Manufacturer: Asus Part number: 90LM8111150104UL
- Rebate amount: $20
Exp. date: 1/31/2013
$20 Prepaid American Express card by mail!
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 06/18/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $300.50
- Reviewed by: Eric Franklin
- Edited by: Kent German
- Reviewed on: 07/01/2009
The good: The Asus VH236H has great movie and game performance, built-in speakers, and a headphone jack.
The bad: Navigating the Asus VH236H's OSD can be confusing and frustrating, and the display lacks ergonomic options.
The bottom line: The Asus VH236H is a great-performing 23-incher with a welcome low price.
A terrific, 1080p display for a low price
by ShroudedWolf51 on November 19, 2011
Pros: I picked up this panel for only $168 via Amazon...for the price
-The screen is bright and crisp
-VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs
-Very fast response time (2ms)
-simple, no BS design
-simple speakers built into monitor
Cons: -As the CNET review said, the menus are very frustrating to use
-The first unit came in with a stuck pixel
Summary: This was a HUGE upgrade from me from the ancient Hyundai L70N panel that I've been using for years...and honestly, there wasn't a whole lot to say ...
Summary: This was a HUGE upgrade from me from the ancient Hyundai L70N panel that I've been using for years...and honestly, there wasn't a whole lot to say about it.
The inputs worked fine. I have my desktop, laptop, and 360 hooked up to it, and everything seems to be running without problems.
The speakers weren't anything spectacular, but do a good enough job for when I'm not gaming (I prefer a headset for when I am).
My only real complaint (as I don't plan to use the built-in color calibration) was that the first model I had shipped to be had a stuck pixel (and the reviews that I had read noted that it was a fairly common occurence)...but I sent it back, got a new model, and everything seems to be running perfectly.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Turned shades of green in about 1 year.
by chazjazz on May 25, 2013
Pros: Looks good and the display is good. Didn't look unbelievable or anything like that. I would say it was good, not great.
Cons: Speaker isn't good.
Summary: I wouldn't say its totally bad. Like I said I did leave it on at times throughout the night. But I have done this regularly with all my monitors. ...
Summary: I wouldn't say its totally bad. Like I said I did leave it on at times throughout the night. But I have done this regularly with all my monitors. For the price I think you can do better. But don't buy it if you like the fact that it has speakers.
- Manufacturer: Asus
- Part number: 90LM8111150104UL
- Description: ASCR (ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio) technology automatically adjusts the luminance of the backlight for better displays according to the image contents, and improves the contrast ratio to 20000:1 - resulting in more realistic depictions of night scenes during games or movies. Trace Free technology delivers 2ms quick response time for smooth video display and gaming without ghosting. Aspect control function allows users to select a preferred display mode among Full and 4:3 for true-to-life Full HD 1080p gaming or movie watching without any data loss or image distortion. Splendid Video Intelligence technology adopts a color engine to detect activation and usage of video applications and automatically optimizes image quality with intelligent color, brightness, contrast and sharpness corrections for the best visual results. The Splendid offers 5 video modes designed for scenery, theater, gaming, night view, and standard images, 3 skin tones of yellowish, natural and reddish to add a human touch to videos on PC. You can see optimized images on screen and select five modes via hotkey quickly at your will. The exclusive Splendid Video Intelligence technology from ASUS optimizes overall display for the best results in image preview, movie playback and gaming.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Display Type LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 23 in
- Built-in Devices Stereo speakers
- Aspect Ratio Widescreen - 16:9
- Native Resolution 1080p 1920 x 1080
- Pixel Pitch 0.266 mm
- Brightness 300 cd/m2
- Image Contrast Ratio 20000:1 (dynamic)
- Color Support 16.7 million colors
- Response Time 2 ms
- Vertical Refresh Rate 75 Hz
- Horizontal Refresh Rate 83 kHz
- Horizontal Viewing Angle 160
- Vertical Viewing Angle 160
- Controls & Adjustments Color temperature,
- Features HDCP,
Trace Free Technology,
ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR),
ASUS Splendid Video Intelligence Technology,
ASUS Splendid Video Preset Mode
- Color Black
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 21.6 in x 8.7 in x 16.1 in
- Weight 12.1 lbs
- Type speaker(s) - Stereo - Integrated
- Output Power / Channel 2 Watt
- Type None
- Interfaces VGA,
- Display Position Adjustments Tilt
- Tilt Angle 25
- Flat Panel Mount Interface 100 x 100 mm
- Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately),
- Cables Included 1 x VGA cable,
1 x DVI cable,
1 x Audio cable
- Compliant Standards C-Tick,
- Power Consumption Operational 55 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 1 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Included Software Drivers & Utilities
- Service & Support 3 years warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 3 years,
Limited warranty - LCD panel - 3 years
- CNET Labs: Operational power consumption 39.58 Watt
- CNET Labs: Calibrated power consumption 32.06 Watt
- CNET Labs: Max brightness power consumption calibrated 40.95 Watt
- CNET Labs: Min brightness power consumption 23.06 Watt
- CNET Labs: Power consumption Stand by / Sleep 2.7 Watt
- CNET Labs: Estimated Annual Energy Cost 11.64 US Dollars
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes