Apple Cinema Display (23-inch)
Manufacturer: Apple Part number: M9178LL/A
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/10/2014Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $558.20
- Reviewed by: Kristina Blachere and Kristina Blachere
- Edited by: Felisa Yang
- Reviewed on: 09/14/2004
- Released on: 06/28/2004
The good: Beautiful image quality; stunning design; PC-compatible; integrated USB and FireWire ports.
The bad: A bit pricey; limited adjustability options; no home entertainment video inputs.
The bottom line: The Apple 23-inch Cinema Display is low on extras and high on price. Still, one look at this gorgeous LCD, and you'll kiss your practicality good-bye.
Your review is not fair
Pros: There is simply nothing like it in the market. Bright, gorgeous, sharp. It is expensive, but nothing else comes closer. The LCDs you mentioned in your review don't have the same specs at all. For instance, there is even a Dell LCD TV that is 26" and costs
Cons: Yes, it is expensive. When I received, I thought I would return because it costed so much and looked so big. But you quickly get addicted to. I can't return it now. It is just that wonderful! Great value for money, because you get a lot for what you pay.
Blows away the others
Pros: Check it out side-by-side next to the others: big names included, like Samsung, NEC, HP, BenQ, etc. You look at the Apple and it's in a whole different league of crispness and brightness. Specs be damned, the others aren't even on the same planet.
Cons: You gotta pay full price for this baby. However, it's no more expensive than the less-capable Sony 23", and actually hundreds less than Viewsonic.
Useless negative postings
Pros: Do people have nothing better to do than rate products they haven't seen and that aren't targeted for them? All the negative reviews called this overpriced, but none of them have even SEEN one. For the people who need a high quality display, this is a hug
Cons: I'm reluctant to make an investment of this much money without without a longer warranty or an extended service plan.
A dream display
Pros: Great colors, high resolution. PC compatible(DVI) and works well with games like (FarCry). Great for displaying DVD movies. Supports HDTV. No dead/faded pixels. Cheaper than Sony 23".
Cons: Some would say expensive but its cheaper than a lot of LCD TVs on the market and it also has a much better picture and resolution.
Pros: Great design. Stunning looks and great picture. Very clean look with little cable clutter. Passes Wife test (After one look at this display she forgave me for spending this much)!
Cons: Would have liked multiple video inputs (Dual DVI or Composite to hook up a HD Cable/Sat or DVD feed
This is the best display yet.
Pros: Bright screen, all around excellent view, extremely good for working with graphics. Personally I believe this is one of the best displays on the markey today. I had one for about 2 months now and I don't have any complaints.
Cons: Well, price. But once you get it you'll forget about that until the next bill arrives.
The perfect companion with a Power Mac G5!
Pros: HD, need I say more? Coupled with a few peripherals that let you watch HDTV on your Mac this screen is great! I can't wait till HD-DVD!
A few flaws, but a brilliant widescreen LCD...
Pros: Extremely bright at its highest setting, despite it having a lower spec than many 20"+ LCDs; aluminum casing and flawless design; HD widescreen panel; great viewing angle; integrated USB 2.0 and FireWire ports; pure DVI connection; lower dot pitch greatly
Cons: Some uneven backlighting, most obvious on all-black backgrounds; color saturation problems anywhere from 1" to 3" in from the left and right bezels (an issue currently being widely discussed on the Apple support forums); no height adjustment; picture adju
For a first time flat panel purchase, I made a doosey
Pros: The simple fact that this screen has a built in USB and firewire hub is incredible. The picture quality is absolutely fabulous. I am a graphic designer, and image quality comes first before looks or “space saving” and my images don’t skip a beat. I effe
Cons: Of course like everything apple, it is a little overpriced. When compared to a comparable Dell and Sony flat screens that are appox 2-3in smaller, the jump in price is almost $1000. If you can swing it, grab it though.
Best display I've ever owned
by TaddPeake on April 8, 2007
Pros: Spot on color, crisp and artifact-free HD definition
Cons: Can't think of any
Summary: It's been five days since unpacking this Apple 23" Cinema Display HD, and I am still in awe. The color, brilliance, sharpness and brightness is unparalleled. I bought it ...
Summary: It's been five days since unpacking this Apple 23" Cinema Display HD, and I am still in awe. The color, brilliance, sharpness and brightness is unparalleled. I bought it specifically for color matching for prepress; the color calibration is spot on right out of the box.
There is no need to mention how gorgeous the design is. It is easy to see why Apple didn't include articulated rotation adjustment; the base is so smooth it slides as thought it were felt-covered.
Another reviewer commented about fuzzy text. At maximum 1920X1200 resolution, even tiny text is as sharp and readable as on a printed page. Perhaps he wasn't using the right resolution or didn't have the proper video card to support the display.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Apple
- Part number: M9178LL/A
- Description: Apple Cinema HD Display is a 23-inch (viewable) TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display that supports an astonishing 1920-by-1200-pixel resolution. The word "huge" doesn't begin to cover it. Attach the new Apple Cinema HD Display to your Power Mac G4, and you're looking at over 2.3 million digital pixels - more than enough to display high-definition content in its native format, with acres of screen real estate to spare (and yet it takes up very little space on your desk, thanks to its small footprint). Its widescreen format and high resolution make the Apple Cinema HD Display the must-have display for creative professionals. Forget about wasting time scrolling through documents or toggling between windows. Now you can have ample room for viewing two full pages of text and graphics side by side, with lots of room for tear-off menus, palettes and toolbars, too. Video and digital images are stunning. The 16.7 million colors are vivid and true-to-life, and text is sharp and a joy to read. What's more, a wide viewing angle ensures uniform color from edge to edge, and Apple's ColorSync technology enables you to create custom profiles to maintain consistent color onscreen and in print. You can confidently use this eye-popping display in your color-critical applications. And when you do, you may find yourself wondering how you ever got along without it. Because whether you're a digital video pro using Final Cut Pro on a Power Mac G4 to edit and author video content in HD resolution or a graphic designer pushing the state of the art beyond its known limits, this is the display for you. The Apple Cinema HD Display gives you flicker-free images with twice the brightness, twice the sharpness, and twice the contrast ratio of the typical CRT display. And unlike other flat panel displays, it's designed with a pure digital interface to deliver distortion-free images that never need adjusting. The Apple Cinema HD Display is just the ticket for 3D modeling, and for graphics-intensive visualization tasks on the outer reaches of science and engineering. And the Apple Cinema HD Display is a great research partner in yet another sense as well: it emits near-zero electromagnetic output, minimizing the kind of interference with sensitive scientific equipment that can skew readings or results.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Display Type LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 23 in
- Viewable Size 23 in
- Built-in Devices USB hub ,
- Aspect Ratio Widescreen - 16:10
- Native Resolution 1920 x 1200
- Pixel Pitch 0.258 mm
- Brightness 400 cd/m2
- Image Contrast Ratio 700:1
- Color Support 16.7 million colors
- Response Time 14 ms
- Horizontal Viewing Angle 178
- Vertical Viewing Angle 178
- Screen Coating Anti-glare ,
- Controls & Adjustments Tilt,
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 21.1 in x 7.4 in x 17.7 in
- Weight 15.4 lbs
- Type None
- Type None
- Interfaces 2 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire) - 6 pin FireWire,
1 x Hi-Speed USB upstream - 4 pin USB Type B,
2 x Hi-Speed USB downstream - 4 pin USB Type A,
1 x DVI-I
- Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately)
- Cables Included 1 x USB / IEEE 1394 / DVI cable
- Compliant Standards ICES-003 Class B,
VCCI Class B ITE,
AS/NZ 3548 Class B,
FCC Part 15 B,
EN55022 Class B,
CSA 22.2 No. 60950,
BSMI CNS 13438 Class B
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 90 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 3 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Included Software Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Apple MacOS X 10.2.8
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year,
Technical support - Phone consulting - 90 days
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 95 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
- Max Altitude Operating 9840 ft
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- EPEAT Compliant EPEAT Silver