Manufacturer: ViewSonic Part number: VX2250WM-LED
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 4.0 stars out of 5 reviews
- ViewSonic's VX2250wm-LED features an environmentally friendly mercury free LED backlight, 22" widescreen monitor with up to 40% energy saving compared to a regular 22" monitor. It offers Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, 5ms response time, 10,000,000:1 MEGA dynamic contrast ratio, digital and analog inputs and integrated stereo speakers. Ideal for both home and office with ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || See Site |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/11/2014
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 03/11/2014Refurbished
Definitely a Best Buy!
by Justin-Lee on March 26, 2013
Pros: + On-screen menu is straightforward and very easy to access
+ Picture quality is absolutely top notch
+ Viewing angle range is very good
+ Great price
Cons: - No HDMI
- You can only adjust the tilt, not height or swivel
Summary: The OSD (on-screen menu) is straightforward and very easy to access with buttons on the lower right front of the frame. No hidden OSD buttons on the side or bottom ...
Summary: The OSD (on-screen menu) is straightforward and very easy to access with buttons on the lower right front of the frame. No hidden OSD buttons on the side or bottom of the frame that are nearly impossible to find and use, which seems to be a style over function design "feature" of so many other monitors. On the negative side, and the only thing about the monitor that is pretty much worthless, are the speakers. The sound they emit is tinny and barely audible. If you want sound, use the real computer speakers that you probably already have.
Most important of all, the picture quality is absolutely top notch. The OSD lets you choose between five different display modes, each with different brightness, contrast and color rendering characteristics to match the environment where you're using the monitor and the kind of work you're doing. This is a terrific feature. I do a lot of serious photo editing, and there's an sRGB mode designed specifically for that. It displays my photos perfectly -- showing true, accurate colors throughout the spectrum, and complete, well-delineated fine gray scale gradations. You can fine tune the monitor's color temperature using the OSD calibration, but you probably won't need to.
The ViewSonic is also pretty smart. It determines the aspect ratio of the signal it's receiving (regular or wide screen) and formats the input accordingly. That's a really nice feature that avoids the annoying stretched text and graphics you get with some wide screen monitors when they display narrow-format applications. The viewing angle range is very good, too, better than most LCD monitors.
Frankly, I'm not a "Go Green" person, so that part of the ViewSonic sales pitch is lost on me. I couldn't care less about a couple of kilowatt hours a year among friends, and I'll leave it to somebody else to save the Earth. Regardless of what technology it uses (LCD, LED or whatever), what I want from an HD computer monitor is excellent sharpness, true-to-life color rendition, uniform brightness, and good contrast no matter what application I'm using or what website I'm visiting.
Doing some rather intricate photo editing over the last several days on this ViewSonic monitor reinforces the emphatic two thumbs up that I gave it from the time I began using it over a month ago.
Note: you can check for best deal of this monitor at: Monitorreviewsbuy.com/buy-viewsonic-vx2250wm-led
Excellent product, great price -- definitely a Best Buy.
6 out of 6 users found this user opinion helpful.
Exceptional Quality + Excellent Value= ViewSonic
by migoi121587 on August 13, 2010
Pros: The PRICE: $170 at buy.com for a full HD LED monitor is unheard of! There is a comparable Samsung for more than double the amount. The monitor itself looks awesome and very classy. Display is extremely bright and the contrast is perfect!
Cons: I really don't have any major cons with this product. I'm being extremely picky here, but the monitor tends to wobble side to side if I hit my desk too hard.
Summary: I bought this for a dual monitor setup in addition to my other ViewSonic monitor I bought a year ago. In my opinion ViewSonic is A brand that is little ...
Summary: I bought this for a dual monitor setup in addition to my other ViewSonic monitor I bought a year ago. In my opinion ViewSonic is A brand that is little known but I think is the one of the best if not the best monitor manufacturers on the market. I have owned a Viewsonic monitor 10 years ago and I loved it. With that being said, this monitor is exceptional! For the price and quallity of this display, one cannot find a better product. If you are in the market for an LED monitor then you do not have to look any further.
4 out of 4 users found this user opinion helpful.
Very good monitor for the money
by GaelicSoxFan on December 26, 2010
Pros: I like the brightness of the screen and the picture quality.
Cons: The touch command for the buttons is not very responsive.
Summary: I got this for Christmas to replace my eight year old CRT monitor. I have a Mac mini, so I already had the adapter. It is an HD screen, but ...
Summary: I got this for Christmas to replace my eight year old CRT monitor. I have a Mac mini, so I already had the adapter. It is an HD screen, but my Mac isn't HD-capable. Still excellent quality though. Setup was a snap. I had to tweak the color settings a bit to get it to where I like it. So far I've been very impressed though.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
by cobraguy223 on September 24, 2010
Pros: Absolutely great Screen, easy adjustments,Great price for the amount of features! Bought from B&H Photo, their service was exceptional,and their price was the best out there!Just buy it!
Cons: I haven't found anything negetive! Period!
Summary: I'm always skeptical on any online purchase, B&H was as good as it gets! The Monitor is in my view ,as good as it gets! You won'...
Summary: I'm always skeptical on any online purchase, B&H was as good as it gets! The Monitor is in my view ,as good as it gets! You won't find a Monitor like this for their price and quality, I TRIED!
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Stay away from this monitor.
by jjdawson7 on January 13, 2012
Pros: None, I wasted my time with two of these models.
Cons: Fuzzy, blurry, slight discolorations; phase, frequency and size problems.
Summary: I tried 2 of these VX2250wm monitors and both were fuzzy and had slight discolorations. They both had phase, frequency and size problems. The auto-adjust doesn't clear up the ...
Summary: I tried 2 of these VX2250wm monitors and both were fuzzy and had slight discolorations. They both had phase, frequency and size problems. The auto-adjust doesn't clear up the screen image. All of its screen resolutions are blurry. And, at 1920x1080 (the highest resolution), parts of the image are blurry and parts are clear. You can never get the entire display to be crystal clear (like you can with most other monitors) no matter how hard you try. You can change every setting on the monitor and you'll still see obvious problems in parts of the screen. I've used dozens of monitors in my life and this one is one of the worst I've ever used. Also, its price is not that good compared to other models. These problems might be with this particular model because several other ViewSonic models are very good.
- Manufacturer: ViewSonic
- Part number: VX2250WM-LED
- Description: ViewSonic's VX2250wm-LED features an environmentally friendly mercury free LED backlight, 22" widescreen monitor with up to 40% energy saving compared to a regular 22" monitor. It offers Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, 5ms response time, 10,000,000:1 MEGA dynamic contrast ratio, digital and analog inputs and integrated stereo speakers. Ideal for both home and office with the piano black finish, VX2250wm-LED can be mounted on a VESA compliant stand or wall mount bracket. It also has an automatic aspect ratio adjustment so when your input is a 4:3 signal, the image will not be stretched but instead it will be positioned in the middle of the screen with side bars.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Display Type LED-backlit LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 22 in
- Viewable Size 21.5 in
- Built-in Devices Stereo speakers
- Aspect Ratio Widescreen
- Native Resolution 1080p 1920 x 1080
- Pixel Pitch 0.24825 mm
- Brightness 250 cd/m2
- Image Contrast Ratio 1000:1 / 10000000:1 (dynamic)
- Response Time 5 ms
- Vertical Refresh Rate 75 Hz
- Horizontal Refresh Rate 83 kHz
- Horizontal Viewing Angle 170
- Vertical Viewing Angle 160
- Screen Coating Anti-glare
- Backlight Technology LED backlight
- Color Temperature 9300K,
- Controls & Adjustments Power on/off,
- On-Screen Controls Brightness
- Features LED Technology,
- Color Black
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 20.5 in x 7.5 in x 15.9 in - With stand
- Weight 7.5 lbs
- Type speaker(s) - Stereo - Integrated
- Output Power / Channel 2 Watt
- Type None
- Interfaces DVI-D,
- Connections - DVI-Digital,
- AC power-in
- Display Position Adjustments Tilt
- Tilt Angle 25
- Flat Panel Mount Interface 100 x 100 mm
- Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately)
- Cables Included 1 x VGA cable,
1 x DVI cable,
1 x Audio cable
- Backlight Life 25,000 hour(s)
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- Compliant Standards FCC Class B certified,
- Power Supply Internal
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 26 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- Included Software ViewSonic Wizard
- Service & Support 3 years warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 3 years,
Limited warranty - Backlight - 3 years
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 90%
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- EPEAT Compliant EPEAT Silver