Manufacturer: HP Part number: EF227A4
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/07/2013
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 12/07/2013Refurbished
CNET editors' review
price range: $110.00 - $229.12
- Reviewed by: Jeffrey Fuchs
- Edited by: Lara Luepke
- Reviewed on: 01/04/2006
- Released on: 01/01/2006
The good: Good image quality; highly adjustable; four extra USB 2.0 ports; calibration and asset management software included.
The bad: Some adjustments are difficult to make smoothly; colors and grays show greenish tints.
The bottom line: The HP LP2065 is viable for business, corporate-office, or no-nonsense home use, but similar LCDs are available for less.
A Home-Run Office Display; Great Text!
by Toilerofthesea on March 16, 2006
Pros: Super-sharp text, slim design, 4 separate DVI/A cables incld.
Cons: Hidden plastic tabs make chord management hard to use.
Summary: Would you buy a Lexus and then complain that it doesn't have an adequate bed for carrying yard debris? Of course you wouldn't. It's a Lexus, not ...
Summary: Would you buy a Lexus and then complain that it doesn't have an adequate bed for carrying yard debris? Of course you wouldn't. It's a Lexus, not a dump truck. That said, you need to understand why (I think) HP came out with this particular, standard 4:3 monitor.
Pay attention, all you future reviewers: This monitor is not a widescreen home theater wannabe for a good reason. It is meant to be an office monitor (whether for home office or work), and it fulfills that role better than any TFT monitor I have ever seen.
The text is so, so clean. Whether tiny, thin courier or bloated arial in zoom mode, the edges of the text are amazingly sharp, at least much sharper than any other monitor I've ever seen (notice the dot pitch at .255). Also, the bold blacks on my monitor are almost the color of an off-set print black. That's amazing for a TFT monitor! Also, unlike my Dell 2405, the brightness on this monitor can be adjusted remarkably well to a paper-colored white that is easier on the eyes, yet still clear and easy to read. Because it's 4:3, it has much more height for reading full pages than a 20-inch widescreen would have, and unlike my enormous Dell 2405, it is not so huge that it consumes my entire desk. I am still able to place my paper tray at a good reading height beside my monitor. Perfect.
I don't work for HP, but I'm quite certain when I say that HP knew what they were doing when they put together these specs. Finally someone came out with a monitor that, instead of chasing after the DVD/Doom crowd, is meant to please the many thousands of office workers, writers, editors, and anyone else who has to stare at thousands of tiny black letters all day long. I love my Dell 2405 for watching DVDs and playing games, and I love my new HP LP2605 for doing what the Dell doesn't do: Text!
And then...HP throws in four -- that's right, four! -- DVI chords. Two are standard DVI-DVI and two are DVI-Analog. The only minor quibble I have is that there are two small plastic tabs buried inside the chord management system, and they make it all but impossible to get the big power and DVI chords into the slot. But it can be done, and at least they did provide a chord management system. Lastly, I'll end by saying that this monitor is not just good at text; the colors are bright and seem true, and web videos and movie clips play very well. I love it!
7 out of 7 users found this user opinion helpful.
The best 20.1" monitor
by beldim000 on October 31, 2007
Pros: Excellent picture; Sharp text for all sizes; solid non-shaking pedestal; good postion adjustment; 2 video inputs; all cables and connectors supplied; USB hub; Smooth installation
Cons: None, I didn't find any for >7 months of ownership
Summary: Excellent picture! Most important aspect that distinguishes this monitor from others of the same size is it's perfect handling of text. All monitors will show you food pictures these ...
Summary: Excellent picture! Most important aspect that distinguishes this monitor from others of the same size is it's perfect handling of text. All monitors will show you food pictures these days, but with text, most of them will blur parts of letters in certain places. It may happen on different text sizes and is very annoying if you work with text a lot. With HP LP2056 any text you view is SHARP!! I love it! It's the best! Also consider this:
Overall excellent monitor at very good price!!! Especially for those of us who work on computer a lot.
I bought another one for my wife, after 3 days of using it. It was just too good. And she likes it as well.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
gr8 to use
by nisandhital on July 13, 2011
Pros: its square function is amazing
Cons: but its parts are rarely found.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: EF227A4
- Description: The Flat Panel Monitor LP2065 has an active matrix, thin-film transistor (TFT), Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). PRODUCT FEATURES: Large 20.1-inch (51 cm) viewable area display; 1600 × 1200 resolution, plus full-screen support for lower resolutions; Wide viewing angle to allow viewing from a sitting or standing position, or moving side-to-side; Pivot capability to rotate display to portrait mode; Tilt, swivel, and height adjustment capabilities; Removable stand with quick release mechanism and VESA 100mm mounting holes for flexible mounting solutions; Video inputs support DVI analog and digital signal inputs; Two DVI-I to VGA signal cables and two DVI-Digital signal cables included; USB 2.0 hub with one upstream (connects to the computer) and four downstream (connects to USB devices) ports; Energy saver feature to meet requirements for reduced power consumption.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Display Type LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 20.1 in
- Viewable Size 20.1 in
- Built-in Devices USB hub
- Aspect Ratio 4:3
- Native Resolution 1600 x 1200 at 75 Hz
- Pixel Pitch 0.255 mm
- Brightness 300 cd/m2
- Image Contrast Ratio 800:1
- Color Support 16.7 million colors
- Response Time 8 ms
- Vertical Refresh Rate 85 Hz
- Horizontal Refresh Rate 94 kHz
- Video Bandwidth 202 MHz
- Horizontal Viewing Angle 178
- Vertical Viewing Angle 178
- Screen Coating Anti-glare ,
- Color Temperature 6500K
- Controls & Adjustments Input select,
Input select , Power on/off,
- On-Screen Controls Brightness,
Color temperature selection,
- OSD Languages Japanese,
- Color Silver
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 17.4 in x 8.7 in x 16.7 in
- Weight 20.3 lbs
- Interfaces 2 x DVI-I - 29 pin combined DVI,
1 x Hi-Speed USB upstream - 4 pin USB Type B,
4 x Hi-Speed USB downstream - 4 pin USB Type A
- Display Position Adjustments Pivot (rotation),
- Flat Panel Mount Interface 100 x 100 mm
- Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately)
- Cables Included 2 x DVI-VGA cable - VGA to DVI-I - 6 ft,
2 x DVI cable - DVI-D to DVI-I - 6 ft
- Backlight Life 45,000 hour(s)
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Compliant Standards PC 99,
Plug and Play,
- Power Supply Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 55 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Included Software Pivot Pro,
Drivers & Utilities
- Service & Support 3 years warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 3 years - On-site
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 95 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- EPEAT Compliant EPEAT Silver