Dell UltraSharp 1703FP
Manufacturer: Dell, Inc. Part number: 2Y311
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/19/2014Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $195.93
- Reviewed by: Dan Littman
- Reviewed on: 08/07/2003
- Released on: 06/24/2003
The good: Fully adjustable; good image quality; inexpensive; four USB ports.
The bad: No pivot software.
The bottom line: Dell's 1703FP offers a decent-size, quality LCD screen that pivots for a midrange price.
How good are your eyes?
Pros: Nice size, easily set up and has option to do screen swivel. Reasonably priced.
Cons: Have to agree with other user. Only resoluton where it doesn't appear fuzzy is in 1280 x 1024 and boy is that small. Hard on the eyes for me. After an hour I'm done - everything starts to look blurred. Too small a resolution for most viewers I would say.
4 out of 4 users found this user opinion helpful.
by lwos on March 24, 2005
Pros: Bright, Sharp, Clear & Vibrant Color
Cons: Nothing yet I can find
Summary: The unit I have is the 1704FP (same as the 1703 FP) I find it's bright, very sharp, clear text and produces vibrant color. I dont know why others ...
Summary: The unit I have is the 1704FP (same as the 1703 FP) I find it's bright, very sharp, clear text and produces vibrant color. I dont know why others downgrade this monitor... it has 6 way adjustments...up down, tilt and turn. Base design makes this very stable. Unit has 8 types of adjustments...from Brightness to Audio.
Speaking of Audio, I love the fact you can opt for the Sound Bar, that can be attached to the bottom of the monitor. Directs sound right to you, in stereo, and leaves your desktop free from clutter and less wires.
It's also VGA/DVI.
I have no complaints. Actually, this LCD screen rivals my old CRT.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
These people don't get it
Pros: Great monitor at native resolution (1280x1024). I've read all the negative reviews. Everyone claims it looks bad at any other resolution. Duh! This is a LCD Flat Panel, it is designed only to work at one resoultion. All LCD monitors are like this. If you
Cons: Dell Support (or lack of). If you need to call Dell support, prepare yourself to for a hold time of 45 minutes, then get someone who doesn't speak English. Very bad!
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Bad for type.
Pros: Nice picture.
Cons: Fuzzy type. Dell will not reply to my requests for explanation. Am relieved to read that it is not just me having this problem! The only thing I could get from Dell was that it was a 'perception problem'. YES!Obviously they know they can't make it better
1 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
by Zbob750 on August 22, 2009
Pros: Great Screen Resolution, Height adjustable stand,Good Backlight, No Problems Ever (with mine)!
Cons: None so far
Summary: This is a great monitor and in my opinion worth the price. I've never had a problem with it. It has a great resolution and the stand may be ...
Summary: This is a great monitor and in my opinion worth the price. I've never had a problem with it. It has a great resolution and the stand may be a little heavy but, mine is not falling over with that stand on it! I Highly Reccomend !
Very, very nice monitor.
by valpal on August 5, 2005
Pros: Attractive, reassonably sized and clear, sharp picture quality.
Cons: Can't say that I have any.
Summary: I really like this monitor. This monitor gives me a clear, sharp picture quality that I find to be quite wonderful. I love the functionality, I mean 4 extra usb ...
Summary: I really like this monitor. This monitor gives me a clear, sharp picture quality that I find to be quite wonderful. I love the functionality, I mean 4 extra usb ports. That can make life quite easier for me when using usb type pc equipment. All in all, I would highly recommend this monitor to anyone.
Poor text image quality
Cons: Text shows significant fading and shadowing in a number of fonts. Over all text utility is poor.
Good sharp monitor
Pros: Perhaps the writers of the other reviews here should learn a bit more about the technology they purchase before they offer a review. It is now nearly common knowledge that lcd monitors should be used at thier native resolution. Also, if these users don'
Feature Rich-Most Accurate Color!
Pros: Im a web designer and I build with CRT monitors because they are hands down the most accurate in color representation. Recently I bought this Dell 1703fp and not only was I VERY IMPRESSED with the well thought out features (landscape and "pageview" rotat
Cons: Yes I have to agree Dell support is tough to reach (I own a laptop), but no problems with this monitor out of the box!
This isn't the place to complain about LCD's!!
Pros: (In reference to another review) Everyone knows that LCD's look like crap at any other resolution than native. That's no reason to bash this very nice monitor. Very unfair.
- Manufacturer: Dell, Inc.
- Part number: 2Y311
- Description: The Dell UltraSharp 1703FP is a 17" flat panel color monitor designed to accommodate a wide variety of users ranging from home and small offices to large corporate environments. Utilizing an Active Matrix TFT LCD, the monitor displays sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics with a maximum resolution up to 1280x1024 pixels. Its higher contrast ratio generates sharper, crisper lines and images. This monitor has a wider viewing angle, which allows you to view the screen from various positions without compromising image quality. The fast response time provides superior clarity for moving images with 'no ghosting' - so you enjoy running games and full motion video. Its premium brightness allows for brilliant images with blacker blacks and richer colors. The slim bezel design of the monitor saves valuable work space. The height-adjustable stand (up to 5.1 inches) allows users to set the monitor to their own comfort level. Four USB 2.0 ports - two on the side and two behind the display - give users convenient access points to plug in devices such as keyboards, digital cameras, secondary hard drives and printers. Using a DVI graphics card with a DVI flat panel provides a seamless digital connection - the signal doesn't have to be converted from digital to analog then back to digital again. Those who require exceptional quality and reliability at an affordable price will appreciate the value that the Dell UltraSharp 1703FP provides.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Display Type LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 17 in
- Viewable Size 17 in
- Built-in Devices USB hub
- Aspect Ratio 5:4
- Native Resolution 1280 x 1024 at 75 Hz
- Pixel Pitch 0.264 mm
- Brightness 250 cd/m2
- Image Contrast Ratio 600:1
- Vertical Refresh Rate 76 Hz
- Horizontal Refresh Rate 80 kHz
- Horizontal Viewing Angle +85 / -85
- Vertical Viewing Angle +85 / -85
- Screen Coating Hard coating
- Controls & Adjustments Color balance,
- OSD Languages Japanese,
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 14.8 in x 8.4 in x 15 in
- Weight 15.4 lbs
- Type None
- Type None
- Interfaces 1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15),
1 x DVI-D - 24 pin digital DVI,
1 x USB upstream,
4 x USB downstream
- Connections 1,
- Compliant Standards Plug and Play,
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 55 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 3 Watt
- Min Operating Temperature 41 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 95 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 80%
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes