HP LaserJet 1012
Manufacturer: HP Part number: Q2461A#ABA
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/22/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $70.00
- Reviewed by: Laurie Bouck
- Reviewed on: 01/26/2004
- Released on: 09/18/2003
The good: Good print quality and speed; double-sided printing; watermark feature; Windows and Mac compatible.
The bad: Some installation glitches; limited paper-tray capacity; no USB cable.
The bottom line: The affordable HP LaserJet 1012 delivers good print quality and speed, but it's best suited for short reports and graphs.
excellent laser printer for the price
Pros: Easy to install and operate.Low noise level & great print quality
Cons: Not sure about the ongoing cost. Cartridge seems expensive.
Great for a student
Pros: Prints fast. Easy to use. Good size for a SOHO or dorm room
Cons: Doesn't come with a USB cable.
Great, easy to use, fast laserjet
Pros: Easy to install. It works fast. The quality of printing is great. Does not take a whole lot of space. Very useful little laserjet for home or a small business.
Cons: I haven't found any.
Watch out for the Spyware
Pros: Very Good Quality printing and the toner cartridge has lasted.
Cons: Statusclient.exe installed by HP kept accessing the hard drive. HP Service finally said the program wasn't needed and now it's fine.
High quality, low cost laser
Pros: Great light-duty laser printer for home office. Easy install on my WinXP WiFi network. Small footprint with fast, crisp printing. Replaced my LaserJet 4L six months ago with this one and couldn't be happier. Shop around and you can buy it for just $149.
Cons: Toner cartridge only rated for about 2,000 copies.
Best Buy For Home Use
Pros: Bought for $150 on rebate at Office Depot. Love this printer. Printed my wedding invitations for 200 people on it as well as thank you notes. Comes with a full toner cartridge that is still going strong after extensive use. Surprisingly quick too.
Cons: Printing special media is a bit tricky. No USB cable included (but who does these days!)
Pros: Compact and very quiet. Excellent print quality at high dpi. Draft is a little iffy.
Cons: Does not have Parallel. Only available on 1015 which is only available in Europe! Uses a Host Based Interpreter rather than internal interpreter. Gave us major problems with some of our software.
Great Small Job Home Printer
Pros: Every time I print something and my HP (nearly) silently does its job I smile. I cannot believe how loud and "shaky" my old inkjet was. The price on the HP was fair($140). As for the toner costs... its still better than an inkjet-by far. Of course it
Cons: I have had this for 6 months (using xp) and have had zero problems. I only print small jobs (1-5 pages) so I have not run into any of those large job issues. As for the lack of a usb cable... as your throwing out your old inkjet.. just grab the old cable
printer wears out easily
Pros: prints well, easy to use
Cons: The roller drum can wear out very quickly. We have been through 2 printers so far. Each only lasted about 6 months. HP did honor the warranty but stated this is not an uncommon problem w/ moderate to heavy usage (still under max. page rec.)
Easy set up and operation
Pros: Easy set up, quick installation, crisp, quick printing.
Cons: Didn't come with USB cable - for $8 you'd think it would be included.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: Q2461A#ABA
- Description: Today's professionals need to save time, costs, and valuable workspace. The HP LaserJet 1012 series printer gives you that edge without compromising the high quality you have come to expect from HP LaserJet printers. Discover the advantages of personal HP LaserJet printing in any office environment. The HP LaserJet 1012 printer offers desktop laser printing for small businesses, home offices, and single users in corporate environments. The sleek, compact design fits seamlessly into your working environment without requiring you to reorganize your workspace. It's designed to be simple to both set up and operate, so you're up and printing professional quality documents in no time, right out of the box. It's an affordable solution that instantly becomes a welcomed addition to any office environment.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Personal printer - Laser - Laser - Monochrome - Monochrome
- Print Speed up to 14 ppm - B/W - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
up to 15 ppm - B/W - Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in)
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB USB
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 600 dpi x 600 dpi 600 dpi
- Image Enhancement Technology HP ImageREt 1200
- Processor 133 MHz
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 8 MB / 8 MB (max)
- Media Type Postal card paper ,
- Max Media Size (Custom) 8.5 in x 14 in
- Media Sizes C5 (6.38 in x 9 in),
B5 (6.93 in x 9.83 in),
Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in),
Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in),
A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in),
JIS B5 (7.17 in x 10.12 in)
- Envelope Sizes Monarch (3.87 in x 7.5 in),
International DL (4.33 in x 8.66 in),
Com-10 (4.13 in x 9.5 in)
- Total Media Capacity 160 sheets
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 150 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
1 x Autoload - 10 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 5000 pages 5000 pages
- Cartridge / Printhead Duty Cycle 2000 pages
- Cartridge / Printhead Included Qty 1
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Bays None
- Connections 1 x USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type B
- Consumables Included 1 x Toner cartridge ( Black ) - up to 2000 pages
- Microsoft Certifications Works with Windows Vista
- Compliant Standards FCC Class B certified,
CISPR 22 Class B
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V
- Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational 250 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 2 Watt
- Type None
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Apple MacOS 9.1 or later ,
Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP ,
Apple MacOS X 10.1 ,
Apple MacOS X 10.2
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 90.5 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
- Sound Emission (Operating) 62 dBA
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 14.6 in
- Depth 9.1 in
- Height 8.2 in
- Weight 13 lbs
- HP toner cartridge (34704559)66.57 - 83.61
- Rhinotek MICR toner cartridge (34912836)100.56 - 117.17
- Rhinotek Jumbo - toner cartridge (34912842)68.99 - 70.70
- Rosewill toner cartridge (34832280)27.99
- Q2612A Ultraprecise Print Cartridge for HP LaserJet 1010 Series Printers (30578068)15.95 - 143.00