Manufacturer: Dell, Inc. Part number: 1901FP
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/23/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $228.63
- Reviewed by: Mick Lockey
- Reviewed on: 08/26/2003
- Released on: 06/24/2003
The good: Inexpensive; very adjustable; nice design; strong color quality; five USB 2.0 ports.
The bad: Text suffers from pixel fusion; grayscale shows greenish tint.
The bottom line: Dell's 1901FP is elegantly designed, highly adjustable, and affordably priced. Only those who need superprecise image quality should look elsewhere.
Beautiful design, but need faster response time.
Pros: I picked this up to save some space and get rid of my 75lb. Dell 1110p 21" CRT. The form factor of the 1901FP is gorgeous. The best i've ever seen. You'll love the aesthetics of this one. Build quality is not flimsy and very solid. The picture color is
Cons: Response time. Response time. I am a heavy gamer so this was important to me. I have tried the 17" LCD from Hitachi that boasts a 16ms response time. But that screen was more tall than wide and the picture was not clean. The 1901FP suffers from minor ghos
10 out of 10 users found this user opinion helpful.
I've been using it non-stop for10 years - works great!
by Matno on May 28, 2011
Pros: Great picture quality. Never noticed any problems when gaming (COD, MOH, Quake, etc). Picture is clearer and smoother than newer monitors I've bought since then. Great contrast, great color. Love the built in USB hub and use it ALL the time. Excellent adj
Cons: Had a couple of half dead pixels from the start. Completely forgot about them after a couple of months and haven't noticed them since. Expensive. I paid almost $600 for this new! (Hard to believe how much prices have come down. That price made it even mor
Summary: Hard to complain much about it. I've loved and used it for years. I think the text is much smoother than two newer, higher resolution monitors I've bought ...
Summary: Hard to complain much about it. I've loved and used it for years. I think the text is much smoother than two newer, higher resolution monitors I've bought since then. Just replaced it with a 24" Dell monitor, but couldn't sell the 1901FP, so I've decided to go with a dual monitor setup!
elegant practical flexible design
Pros: Thinest bezel re picture area, excellent brightness, above average contrast, easy flip between horizontal and vertical positions, and multiple USB2 sockets
Cons: Blurring of small text, mentioned by editor, leads to effective loss of contrast with "some" small fonts. As of this date (11/04), there many more competitors at lower prices so my rating score may be outdated.
Very Crisp Display
Pros: Very clean crisp display. Even as I increased the refresh rate and increased the resolution.
Cons: 2 USB ports on left side of screen did not come configured out of the box. I guess they need some updated driver.
Cannot get DVI input to work
Pros: Great features and superb presentation. Pricey but affordable. Great Analog display capability.
Cons: I cannot get the Digital input to work using a Belkin DVI cable. Maybe it is not compatible with the Belkin line.
infinite viewing angles, many options
Pros: Color is nice, menu has many options, DVI connection. 180deg viewing angle. image like best CRT, not blurry. DVD Finging Memo was a nice example of this screen capability, True 32 bit colors or close, and no gosting.
Cons: None ! only on small font on a speedsheet some melting.
Great flat panel monitor
Pros: clear, bright, 19" display; built-in in 4 port USB hub
Cons: expected it to a little cooler than it does, but it's not bad
Best Value FP
Pros: Perfect colors, bright picture, easy set up, versatile, wide viewing angle...and the price is excellent.
Cons: Response time isn't quite fast enough to avoid being noticeable onse in a while. If you're paranoid about repsponse time, look elsewhere...but be prepared to drop a LOT of money.
Incredible value; a no-brainer"
Pros: This is an incredible monitor. It has everything the average user would need, and frankly I can't imagine anyone needing more. It is very bright, very clear, and the color is excellent. Also, the display is consistent from the top to the bottom in renderi
Cons: not event a single word (Phe cai mot).
Not really 25 ms
Pros: Really good color, crisp image, 4 usb hub, VERY adjustable.
Cons: The specs state that this is a 25 ms monitor, but I see a 4-pixel long trail whenever something darker than about 50% gray moves against something else of the same intensity. It is very distracting when scrolling through web pages or dragging around wind
- Manufacturer: Dell, Inc.
- Part number: 1901FP
- Description: The Dell UltraSharp 1901FP Flat Panel Monitor redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish new Dell industrial design, advanced functionality and the best in LCD panel technology. Whether for corporate or home use, the UltraSharp 1901FP maximizes the viewing experience with ultra-thin bezels and panels that swivel, tilt and pivot to satisfy the most demanding of users. Simple yet efficient on-screen controls enable users to customize to their needs. It utilizes an Active Matrix TFT LCD that displays sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics with a maximum resolution up to 1280x1024 pixels. Delivering distortion free images with a fast 25 ms response time and rich powerful colors with 600: 1 contrast ratio, this monitor is ideal for usage in a variety of environments from trading floors to graphic design and healthcare. With 5.1 inches (130 mm) of height adjustment, users can adjust the display to their exact comfort level for reducing eye and neck strain. The panel can rotate 90 degrees into portrait mode for an added viewing experience. With four USB 2.0 ports, 2 located on the side of the display, the 1901FP brings greater flexibility and usability to the desktop.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Display Type LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 19 in
- Viewable Size 19 in
- Built-in Devices USB hub
- Aspect Ratio 5:4
- Native Resolution 1280 x 1024 at 75 Hz
- Pixel Pitch 0.294 mm
- Brightness 250 cd/m2
- Image Contrast Ratio 600:1
- Response Time 25 ms
- Vertical Refresh Rate 76 Hz
- Horizontal Refresh Rate 80 kHz
- Horizontal Viewing Angle +85 / -85
- Vertical Viewing Angle +85 / -85
- Screen Coating Anti-glare ,
- Controls & Adjustments Clock,
- OSD Languages Japanese,
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 16.3 in x 9.1 in x 16.7 in
- Weight 16.3 lbs
- Type None
- Type None
- Interfaces 4 x Hi-Speed USB downstream - 4 pin USB Type A,
1 x Hi-Speed USB upstream - 4 pin USB Type B,
1 x DVI-D - 24 pin digital DVI,
1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15),
1 x Hi-Speed USB upstream - 4 pin USB Type A ( On supplied cable )
- Connections 1 x Video - Video,
- Display Position Adjustments Pivot (rotation)
- Cables Included 1 x VGA cable,
1 x DVI cable,
1 x USB cable
- Compliant Standards FCC Class B certified,
Plug and Play,
VCCI Class B ITE,
- Power Supply Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 55 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 3 Watt
- Min Operating Temperature 41 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 95 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 80%
- Max Altitude Operating 12140 ft
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes