottom line: The HP Color LaserJet 3600dn is basically the same printer as the 3600n, but with additional memory and a duplexer for double-sided printing. The print quality should be the same as that of the 3600n.
Good Printer no need to worry , Go ahead its perfect.
by amirngs on February 9, 2010
Pros: Speed , realiability and good result.
Cons: weight of the machine is heavy not for girls.
Summary: I like it due to its good performance and realiablilty.
Summary: I like it due to its good performance and realiablilty.
by pradeepsudha on September 22, 2008
Pros: large paper tray, second tray allows envelops and label printing
Cons: everytime you load paper try, it complains of paper jam when there is none. Poor paper handling after tray load. Once it clears, no worries until reloading the paper tray. no scanning capability
Summary: A very good printer for the money you pay. Fast quite, and robust. My printer complains everytime when I load paper tray 2. Other than that, this is a good ...
Summary: A very good printer for the money you pay. Fast quite, and robust. My printer complains everytime when I load paper tray 2. Other than that, this is a good buy. Color printing is good also.
Good color images; black/color print quality is lacking
by gonzalem on September 3, 2008
Pros: Great color, fast printing, duplex works great, footprint is nice because it's smaller base, easy to setup
Cons: Quality of printed text is not up to par with what we've come to expect from HP printer products. The black text is not easy to read because it's not as dark and almost appears to be the same quality as a watermark effect.
Summary: The only bad thing about this printer is that the print quality seems to be not as dark and easy to read. Beware of printing small fonts. The problems seems ...
Summary: The only bad thing about this printer is that the print quality seems to be not as dark and easy to read. Beware of printing small fonts. The problems seems to be that the characters are too light to read especially under flourescent lighting. There doesn't seem to be as much color density as past HP models. We ordered two of these printers and are sending both back due to the problems described above as well as one of these new printers was defective and unrepairable by a HP tech.
Great - better than 3600n
by blaze_80 on April 17, 2008
Pros: duplexer standard, quick, prints well on different paper types
Cons: noisy, frequent calibration
Summary: Overall I like this printer very much. Having used a 3600n (same model as dn but no duplexer and less ram) The DN's speed and print quality is actually ...
Summary: Overall I like this printer very much. Having used a 3600n (same model as dn but no duplexer and less ram) The DN's speed and print quality is actually very much better then the 3600n.
Graphics quality is great, very quick prints, contrary to other reviews of the 3600n it handles large PDF's well. Makes use of the extra ram over the base model.
Transparancy printing is very slow if you specify transparancy as paper type in the driver, but much better quality than leaving at defult setting.
Can be noisy at times and performs self calibration fairly frequently, also found that it needs a full calibration about once a month to correct misalignment of colours. Have also found when printing multiple copies of a document like a newsletter with a solid colour masthead at the top of the page that every so often a partial strip of colour is missed at the top left hand edge of a few pages.
Printing of photos is great for a laser, but quality on HP recomended glossy laser paper is worse than on a generic matt premium copier paper.
One of the quickest printers at duplexing I've used. Would like to see standard paper tray go up to 500 sheets so a full ream can be loaded at once.
Would recommend for a small office who wants quick colour for business documents and in-house newsletters.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: Q5988A#ABA
- Description: In today's competitive business environment, color is an essential component to success. That's why you need a tool that can easily and effectively help you promote your business and increase profits. HP can provide you with just that tool - the HP Color LaserJet 3600 Printer series. Produce vibrant colors and realistic images on a variety of HP color LaserJet papers with HP's system of enhanced color technologies including new HP ColorSphere toner with patented additives. Create reports, presentations, and flyers on your own with HP In-House Marketing Assistant Software. Output is delivered quickly and reliably with speeds up to 17 ppm for color and black-and-white pages. The media type sensor automatically adjusts print settings to optimize the print quality for your different paper types, so you don't have to. And, the printer and supplies have been meticulously designed with your utmost convenience in mind. Here's a reliable, easy-to-use printer that's sure to bring you success.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Workgroup printer - Laser - Laser - Color - Color
- Print Speed up to 17 ppm - B/W - Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in),
up to 17 ppm - Color - Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in)
- Built-in Devices Status LCD
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB LAN,
Ethernet 10/100Base-TX USB
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 600 dpi x 600 dpi 600 dpi
- Max Resolution ( Color ) 600 dpi x 600 dpi 600 dpi
- Image Enhancement Technology HP ImageREt 3600
- Automatic Duplexing Duplex Yes
- Processor 360 MHz
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 128 MB / 128 MB (max)
- Technology SDRAM
- Media Type Bond paper ,
Recycled paper ,
Color laser paper ,
Glossy paper ,
- Media Size Class Legal
- Max Media Size Legal (216 x 356 mm)
- Max Media Size (Custom) 8.5 in x 14 in
- Media Sizes Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in),
Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in),
A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in),
3 in x 5 in
- Envelope Sizes US No 10 (4.1 in x 9.5 in),
Monarch (3.87 in x 7.5 in),
International B5 (6.93 in x 9.83 in)
- Media Weight 60 g/m2 - 220 g/m2
- Total Media Capacity 350 sheets
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 100 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m2 - 220 g/m2,
1 x Autoload - 250 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m2 - 120 g/m2
- Max Media Capacity 850 sheets
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 50000 pages 50000 pages
- Modem None
- Networking Print server - Plug-in module
- Data Link Protocol Fast Ethernet,
- Network / Transport Protocol TCP/IP
- Remote Management Protocol Telnet,
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Bays None
- Connections 1 x USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type B,
1 x LAN - RJ-45
- Cables Included 1 x USB cable - 6.6 ft
- Consumables Included 1 x Toner cartridge ( Black ) - up to 6000 pages,
1 x Toner cartridge ( Cyan ) - up to 4000 pages,
1 x Toner cartridge ( Magenta ) - up to 4000 pages,
1 x Toner cartridge ( Yellow ) - up to 4000 pages
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational 335 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 48 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Apple MacOS X 10.4 ,
Microsoft Windows 2000 ,
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 ,
Apple MacOS X 10.3 ,
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition ,
Microsoft Windows XP Professional ,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition ,
Apple MacOS X 10.2 ,
Red Hat Linux 6.0 or later
- System Requirements Details Windows 98 - Pentium - 90 MHz - RAM 16 MB,
Windows ME - Pentium - 150 MHz - RAM 32 MB,
Windows 2000 - Pentium - 133 MHz - RAM 64 MB,
Windows XP - 233 MHz - RAM 64 MB,
Windows 2003 Server - 550 MHz - RAM 128 MB,
MacOS - HD 160 MB
- ENERGY STAR Yes
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year - On-site - response time: Next day
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 80.6 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 70%
- Sound Emission (Idle) 39 dBA
- Sound Emission (Operating) 55 dBA
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 15.7 in
- Depth 17.7 in
- Height 16.7 in
- Weight 61.7 lbs