HP LaserJet 1300
Manufacturer: HP Part number: Q1334A
- Bottom Line:
- The LaserJet 1300 offers fast prints and a lot of expansion options for a home office or a small business. Unfortunately, its print quality fails to measure up to the rest of its attributes.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| Not yet rated || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/24/2014Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $98.99
- Reviewed by: Chris Robertson
- Reviewed on: 07/18/2003
- Released on: 04/01/2003
The good: Prints fast; nice expansion options; compatible with many operating systems.
The bad: Poor graphics print quality; mediocre text-print quality; no USB or parallel cable.
The bottom line: The LaserJet 1300 offers fast prints and a lot of expansion options for a home office or a small business. Unfortunately, its print quality fails to measure up to the rest of its attributes.
Printer Quality is not reliable
by TLWoodall on August 2, 2006
Pros: Prints fast
Cons: Ghosting, Smugs and needs repair to often.
Summary: I have printed under a thousand pages when the ghosting, smears and black speckles first occurred. For 8 years, I've used a HP 5M (and still do) without any ...
Summary: I have printed under a thousand pages when the ghosting, smears and black speckles first occurred. For 8 years, I've used a HP 5M (and still do) without any problems, so I purchased a HP LJ1300 for home. (Never HP again). Seems they lost their edge, which they use to build a quality printer that not only printed fast but also was reliable.
Researching the problem it's the fuser in the printer or it the HP cartridges (basically poor manufacturing of all products). And many other people are experiencing the same problem.
Lot of money for cheap printer
by nyara on December 1, 2005
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Curls paper, image imprinter goes bad, no envelope feeder, toner expensive, difficult to clear and clean from jams
Summary: Have always bought HP. The LaserJet 1300 is a poor product. It overheats after only a few sheets, curling the paper and feeding already printed paper back into itself, the ...
Summary: Have always bought HP. The LaserJet 1300 is a poor product. It overheats after only a few sheets, curling the paper and feeding already printed paper back into itself, the document image imprinter has been repaired and went out again, cleaning the printer is out of the question since you are only given access to MINIMAL parts, the documentation is only in pdf format (difficult for novice computer users), doesn't come with any cables (however, most HPs and other printers don't) and the image quality isn't all that great for the price paid. Compared with others (Brother, Lexmark, etc.), the HP LaserJet 1300 is a waste of money.
Broke down 3 times in 3 months
Pros: Quiet and speed is not bad
Cons: Paper misfeeds, jams and streaking seem to be common place
Excellent workhorse and reliable
Pros: I've had the LJ1200 for 3 years now and just topped 100,000 prints. Still works great and no problems. Do a cost-per-copy comarison and see how much $$ you will save!
Cons: Wouldn't recommend that you use the USB connection. Parallel is still the way to go on this model.
Don't use refurb cartridges
Pros: I have several of these printers in the office networks I support. They are good for the price. What I want to state here is that another reviewer was dissapointed that refurb cartridges were not available. Don't use these unless you want problems, folk
Cons: Too much paper curling, and HP paper was the worst offender when I tried various reams. Also, there's too much heat for individual label runs - don't expect the same sheet to last through 10 passes without turing dark grey.
Doesn't Cut It
Cons: The print is sometimes crooked, it doesn't print labels well, because it leaves a residue on the page after each printing, it pulls multiple pages through on each page...
Nice printer, but not a definite winner
Pros: Nice design, fits anywhere. Very fast printing, neat webbrowser-based configuration. Relatively quiet. It also has an on/off switch.
Cons: Print quality is ok, but i've seen much better. The output tray is too small, after about 50 pages paper will fall out. Toner connection inside printer is bad, after paperjam or replacement of the cartridge you sometimes have to insert en pull out te tone
Nice printer with excellent text Quality
Pros: Very easy Instalation. Fast and high quality Text prit. Reasonable price. Nice and Silent performance. Usefull driver and HP Toolbox features. shaded and gray areas Print well (On 600dpi reselotion) compared to my brother's two years old HP Laserjet 1200.
Cons: the only bad thing with this printer is that ink covrage on wide back surfaces seems irregular and not perfect.
discount cartridge hard to find
Pros: It is a good and reliable network printer (actually we use 1300n).
Cons: We are having a hard time finding discounted replacement cartridges. Some discount stores simply don't carry them, and once our order was cancelled because the store did not have them in stock (though they initially said they did). If we knew about the
Solid performance so far, easy operation
Pros: We've been using our 1300 without any problems for five months now. Setup was simple and fast (we use USB 2 to connect to the printer). HP-supplied software tracks usage and toner, but seems a trifle over-kill. We print mostly text, graphs, and charts, bu
Cons: The output bin on top of the printer is marginally adequate. Its design tends to increase the paper curl that comes with laser printers. The rear output door could be somewhat awkward to reach if your only access is from the front of the printer in a tigh
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: Q1334A
- Description: Busy professionals need a dependable printer to produce business documents that both communicate ideas and present an impressive image to their customers. The HP LaserJet 1300 Series Printers put that power right at your fingertips. And, with print speeds of 20 ppm, you're ensured efficiency from start to finish. Fast start of print jobs - the instant-on fuser produces the first page of each print job in just 8 seconds. Fast printing speed and reliability that busy professionals can count on - with a 133 MHz processor and 16 MB of RAM (expandable to 80 RAM), the HP LaserJet printers accommodate the demands of your personal or shared printing needs. Enhance your business communication - high quality black and white text printing at 1200 by 1200 dpi resolution delivers the consistently clear, sharp print quality that will impress your clients and customers. Produce high quality printed documents quickly and easily - print speed of 20 ppm for letter-size pages ensures efficiency from start to finish. Easy setup means you begin printing in minutes - connect printer using a USB or parallel (LIO) port, or for network printing, use the HP jetdirect 200m LIO internal print server (optional on 1300 model); install an optional wireless external print server to further extend printing options. Expandable to meet your specific needs - use the open DIMM slot to add more memory or fonts to make your business communication best represent your company and your message. Compatible with many office environments - print with PCL 5e, PCL 6, or Postscript Level 2 emulation to meet standards that are recognized in businesses around the world. Enjoy longer periods of continuous printing - printers come with a 260-sheet standard paper input capacity and you can add an optional paper tray to reach a total input capacity of 510 sheets so you load trays less often. Easy supplies maintenance further minimizes user intervention - printers come with a single-piece, easy-to-replace 2,500-page HP Smart print cartridge or you can install a high capacity 4, 000-page HP Smart print cartridge for maximum uptime. (Using genuine HP supplies ensures availability of all HP printing features.)
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Personal printer - Laser - Laser - Monochrome - Monochrome
- Form Factor Desktop
- Enclosure Color White
- Print Speed up to 19 ppm - B/W
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB USB,
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi 1200 dpi
- PostScript Support Standard
- Language Simulation PCL 6,
- Fonts Included 45 x PCL 6,
35 x PostScript
- Processor Motorola ColdFire 133 MHz
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 16 MB / 80 MB (max)
- Technology SDRAM - DIMM 100-pin
- Media Type Cards ,
- Media Size Class A4/Legal
- Max Media Size Legal (216 x 356 mm),
A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- Max Media Size (Custom) 8.5 in x 14 in
- Media Sizes C5 (6.38 in x 9 in),
B5 (6.93 in x 9.83 in),
Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in),
Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in),
A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in),
JIS B5 (7.17 in x 10.12 in)
- Envelope Sizes Monarch (3.87 in x 7.5 in),
International B5 (6.93 in x 9.83 in),
International DL (4.33 in x 8.66 in),
International C5 (6.38 in x 9 in),
Com-10 (4.13 in x 9.5 in)
- Total Media Capacity 260 sheets
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 250 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
1 x Autoload - 10 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Max Media Capacity 510 sheets
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 10000 pages 10000 pages
- Cartridge / Printhead Included Qty 1
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Data Link Protocol Ethernet
- Network / Transport Protocol TCP/IP
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slot(s) 1 x Memory - DIMM 100-pin,
1 x LIO
- Connections 1 x USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type B,
1 x Parallel - 36 pin Centronics
- Consumables Included 1 x Toner cartridge ( Black )
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Compliant Standards EN 60950,
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Voltage Required AC 230 V
- Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational 320 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 7 Watt
- Run Time (Up To) None
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required UNIX ,
Apple MacOS X ,
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP3 ,
Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP ,
Microsoft DOS ,
Apple MacOS 9.x ,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition ,
Apple MacOS 8.6 ,
- ENERGY STAR Yes
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 91.4 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
- Sound Emission 57 dBA
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 16.3 in
- Depth 19.1 in
- Height 9.5 in
- Weight 19 lbs