Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: ML-2250
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|123Inkjets.com|| Not yet rated || In stock |
Free Shipping On All Orders Over $50
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/06/2013
|Concord Supplies|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 12/06/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $44.99 - $54.55
- Reviewed by: Dan Littman
- Edited by: Elsa Wenzel
- Reviewed on: 09/30/2004
- Released on: 07/07/2004
The good: Inexpensive; solid print quality and grayscale graphics; good paper handling; penny-per-page toner cost beats most competitors'.
The bad: Slower than other lasers in its class; won't serve Mac users; requires buying extras to network or double the print capacity.
The bottom line: Toner refills and a low ticket price, plus fine print quality, make the ML-2250 a great home-office laser printer.
Great product, fast & inexpensive
Pros: I had an HP 6P for 10 years and needed to replace it. I checked out all the reviews and while I was biased towards HP, I decided to be open-minded. A friend had had their Samsung laser printer for 3 years and it worked great, so I included Samsung in wi
Cons: It is a little loud on warm-up, but then it quiets down nicely. The warm-up time can be a few seconds for the first copy, but who really cares? After the first copy, the printer just nails them one after another. I see no faults in this printer and wou
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
The envelope feed is not reliable
by GuyJr1136 on May 24, 2007
Pros: Good print quality; Reasonably economical
Cons: The envelope feed mechanism is not reliable.
Summary: The envelope feed broke about a week after I purchased the printer a couple years ago. It was under warranty so no problem. Almost exactly two years after purchase the ...
Summary: The envelope feed broke about a week after I purchased the printer a couple years ago. It was under warranty so no problem. Almost exactly two years after purchase the envelope feed broke again. The printer is not under heavy use, perhaps two envelopes and 50 pages a month.
The authorized service center charges $75 just to look at the printer with repairs going up from there. The next printer will not be a Samsung.
If reliability is an issue, look elsewhere.
Far too NOISEY!
by Monza101 on March 19, 2007
Pros: Decent print quality
Cons: Noise, noise, noise; back sticks out making it difficult to place
Summary: All you really need to know about this printer is that it is incredibly noisey - both on warm up, and when (and after) you print a page. The noise ...
Summary: All you really need to know about this printer is that it is incredibly noisey - both on warm up, and when (and after) you print a page. The noise continues for around 15 minutes each time and to say it is irritating really doesn't do its level of disturbance justice. I would never have bought this printer if I had known just how loud it is.
In its defence I have to say it prints okay - but then they pretty much all do today.
After my bad experience with the Samsung ML-2250 I bought a similarly priced HP printer for my office and its silent, which to me after the Samsung, really is bliss!
Unless you wear head phones while working at your computer, or work next to a building site and no longer care, do not buy this printer. It will drive you nuts!
Good overall printer
Pros: Very Fast, easy setup, good print quality
Cons: Must have X installed on Linux box to install drivers. Odor when first installed, but fades with time.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: ML-2250
- Description: With its attractive design, small footprint and unbeatable price, the powerful ML-2250 has been designed to change what a small office can expect from a printer. A high-resolution 1200x1200 dpi laser print engine delivers professional-quality text and graphics, while a 30,000-page monthly duty cycle and industry-recognized Samsung reliability combine to create a machine you never have to think about. Fast print speeds up to 22 ppm combine with fast USB 2.0 and IEEE-1284 parallel ports to make quick work of even the largest documents, thanks in part to a fast 166 MHz processor and 16 MB memory expandable to 144 MB. With a high-capacity 250-sheet cassette, 50-sheet multipurpose tray and optional 250-sheet cassette, the ML-2250 lets you print up to 550 pages without ever having to reload. A simple one-piece cartridge makes for quick toner changes. And an easy-to-read LCD and one-step paper jam recovery make for quick and easy troubleshooting that makes the whole office more productive. Samsung exclusive TonerSave mode increases toner yield by up to 40% with the touch of a button.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Printer Type Workgroup printer - Laser - Laser - Monochrome - Monochrome
- Print Speed up to 22 ppm
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Interface USB USB,
- Max Resolution ( B&W ) 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi 1200 dpi
- PostScript Support Optional
- Language Simulation PCL 6,
- Fonts Included 45 x Scalable,
1 x Bitmapped
- Processor Samsung 166 MHz
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 16 MB / 144 MB (max)
- Technology SDRAM
- Media Type Cards ,
- Max Media Size (Custom) 8.5 in x 14 in
- Media Sizes Statement (5.5 in x 8.5 in),
A6 (4.13 in x 5.83 in),
Executive (7.25 in x 10.5 in),
Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
A5 (5.83 in x 8.25 in),
A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in),
Folio (8.5 in x 13 in),
Letter A Size (8.5 in x 11 in),
JIS B5 (7.17 in x 10.12 in)
- Total Media Capacity 300 sheets
- Media Feeder(s) 1 x Autoload - 50 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
1 x Autoload - 250 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Max Media Capacity 550 sheets
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 30000 pages 30000 pages
- Modem None
- Networking None
- Type None
- Copier Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Bays None
- Expansion Slot(s) Expansion slot,
Memory - DIMM 100-pin
- Connections 1 x USB 2.0 - 4 pin USB Type B,
1 x Parallel - 36 pin Centronics
- Consumables Included 1 x Toner cartridge ( Black ) - up to 5000 pages
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Power Device Power supply - Internal
- Power Consumption Operational 350 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 15 Watt
- Type None
Software / System Requirements
- OS Required Slackware Linux ,
Debian Linux ,
Caldera OpenLinux ,
Red Hat Linux ,
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 ,
SuSe Linux ,
Microsoft Windows 2000 ,
Microsoft Windows XP ,
Linux Mandrake ,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition ,
Microsoft Windows 95/98
- Sound Emission (Idle) 39 dBA
- Sound Emission (Operating) 53 dBA
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 14.1 in
- Depth 17.8 in
- Height 10.9 in
- Weight 20.1 lbs