Apple Cinema Display (20-inch)
Manufacturer: Apple Part number: M9177LL/A
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/18/2014Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $689.54
- Reviewed by: Kristina Blachere and Kristina Blachere
- Edited by: Felisa Yang
- Reviewed on: 09/14/2004
- Released on: 06/28/2004
The good: Beautiful image quality; stunning design; PC-compatible; integrated USB and FireWire ports.
The bad: A bit pricey; limited adjustability options; no home entertainment video inputs.
The bottom line: The Apple 23-inch Cinema Display is low on extras and high on price. Still, one look at this gorgeous LCD, and you'll kiss your practicality good-bye.
Pros: This is the 3rd most beautiful monior i've ever seen (after the 23 and the 30"). It's brightness, build quality, style, resolution is just about perfect. My new monitor is fantastic for photoshop, word processing, spreadsheets...everything except gaming
Cons: It's gonna cost you about 100 bucks more to get this apple display over some others (i.e. Dell).
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
Pros: Brightness of this screen is off the charts. Blows my 19" Planar away. Just a beautiful screen corner to corner. Looks perfect next to my 17" powerbook. Colors are best I've seen in an LCD. DVI connection finally.
Cons: Just the price. Cheesy 1 year warranty. Only had it 2 weeks- I hope it's reliable.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
by 199657710366057339589467585945 on April 1, 2005
Pros: beautiful colors, very brght, amazing design, no dead pixels
Cons: makes my powerbook's screen look dim!
Summary: I just bought this amazing monitor today and I couldn't be more satisfied with it. Half-Life 2 has never looked more real! It really looks like the screen is ...
Summary: I just bought this amazing monitor today and I couldn't be more satisfied with it. Half-Life 2 has never looked more real! It really looks like the screen is just levitating in thin air, which is awesome. That is because the only part of the stand that is visible is the base, which just looks like a random slab of alumninum sitting on my desk. Sure it was expensive, but if you can afford it, it is worth every penny!!
1 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Perfect Widescreen Display
by Josephacote on August 9, 2005
Pros: Huge screen, slim bezel, beautiful display of colors, single cable to display is a great idea, very bright
Cons: My 17'' PowerBook looks a little dim next to this gorgeous screen
Summary: I use apps that require a lot of space on a day to day basis, (i.e. Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, flash, etc...) so this display ...
Summary: I use apps that require a lot of space on a day to day basis, (i.e. Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, flash, etc...) so this display is perfect for letting me spread out my work and have plenty of extra room to multitask. It's perfect for kicking back and watching a movie in full widescreen too. It's very easy to set up and use.
My only "con" (which is really a plus) is that it's soo bright that it makes my 17'' PowerBook look dim.
It has absolutely no dead pixels. All around amazing piece of work. Apple has done, but once again, an amazing job with this display.
by pbuch on June 22, 2005
Pros: Amazing Image
Cons: 2 much cable
Summary: VERY GOOD MONITOR
Summary: VERY GOOD MONITOR
Beautiful elegant display
Pros: Great. Sleek, beautiful design. Nice alluminum exterior. Even better performance. Brilliant color and display. Great quality. A bang for your buck!
Cons: Expensive. Not very adjustable.
Pros: High definition beautiful monitor. Terrific resolution. With MAC many adjustments all on keyboard. Well worth the money. An "eyesaver." Not overwhelming on desk. Great design.
Cons: Probably price. If you're a student or faculty member you can get a discount. Went for this one over 23" because hundreds cheaper & plenty big enough,
Spectacular even on PC
Pros: It's high definition= crystal clear picture Its elegantly durable- all aluminum fram and bezzle. The controls are like the 3G IPods, touch sensitive...for brightness and power...so simple. I've used PC's my whole life...after getting an IPOD and now this
Cons: None so far
Big Image, Small Package
Pros: Thin Aluminum Bezel. Great color quality and range. Bright and clear for text as well as graphics. Firewire hub makes desktop scanners easier to position.
Cons: Fixed highth pivot base will lead to 'booking' (putting the monitor up on a harcover book or ugly old box.) Monitor too thin to place Qee colection on. (www.qeester.com)
Where a diaper when using!
Pros: This display combines both the simplicity and beauty of an ipod in this amazing package. I saved a benjamin by telling them my former Undergrad. They were really cool up there about the student discount. For 900 bucks this monitor is going to rock for
Cons: I couldn't afford the 30"!
0 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Apple
- Part number: M9177LL/A
- Description: The 20-inch Apple Cinema Display is a truly professional display for the Power Mac or PowerBook that measures up to the most color-critical work. With its 1680 x 1050 pixel resolution, this flat-panel, LCD is an ideal alternative to bulky CRT displays. Its widescreen format makes this a perfect display for creative professionals. With room for viewing two full pages of graphics and text simultaneously, you can forget about wasting time scrolling through a document or toggling between windows. And you'll have plenty of room for tear-off menus, palettes, and toolbars. Offering accurate, brilliant color performance, the Cinema delivers up to 16.7 million colors across a wide gamut allowing you to see subtle nuances between colors from soft pastels to rich jewel tones. A wide viewing angle ensures uniform color from edge to edge. Apple's ColorSync technology allows you to create custom profiles to maintain consistent color onscreen and in print. The result: You can confidently use this display in all your color-critical applications. Housed in an aluminum design, the display has a very thin bezel that enhances visual accuracy. The display features two FireWire 400 ports and two USB 2.0 ports, making attachment of desktop peripherals, such as iSight, iPod, digital and still cameras, hard drives, printers and scanners, even more accessible and convenient. Taking advantage of the much thinner and lighter footprint of an LCD, the display supports the VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association) mounting interface standard. Customers with the optional Cinema Display VESA Mount Adapter kit gain the flexibility to mount their display in locations most appropriate for their work environment. The Cinema features a single cable design with elegant breakout for the USB 2.0, FireWire 400 and a pure digital connection using the industry standard Digital Video Interface (DVI) interface. The DVI connection allows for a direct pure-digital connection to Apple's latest aluminum Power Mac and PowerBook systems, as well as to Windows-based desktops
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Display Type LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 20 in
- Viewable Size 20 in
- Built-in Devices USB hub ,
- Aspect Ratio Widescreen - 16:10
- Native Resolution 1680 x 1050
- Pixel Pitch 0.258 mm
- Brightness 300 cd/m2
- Image Contrast Ratio 700:1
- Color Support 16.7 million colors
- Response Time 14 ms
- Horizontal Viewing Angle 178
- Vertical Viewing Angle 178
- Screen Coating Anti-glare ,
- Controls & Adjustments Tilt,
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 18.5 in x 6.9 in x 15.9 in
- Weight 14.6 lbs
- Type None
- Type None
- Interfaces 1 x Hi-Speed USB downstream - 4 pin USB Type B,
2 x Hi-Speed USB upstream - 4 pin USB Type A,
1 x DVI-I,
2 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - 6 pin FireWire
- Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately)
- Cables Included 1 x USB / IEEE 1394 / DVI cable
- Compliant Standards ICES-003 Class B,
VCCI Class B ITE,
AS/NZ 3548 Class B,
FCC Part 15 B,
EN55022 Class B,
CSA 22.2 No. 60950,
BSMI CNS 13438 Class B
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 65 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 3 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Included Software Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Apple MacOS X 10.2.8
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year,
Technical support - Phone consulting - 90 days
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 95 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
- Max Altitude Operating 9840 ft
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- EPEAT Compliant EPEAT Silver