Manufacturer: Gateway Part number: FPD1960
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/23/2014Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $114.34
- Reviewed by: Dan Littman
- Edited by: Lara Luepke
- Reviewed on: 07/14/2005
- Released on: 04/28/2005
The good: Features both analog and digital inputs; small footprint; easy-to-navigate onscreen menu.
The bad: Height and horizontal angle are not adjustable; mediocre contrast and brightness; ghosting during DVD playback; inadequate warranty; no pivoting software.
The bottom line: Adequate for general productivity use, the Gateway FPD1960 comes up short next to 19-inch LCDs that offer more features and better image quality.
Good for gaming and basic productivity
by uncledavid218 on December 29, 2005
Pros: No obvious ghosting, looks good, big and bright
Cons: One dead pixel
Summary: I don't understand why CNET gave this monitor an average rating. I have a $2000 gaming machine that I built myself, but used a 17" CRT for the longest ...
Summary: I don't understand why CNET gave this monitor an average rating. I have a $2000 gaming machine that I built myself, but used a 17" CRT for the longest time. When my parents bought themselves a new dual-core Gateway, this monitor was included with the bundle. They already had an LG Slimline. Needless to say, I took this for nothing and it's very good. I was skeptical about the 16ms response time, but even if you look closely ghosting isn't a problem. Very good, only con is 1 dead pixel, but out of 1.3 million, thats not too bad.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great for the money, but too bright for nighttime use.
by z76qu2ea on March 25, 2006
Pros: Very nice for the price (under $300)
Cons: Too bright for nighttime use, and has a slight artefact.
Summary: This monitor fit my needs and budget almost exactly, but when I set it up, I realized it was just too bright for my bedroom. The OSD settings do not ...
Summary: This monitor fit my needs and budget almost exactly, but when I set it up, I realized it was just too bright for my bedroom. The OSD settings do not permit me to turn down the brightness as far as I would like. There was hardly any documentation. No drivers, either.
Great Monitor for the money
by royuncg on December 30, 2005
Pros: Reasonable price, Easy controls, great image w/ DVI
Cons: DVI cable not included, setting buttons on the side
Summary: This is a great monitor for the price, the image quality is great when used w/ a DVI cable and it's native resolution (1280x1024). For those who complain about ...
Summary: This is a great monitor for the price, the image quality is great when used w/ a DVI cable and it's native resolution (1280x1024). For those who complain about image quality, try this, Set it at the correct resolution, you will be amazed. Works great w/ games, Madden 06, Battlefield 2, Age of Empires 3.
For the Buck Very Good
by jnester74 on October 27, 2005
Pros: Look And DVI
Cons: No Speakers
Summary: I got this monitor for 315 at circuit city. Compared to others in this price range and size. I feel it was a great buy. The picture quality is very ...
Summary: I got this monitor for 315 at circuit city. Compared to others in this price range and size. I feel it was a great buy. The picture quality is very nice as well.
First LCD monitor
by dizmz6000 on September 2, 2005
Pros: Nice color, doesnt have ghosting in movies
Cons: At some resolution the letters are a little fuzzy
Summary: Great for web surfing and also well with movies.
Summary: Great for web surfing and also well with movies.
by Docto878 on June 23, 2005
Pros: Large screen fits in a small space
Cons: I have no problems.
Summary: I wanted a larger screen for gaming. My problem was a limited space. This fit the bill for me. I know a lot of people say that CRT's are ...
Summary: I wanted a larger screen for gaming. My problem was a limited space. This fit the bill for me. I know a lot of people say that CRT's are better for gaming but I must say that the games look great on this screen. I am playing HL2 and it looks amazing.
- Manufacturer: Gateway
- Part number: FPD1960
- Description: With its pure digital DVI-D connection (requires a graphics adapter with DVI connector and DVI cable), this 19" flat-panel TFT display delivers ultra-crisp, clear picture quality in a sleek, space-saving design that fits almost anywhere. Boasting a 1280 x 1024 maximum resolution and a fast response time, the FPD1960 is designed for media-intensive applications at home and in the office - from video and gaming to 3D and motion graphics. Wide viewing angles capture the entire image, whether you're watching a DVD, doing a big presentation or just working in a spreadsheet. Plus, high brightness levels ensure a rich, brilliant picture every time. LCD displays have many advantages over traditional CRT displays, like the fact that they consume far less power. And because there's no screen flicker with LCDs, you experience far less eyestrain. The FPD1960 occupies up to 65% less desk space than a conventional CRT display.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Display Type LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 19 in
- Viewable Size 19 in
- Aspect Ratio 5:4
- Native Resolution 1280 x 1024
- Pixel Pitch 0.294 mm
- Brightness 250 cd/m2
- Image Contrast Ratio 450:1
- Color Support 16.2 million colors
- Horizontal Viewing Angle 140
- Vertical Viewing Angle 135
- Screen Coating Anti-glare
- OSD Languages Japanese,
- Features EzMenu
- Image Color Disclaimer The image of the product displayed may be of a different color
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 16.8 in x 7.3 in x 16.7 in
- Weight 10.4 lbs
- Interfaces 1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15),
1 x DVI-D - 24 pin digital DVI
- Display Position Adjustments Tilt
- Flat Panel Mount Interface 100 x 100 mm
- Compliant Standards FCC Class B certified,
- Power Supply Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 48 Watt
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 2 Watt
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes