HP LaserJet 5L
Manufacturer: HP Part number: C3941A
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 2.0 stars out of 9 reviews
- The HP LaserJet 5L printer is an inexpensive 4 page per minute laser printer designed for small office or home environments for use by individuals or small workgroups. The HP LaserJet 5L printer uses HP's Enhanced PCL 5 printer language for use with (IBM compatible) PCs. The printer meets high document quality expectations with true 600 x 600 dot ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/28/2014Refurbished
Nice, Small Laser, needs a fix
by augiedog964 on March 11, 2006
Pros: Feeds almost straight through or turns up and stacks in order, upgradeable memory, toner lasts a long time, cheap toner, not too hard to take apart
Cons: Paper Feed must be repaired for it to do any real work
Summary: I recieved this printer as a hand-me-down. It had had been used rather heavily and reached the time where the seperation pads hardened. It had major multiple feed problems. FOr ...
Summary: I recieved this printer as a hand-me-down. It had had been used rather heavily and reached the time where the seperation pads hardened. It had major multiple feed problems. FOr a while I just fed one sheet at a time. This frusterated me so much. I went on ebay and bought the HP repair kit. I messed up this simple kit. Later I took the seperation pad that came with the kit and hot glued it on top of the old seperation pad. SO far everything has gone well. Don't buy without kit and read the its instructions thoughly before starting. DOn't push the tool too hard. search Hp LaserJet 5L and buy the hp genuine repair kit. You only need to replace the seperation pads, not the rollers and so on. If you have some repair skill and are looking for a cheap b/w laser, this is definately the ticket.
Awesome little printer
Pros: I have had this printer as my primary home printer for 8+ years. After a simple paper feed fix, I have had no problems at all with paper feed.
Cons: Many pages will not print with the base memory
A smudge on the HP name...
Pros: Nothing that any other printer won't do.
Cons: MULTIPLE PAPER FEEDING!! I MUST feed pages in one at a time. Unreal. I would not expect this from HP. Next, 1MB memory? Come on. When printing from Acrobat is when I notice it the most. Save your money. Buy something else.
Great printing if you fancy paper jams!
Pros: Nice prints
Cons: The only ways to avoid jams are to either feed one paper at a time or buying a special insert for this printer to fix the problem. Buying a new cheap laser with more memory and faster ppm sounds like more fun to me.
Great value for the time
Pros: Very good quality. Takes a basic (helpful) memory upgrade. Long toner life (1.5+ cases of paper). Small footprint.
Cons: The infamous multiple paper feed error when the bin gets near empty after about the third case of paper. Should have been recalled by HP.
Paper jams make this printer not worth the purchase.
Pros: Prints quality is excellent. Even prints envelops and labels well.
Cons: Paper jams frequently. Pulls 10 pages at a time and then you have to struggle to unjam the sheets. I would recommend this printer only if you want a good workout unjamming it.
Was great for its time
Pros: This printer was great when we first bought it sometime around 1997-1998. It's been a great workhorse for detailed graphic printing for 5+ years.
Cons: Just about 2 years ago the printer started to fail in small ways: sudden halftone problems with graphics, memory overloads (easy to understand with 1mb), and worst of all - the previously mentioned 'multi-paper pull' resulting in a big mess and a frustrat
Pros: Small footprint, clean, crisp text, upgradeable to 9mb memory, no problems except as mentioned below
Cons: Paper feed - feeds crooked Paper feed - doesn't feed Paper feed - multiple feed, up to 10 sheets I bought mine as a factory refurb around 5 yrs ago and it has never fed paper properly. I don't print a lot (still haven't gone through the 1st toner), otherw
Good HP value, bad paper feed
Pros: The high quality output that you'd expect from HP. Black is black (not grey) and text is sharp. Very nice compact design. It's hard to find low-cost laser printers with high contrast output this nice. You'll need to upgrade the memory if you plan on prin
Cons: Having the paper stand on end was a new venture for HP and the paper feed was a casualty in this case. I regularly have 5 or so pages get pulled through at once. I typcially give up and feed one at a time.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: C3941A
- Description: The HP LaserJet 5L printer is an inexpensive 4 page per minute laser printer designed for small office or home environments for use by individuals or small workgroups. The HP LaserJet 5L printer uses HP's Enhanced PCL 5 printer language for use with (IBM compatible) PCs. The printer meets high document quality expectations with true 600 x 600 dot per inch (dpi) resolution, Resolution Enhancement technology (REt), 210 levels of gray at 106 lines per inch in Windows, and 26 scalable typefaces to choose from. Two trays (one holding 100 sheets and the other a priority single sheet input slot) allow for the use of specialty papers from postcard to legal sizes. A straight through paper path allows for printing up to 42 lb. bond weight. One empty memory slot allows for memory expandability for a total of 9 MB. Linking the HP LaserJet printer directly with a LAN is easily done with HP's external JetDirect EX print servers, and the HP Printer Pal lets you receive faxes on plain paper.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Workgroup printer - Laser - Laser - Monochrome - Monochrome
- Form Factor Desktop
- Enclosure Color White
- Localization English / United States
- Print Speed up to 4 ppm - B/W
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface Parallel Parallel
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 600 dpi x 600 dpi 600 dpi
- PostScript Support Optional
- Language Simulation PCL 5
- Fonts Included 26 x Scalable
- Processor Motorola 68030 24 MHz
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 1 MB / 9 MB (max)
- Slots Qty 1
- Empty Slots 1
- Media Path Type Curved
- Media Type Coated paper ,
Semi-gloss photo paper ,
Glossy paper ,
Plain paper ,
- Media Size Class A4/Legal
- Max Media Size Legal (216 x 356 mm),
A4 (210 x 297 mm)
- Max Media Size (Custom) 8.5 in x 14 in
- Media Sizes A6 (4.13 in x 5.83 in),
B5 (6.93 in x 9.83 in),
A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in),
A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in)
- Envelope Sizes Monarch (3.87 in x 7.5 in),
International B5 (6.93 in x 9.83 in),
International DL (4.33 in x 8.66 in),
International C5 (6.38 in x 9 in),
Com-10 (4.13 in x 9.5 in)
- Total Media Capacity 100 sheets
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 100 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Cartridge / Printhead Included Qty 1
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces None
- Connections 1 x Parallel - 36 pin Centronics
- Power Device Power supply - Integrated
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ± 10%
- Frequency Required 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption Operational 100 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 6 Watt
- Compliant Standards EPA Energy Star
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year - On-site
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 89.6 °F
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 13.2 in
- Depth 12.3 in
- Height 8.9 in
- Weight 15.9 lbs