Manufacturer: Directed Electronics Inc. Part number: XVSAP1V1
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|"Your customer service is the best I have ever encountered'|| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/18/2013
| || In stock || |
as of 05/18/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $43.36 - $49.99
- Reviewed by: Antuan Goodwin
- Reviewed on: 12/10/2009
The good: The XM SkyDock's app-based interface allows users to tag their favorite songs and artists and store up to 12 favorite channels. The unit installs quickly without tools for most applications. The Skydock offers a variety of out-of-the-box connection options for car stereos, including an auxiliary audio output and a built-in FM transmitter.
The bad: The unit only plays back audio when the XM app is open on the iPhone, which means you can't multitask while listening. Installation is a bit more involved than simple plug and play.
The bottom line: The XM SkyDock is an easy and relatively inexpensive way for iPhone users to add satellite radio to a vehicle, as long as they aren't power multitaskers.
Easy to Install works great right out of the box.
by balancerfla on June 2, 2010
Pros: Nice display and easy to navigate channels while driving. I use my I Touch not I Phone. Works better with the I touch.
Cons: Not enough favorite channel spots. XM Phone person was very slow and kept trying to sell me stuff while waiting for programming.
Summary: I like this product as it works well and is easy to use. I recommend doing the on line install instead of calling customer service as they are not very ...
Summary: I like this product as it works well and is easy to use. I recommend doing the on line install instead of calling customer service as they are not very swift. Much harder to use with I-Phone than I touch. If you have both use the I touch.
dont do it
by atayatay74 on May 10, 2010
Pros: the app is great, but reception sucks
Cons: The fm transmitter is way under powered, which causes static. Reception is horrible
Summary: Dont do it. It sounds like an eight track
Summary: Dont do it. It sounds like an eight track
DON'T DO IT!!
by rbarr on January 24, 2010
Pros: Works with Ipod app.
Cons: plastic piece of junk
Summary: While the app works well and the service itself is good, the Skydock is a plastic piece of junk ($119). I have three cars and XM/Sirius on tow of ...
Summary: While the app works well and the service itself is good, the Skydock is a plastic piece of junk ($119). I have three cars and XM/Sirius on tow of them with dealer installed receivers. My wife's X5 didn't come with a receiver and i heard about the Skydock. Sounded like a simple solution so she could enjoy the service. Buy was i wrong. 93 days after having the device installed in the cigarette lighter it started to give off a static hiss. it turns out it came from the cheap connection between the line-out cable and the connection. Brought it back to Radio Shack were we bought it. After 90 days you have to deal with XM. What a nightmare. Tech support sucks. The wouldn't do anything for us as it was 3 days past the 90 day warranty period. at the end of the day i had to cancel the service for her X5.
Great Product for those without an AUX port
by krc333 on December 30, 2009
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: Must have XM subscription
Screen somewhat touchy when scrolling
Summary: This is a great solution if you don?t have an AUX port like my wife?s 06 Pilot. The FM transmitter is different than most as the signal works ...
Summary: This is a great solution if you don?t have an AUX port like my wife?s 06 Pilot. The FM transmitter is different than most as the signal works through the dashboards electrical system instead of sending a signal to the car antenna. The antenna on my wife?s Pilot is on the back window so most FM Transmitters (like the Skyfi 3 I have) won?t send the signal that far. We get zero static in Denver, which surprised me, and drove to Des Moines and only had to change the FM setting once because of static.
The screen can be overly sensitive when scrolling which is my only issue, that and the fact you have to have an XM subscription.
The reason they did this is so you have to add the Best of Sirius to your XM subscription in order to hear Howard Stern and the NFL. It basically doubles the cost of your yearly subscription. My subscription went from $88 for the a year to $204 when I mentioned I wanted Stern and the NFL as well. Still worth the cost but leaves you feeling a bit bitter about the deal. For $85 you can?t beat it, because Cnet also forgot to mention you can play your iTunes and receive phone calls while it?s in the cradle as well.
Best Accessory for Satelite Radio with the iPhone
by roachcoach1186 on December 28, 2009
Pros: Able to tag songs via iTunes. Cradle can be turn vertical or horizontal and is very flexible. Charges the phone. Works for both iPhone and some iPod Touch generations.
Cons: Antenna instalation can become frustrating for "wire-phobes" who want a more concealed look to the car's interior. Will not work with previous SIRIUS subscriptions.
Summary: The CNET review misses the point that it is illegal to be on the phone while driving and answering text messages in some states (New Jersey). Purchasing an XM subscription ...
Summary: The CNET review misses the point that it is illegal to be on the phone while driving and answering text messages in some states (New Jersey). Purchasing an XM subscription is required, but is cheaper when bought as a yearly plan rather than by month. Not allowing the music to run as a simultaneous apps is annoying when trying to look up navigation directions. Overall, it does remove another piece of equipment from the car if you own a plug-n-play unit as well as a car charger for the iPhone. And makes listening to music more available from one source.
- Manufacturer: Directed Electronics Inc.
- Part number: XVSAP1V1
- Description: SIRIUS XM SkyDock is the first satellite radio controlled by an iPod touch or iPhone, and also one of the first products to take advantage of the hardware control capabilities of iPhone OS 3.0. Designed for easy use through the existing vehicle audio system, SkyDock has a built-in XM tuner controlled by a free App that users download from the App store. The App allows control of the XM tuner using the capabilities of the iPod touch or iPhone multi-touch user interface. SkyDock will also change iPod touch and iPhone devices while listening to live satellite radio. Listeners can use their iPod touch and iPhone to listen to all their favorite sports, talk, news, entertainment and commercial-free music programming, including Oprah Radio, MLB Home Plate, the PGA Tour Network, Opie and Anthony, Bob Edwards, Jamie Foxx and Blue Collar Comedy. For the first time, subscribers can also listen to the complete "Best of Sirius" package, including Howard Stern and his two 24/7 channels, Martha Stewart Living Radio, SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, sports play-by-play and the Playboy radio channel, all controlled by the iPod touch and iPhone. Listeners can also tag songs they hear on XM's music channels for later purchase form the iTunes Store - including songs on XM's 24/7 artist branded commercial-free channels such as Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, Elvis Radio, Eminem's Shade 45, the Grateful Dead Channel, B.B. King's Bluesville, Willie Nelson's Willie's Place, Siriusly Sinatra and Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio. Other features include game alerts and sports ticker, artist and song alerts as well as stock ticker. The SkyDock is a perfect companion to the SIRIUS XM Premium Online App, which allows subscribers to receive SIRIUS XM's Premium Internet service on their iPhone and iPod touch when they are out of the vehicle and on-the-go, at home, or at the office. XM SkyDock comes with SIRIUS XM's PowerConnect technology, which simplifies do-it-yourself vehicle installation, working through the existing vehicle radio and making it easy to move from vehicle to vehicle. An Aux In Cable is standard in-box accessory to facilitate Aux In connections in vehicles with Aux In capability. SkyDock's flexible stalk optimizes the iPod touch or iPhone placement in the vehicle. Customers can view the touch-screen interface in portrait or landscape modes.
- MP3 Player Compatibility iPod touch,
iPod touch (2G)
- Compatible Mobile Devices Apple iPhone,
Apple iPhone 3G,
Apple iPhone 3G S
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse Directed Electronics Inc. products on Shopper.com
- Manufacturer:Directed Electronics Inc.
- Phone: 1-800-876-0800