Sony MD Walkman MZ-NH600D
Manufacturer: Sony Part number: MZ-NH600D
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/27/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $400.00
- Reviewed by: Rick Broida
- Reviewed on: 07/16/2004
- Released on: 06/01/2004
The good: Inexpensive media; well-designed desktop software; stores a lot of music on each cartridge; slick Sony design.
The bad: Terrible interface; awkward controls; small, low-resolution LCD; plays only Sony's proprietary ATRAC files; extremely slow file transfers; beeps when playback is paused.
The bottom line: Sony's latest MiniDisc player, the entry-level MZ-NH600D, shows improvement. But we encountered too many usability issues to recommend it wholeheartedly.
Great Product For college students
Pros: Awesome battery life, with the energizer e2 AA battery I get weeks worth of listening before having to change the battery. ability to backtrack to old mini's is great. Overall I am completely happy with this player and would reconmend it to those who don'
Cons: Wish there was a backlight, fixed the issue by using a backlit remote from my past mini-disk player. Music transfer was somewhat confusing to get the feel for, but once when you get it you don't forget it.
Nice Razor--Where are the Blades?
Pros: Good sound quality. 8+ hours in a fairly high quality bit rate per disk is nice. Also find 1 GB easier to deal with and manage than Carl Sagan GBs on juke box type players. Surprisingly rich feature set and things you can do on the player. Yes, ATRAC
Cons: Fiddly controls designed for extraterrestrials with knitting needle-like fingers. PC software makes file transfer easy, but very limited file management capabilities. Biggest complaint: Hi-MD disks are in very short supply. While there is a certain bla
Great if you'll put up with the hassle
Pros: Long battery life, cool jog dial feature (uncomfortable though)
Cons: Software is the worst thing since spam.
Cheap Unlimited Storage of Anything!
Pros: I had the NetMD-MZ505 and was pretty satisfied with it once I did some checking on the web and completely bypassed the stupid SonicStage software. I found that with a combination of M3U2Sburner/Daemon-Tools/Simp leBurner I was able to burn whatever I wan
Cons: It seems like it would be somewhat less durable than my old NetMD which had a harder metallic plastic shell. I find the controls just fine, even though they are very tiny and they aren't the most intuitive. The joystick/jogdial is a pretty pathetic atte
For this price perhaps look at something else
Pros: 1) Excellent battery life, ~30 hours for one dirt cheap AA battery (or you can buy rechargable AAs). That's much better than built in battery. 2) 1GB of space on one mini disc (for about 7 bucks). At 64 kbps ATRAC3plus conversion that gave me ~33 hours of
Cons: 1) Small LCD. There are only 3 rows of 9 characters! Yes, there is scrolling for the highlighted line, but it is painfully slow to scroll through song titles + artist. Why or why did they put such a small LCD on a device where they had so much space?! 4)
Pros: I've only had this unit for about 24 hours, but I've had the time to develop some opinions. You'll notice that I recommend the unit, but give fairly low scores on most of the catagories (no rating on service, since I have no firsthand experience with the
Cons: In the previous section, I said "if it holds up." I'm *definitely* going back to the store and buying the extended service plan, as it is difficult for me to believe this unit will last even a couple of years. I am amazed at the poor build quality... it
i dont care
Pros: i have to say that this is pretty good for me. i dont ahve a computer with usb 2.0 so its pretty conveniiant fo r me. and i dont mind converting to atrac3 cause im always changng my mind about the format i wanna use so im always conveting stuff.....i wo
Cons: i dont have it
This unit is GREAT
Pros: Small, Compact, GREAT sound, Easy to use, FAST file transfers(I don't know what these others were doing but it only takes me 5 minutes to transfer a CD to this unit!) I have found this to be far better than any other unit I looked at. The software is easy
Cons: No Backlit display.
Only good if your library is already atrac3
Pros: Small, lightweight, great battery life. Works with exsisting md80 discs.
Cons: Sonic stage and atrac3 still suck. Because of sony's continuance in forcing you to have to conver all your mp3 files to atrac3, i took mine back and went with an iPod 20gb 4th generation. I was a mini disc faithful, but as long as sony is going to make y
Owned it for a Month
Pros: I like the sound quality even in the highest compression.
Cons: I have used both the 1G and older 80 min discs and both skip. I can't figure out why - will even skip when unit is static. Drives me CRAZY!
- Manufacturer: Sony
- Part number: MZ-NH600D
- Description: Taking your music collection on the go has never been so easy. The MZ-NH600D uses MiniDisc technology, which allows you to put 45 hours of music onto just one Hi-MD 1GB MiniDisc. This makes your music library incredibly portable, and the MiniDiscs are so small they can easily fit in a shirt pocket. The player also features long battery life, providing 30 hours of continuous playback with just one "AA" battery. The MZ-NH600D Hi-MD Walkman Digital Music Player is also compatible with Standard MiniDisc Media and supports multiple audio formats. Its Easy Jog Dial Navigation lets you scroll through playlists and songs with incredible ease.
- Product type Hi-MD recorder
- Software type [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Software] Sony SonicStage Simple Burner,
Sony SonicStage 2.0
- Color Silver
- Depth 3 in
- Height 1.1 in
- Width 3.3 in
- Weight 3.5 oz
- Included accessories USB cable
- Digital storage None
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Addtional features Hold button ,
ATRAC technology ,
Volume limiter ,
Portable hard drive function
Digital Player / Recorder
- Supported digital audio standards WMA,
- Audio system built-in display LCD
- Features Adjustable contrast
- CD system type None
- Digital audio standards supported MP3,
- Cassette system type None
- Equalizer type Digital graphic
- Equalizer factory preset qty 4
- Equalizer factory presets Jazz,
- Equalizer user preset qty 2
- Equalizer band qty 6 bands
- Equalizer center frequencies 100 Hz,
- Tuner type None
- MD system type Hi-MD recorder
- MD system media load type Slide-in
- MD system playback modes Random play / shuffle,
One track repeat,
- MD system response bandwidth 20 - 20000 Hz
- Shockproof memory Yes
- Sample rate 44.1 KHz
- MD system features Net MD compatibility,
Mono extended time recording,
Personal disk memory,
Sampling rate converter,
- Headphones type Binaural
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Connectivity technology Wired
- Cable(s) included 1 x USB cable -
- Connector type 1 x USB,
1 x Headphones Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
Battery / Power
- Battery AA type Standard battery
- Mfr estimated battery life 30 hour(s)
- Power device type [Feb 24, 2011 from CDS: Power Device] None