HP LaserJet 1160
Manufacturer: HP Part number: Q5933A#ABA
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| Not yet rated || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/20/2014Refurbished
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 04/20/2014Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $151.00 - $215.61
- Reviewed by: Jeffrey Fuchs
- Edited by: Elsa Wenzel
- Reviewed on: 12/15/2004
The good: Excellent-quality text printing; PC and Mac compatible.
The bad: Expensive; no built-in duplexer; can't expand memory or add paper trays.
The bottom line: This is a good HP grayscale laser printer, but the expandable HP LaserJet 1320 is a better buy.
Poor printer, not suitable for preparing scientific documents
by pallabg on January 12, 2006
Pros: Fast printing
Cons: Poor quality print. The quality of print is inferior in comparison with HP Laserjet 1010. Not suitable for printing photos and dark symbols. The manual feeder is inconvenient
Summary: Do not buy this printer. It may be good for printing plain text, but not suitable for printing graphics. The printouts look like economic mode prints of 2200 printer. I ...
Summary: Do not buy this printer. It may be good for printing plain text, but not suitable for printing graphics. The printouts look like economic mode prints of 2200 printer. I have printed more than 500 pages in the hope that the performance would improve. But the quality remains poor. Why has HP launched this printer?
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Macintosh setup unsuccesful.
Pros: I needed a printer with both USB and parallel port inputs. The installation to my windows laptop was trouble free.
Cons: While the printer works with my Mac, I could not install the HP toolbox via the Mac. If I did not also have a PC linked to the printer (which enables all the printer options) I would be VERY unhappy.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Nice SOHO printer
by necrolin on May 5, 2007
Pros: Good speed, prints well, works with Linux, no problems so far.
Cons: None so far.
Summary: I've been using this printer for my SOHO for several months now and it's printed flawlessly. I haven't seen a single error so far. It works well ...
Summary: I've been using this printer for my SOHO for several months now and it's printed flawlessly. I haven't seen a single error so far. It works well with all the computers on the network including: Linux, Vista, and XP. Everyone here's been very happy with it. 2 thumbs up.
treat customers like trash
by ace101 on October 27, 2005
Pros: when it worked,it worked but that is history
Cons: customer service/tech support
Summary: Printer started printing with dark streaks. Used on-line diagnostics to identify cause was three month-old toner cartridge and not printer. Called sustomer service to see how long warranty was. Customer ...
Summary: Printer started printing with dark streaks. Used on-line diagnostics to identify cause was three month-old toner cartridge and not printer. Called sustomer service to see how long warranty was. Customer service told me only technical support could tellme that, and that is would cost me $39.95 to speak with technical support (to tell me whether a $79.95 item was covered by warranty). I threw out the printer and purchased a Brother which comes with lifetime free tech support. I sent an email to HP, received an acknowledgment about how important it was to them and apologizing for the delay in sending me a personal response. I heard nothing further.
beware of HP repair policies
by jss19 on July 6, 2005
Pros: prints clear and fast copy
Cons: broke after one month minimal of use; repair process a sham
Summary: A warning to all potential HP customers--beware! I had my printer for one month before it died and after several days of having it work for a job or two ...
Summary: A warning to all potential HP customers--beware! I had my printer for one month before it died and after several days of having it work for a job or two before it died again, the HP techs said that it was hopeless and should be returned for repairs. It was then that I learned that the HP policy is that you have to pay to have it shipped back for repairs (unless you want a refurbished model). Worse still, after I got it back, the information on the return slip indicated "other problems" and that it was "upgraded." When I called for specifics I was told that they couldn't find any problem and simply returned it. Yeah, that really builds confidence in a customer, especially when there were two locations on the form to relay that they hadn't found the customer problem. Sure enough, it broke down again the next day. The tech advice--send it to us for repairs!
So, you've been warned. If you are lucky and yours works, great, but after having to spend endless hours on this with no printer to show for it there is no way that I'd ever by an HP again.
Poor Design, Poor Quality, Constant Errors
Pros: We have hundreds of HP printers. Will buy older 1150 or 1300 models as long as they are available and hope HP releases a better model.
Cons: Manual feed slot is a joke with no support for the paper. Plastic parts are not assembled well due to poor design, hard to install toner cartridge. Constant errors trying to print simple Word and Excel pages, system does not resume multi-page jobs when
Excellent except for manual feed.
Pros: As usual, excellent quality and workmanship. I am a dedicated HP fan after owning many HP products over the years.
Cons: Disappointed ... I should have read the specs before buying. The manual feed tray is NOT functional for my use. May only feed one sheet of paper/envelope at a time.
No font support.
Pros: Prints Times New Roman
Cons: No built in Arial font, no access to translation table, no downloadable font.
Manual feed stinks
Pros: Very fast; good output; mostly good HP hardware quality, as usual.
Cons: BEWARE: Manual feed doesn't without pushing with TWO HANDS, verified by HP tech support they admit it's a design flaw. Also the software stinks as usual from HP.
Nice printer if you don't need Postscript
Pros: Sharp looking print and fairly nice looking photos.
Cons: No postscript and not true 1200 dpi. Toolbox software is very awkward and bloated.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: Q5933A#ABA
- Description: Rely on this high-quality, black-and-white HP LaserJet 1160 printer with easy compatibility at an affordable price. Create a professional appearance with 1200 dpi effective output. Your clients and customers will appreciate the printer's clear, sharp output, achieved with HP REt and FastRes 1200 printing. Boost office productivity with up to 20 ppm and a fast first page out. The HP LaserJet 1160 printer features a print speed of up to 19 ppm (A4)/20 ppm (letter), and Instant on Technology enables the first page to print in less than 10 seconds. A powerful 133 MHz processor allows you to print efficiently from start to finish, and with a robust 16 MB RAM, you won't have to worry about running out of memory before your job is complete. Save valuable desk space with a compact design. Featuring an enhanced design with no protruding tray, you can print simply and conveniently from almost anywhere in your office. The large-capacity 250 sheet input tray, single-sheet multipurpose input slot, and 125-sheet output bin offer versatility for your office printing.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Workgroup printer - Laser - Laser - Monochrome - Monochrome
- Form Factor Desktop
- Enclosure Color White
- Localization English / United States
- Print Speed up to 20 ppm - B/W - Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in)
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB USB,
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 600 dpi x 600 dpi 600 dpi
- Image Enhancement Technology HP FastRes 1200
- Language Simulation PCL 5E
- Fonts Included 26 x Scalable
- Processor Motorola ColdFire 4 133 MHz
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 16 MB / 16 MB (max)
- Media Type Cards ,
Recycled paper ,
Plain paper ,
- Media Size Class A4/Legal
- Max Media Size Legal (216 x 356 mm),
A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- Max Media Size (Custom) 8.5 in x 14 in
- Media Sizes Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in),
Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in),
3 in x 5 in
- Envelope Sizes US No 10 (4.1 in x 9.5 in),
Monarch (3.87 in x 7.5 in),
International DL (4.33 in x 8.66 in),
International C5 (6.38 in x 9 in)
- Media Weight 60 g/m2 - 163 g/m2
- Total Media Capacity 250 sheets
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 250 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m2 - 105 g/m2,
1 x Manual load - 1 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m2 - 163 g/m2
- Max Media Capacity 250 sheets
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 10000 pages 10000 pages
- Cartridge / Printhead Included Qty 1
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Network / Transport Protocol TCP/IP
- Type None
- Copier Type None
- Max Document Size Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Bays None (total) / None (free) x None
- Interfaces 1 x USB,
- Connections USB,
1 x Parallel Parallel,
1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type B
- Consumables Included 1 x Toner cartridge ( Black ) - up to 2500 pages
- Features LED display
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Compliant Standards CISPR 22,
FCC Part 15 B,
IEC 825-1/EN 60825-1 class 1,
EN55022 Class B
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120 V
- Frequency Required 60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational 345 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 6 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 ,
Microsoft Windows 2000 ,
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 ,
Microsoft Windows XP ,
Apple MacOS X 10.1 - 10.3 ,
Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition ,
Apple MacOS 9
- Peripheral / Interface Devices USB port
- ENERGY STAR Yes
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year - Carry-in
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 90.5 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
- Sound Emission (Operating) 55 dBA
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 13.8 in
- Depth 14 in
- Height 10.1 in
- Weight 22.9 lbs