Creative Nomad MuVo NX (128 MB)
Manufacturer: Creative Part number: 73PD037000000
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/15/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $214.91
- Reviewed by: Ben Patterson
- Reviewed on: 09/28/2003
- Released on: 09/01/2003
The good: Small and light; sleek, solid design; Velcro armband; simple, intuitive controls; voice recording; impressive battery life.
The bad: Not loud enough for some; no lanyard, FM tuner, or high-quality recording options.
The bottom line: If you don't need a radio or care about the unit's sound levels, this player is perfect for jogging or using at the gym.
died on me
Pros: small, great for sports, and no cable hassle
Cons: not recharable, battery dies so easily, not enough memory.. believe me its a hassle, key placement sucks, and believe me, worst part of it is.. that itll be completely dead by the end of 3 months. i would send it in to creative, but i know its not worth t
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Durable and has many functions.
by Haybale2500 on December 30, 2009
Pros: This MP3 player is really tough; I normally use it when I'm riding/racing my 4-wheeler and several times this has hit the ground and been ran over by 4-wheelers and still works perfectly! The sound quality, recorder, and radio is good, also.
Cons: There were some computers that I couldn't use with this MP3 player to load songs which was a hassel at times and there needs to be more memory on it.
Been thru hell and still works!!!
by donnymize on July 19, 2009
Pros: Small, easy to use, small capacity so your not listening to 30000 songs you don't like
Cons: Small capacity only holds about 25 songs (but how many do you really need?)
AAA Batteries chewer gets about 10hrs of play time to battery.
Summary: My player has been thru hell and still works. I mistakenly went swiming 4 times with it on and still working. It has been dropped off my bike at 25mph ...
Summary: My player has been thru hell and still works. I mistakenly went swiming 4 times with it on and still working. It has been dropped off my bike at 25mph 2 times and still works. I have had 3 ipods (POS's) fail in last year and keep coming back to this one when they die.
I am currently looking at buying the newest version of this player.
by bigslamajama on June 28, 2006
Pros: Light, easy to use, great belt clip for running
Cons: battery cover can break easily (but the belt clip works great as a replacement!)
Summary: I've had this for over 3 years now and it's still working great for me. I must have received a different batch than everyone else (a lot of ...
Summary: I've had this for over 3 years now and it's still working great for me. I must have received a different batch than everyone else (a lot of negative posts with dead units). The only problem ive had is that the battery cover broke on one of the housing units but they include two with the player so now im using the backup! Also the included belt clip holds everything together quite well and offers some level of environmental protection. I take it snowboarding with me all the time and it has never had a problem even when snow gets in the pocket.
The player is super-lightweight and the usb functionality is tremendous, no cords to worry about. I will use this until its last breath and then probably upgrade to the TX FM to get usb 2.0 and a bigger capacity, not to mention the extra features.
I think this is a fantastic little mp3 player and would highly recommend it to anyone that is active and would like an affordable, solid, lightweight player with good battery life.
1.5 months and DIED
by jackal612 on April 18, 2006
Pros: great while it lasted
Cons: It didn't last!
Summary: It is a good 2 month mp3 player. I'd buy another if I knew it would last. I threw away my receipt after a month and two weeks later ...
Summary: It is a good 2 month mp3 player. I'd buy another if I knew it would last. I threw away my receipt after a month and two weeks later it went out. Internals must be fragile... Definitely hang onto your receipt on this one!!
More problems then its worth
Pros: when it works its ok
Cons: freezes up and i am having a problem with the ear phone jack, you loose sound. thought it was the lousy ear plugs they gave me but i bought a nice pair of headphones and it still having the same problem
Stopped working after 4 months
Pros: Small, lightweight, decent sound, good features.
Cons: Too delicate. After about 4 months, it went completely dead. And the company offers no tech support or recourse of any kind after the 3-month warranty expires.
Love it, so small and easy to use.
Pros: Small and works well with my computer battery operated ampified speakers.
Cons: None yet!
satisfactory entry-level mp3 player
Pros: incredibly small. switchable color cases. hi-quality sound and good volume. good battery life (at least 15-16hrs). doubles as a usb drive, and even pulls off of battery case and attaches itself to the usb port, not through a long and easily tangled connec
Cons: the memory capacity is pretty small, and theres no radio or line-in recording. also, the voice recording feature does not seem to work...but i never use it anyway
One of the best Mp3 players around
Pros: its light and compact but large enough that its not to intricate. it has a good battery life at just under 20 hours from 1 AAA battery.
Cons: the 128mb does have a lack of space but it can be upgraded to 256mb with not much cost.
- Manufacturer: Creative
- Part number: 73PD037000000
- Description: Travel easily with your MuVo NX and experience superb sound quality in a tiny, ultra-light device on the plane, on the train, or while you exercise. With skip-free flash memory and included sports armband and case, the NOMAD MuVo NX is designed for flawless performance during exercise and other rigorous activity. Simply attach the NOMAD MuVo NX to any PC with the built-in USB connector and drag-and-drop your music files between your PC storage and the NOMAD MuVo NX. Get creative with your MuVo and share your documents, photos and any other data files between PCs at home, work or on the road. Use the handy built-in mic to record up to 8 hours of voice messages, notes and conversations. Play your MP3s or WMAs for up to 4 hours on one AA battery. The high-resolution backlit LCD provides full track information (ID3 tags), access to custom settings and allows folder navigation with the convenient rocker button. Using the MuVo NX couldn't be simpler, just load it, snap it, and go!
- Product type Flash player
- PC interface(s) supported USB
- Signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- Total harmonic distortion 0.05 %
- Flash memory installed Integrated,
- Digital storage None
- Weight 1.1 oz
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 1.5 in x 0.6 in x 2.9 in
- Voice recording capable Yes
- Included accessories Arm band
- Software type Creative MediaSource,
Drivers & Utilities
- Microsoft PlaysForSure Yes
- Case type Case
- Strap Belt clip
Digital Player / Recorder
- Supported digital audio standards MP3 ,
- Response bandwidth 20 - 20000 Hz
- ID3 tags support Yes
- External hard drive function Yes
- Audio system built-in display LCD
- Backlight display Yes
- Display illumination color Blue
- Sound output mode Stereo
- CD system type None
- Digital audio standards supported MP3,
- Equalizer factory preset qty 4
- Equalizer user preset qty 1
- Equalizer band qty 5 bands
- Tuner type None
- Remote control None
- Microphone type Built-in
- Microphone operation mode Mono
- Headphones type Binaural
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Connectivity technology Wired
- Connector type 1 x Headphones Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm,
1 x USB 4 pin USB Type A
Battery / Power
- Battery Alkaline AAA type,
- Mfr estimated battery life 11 hour(s)
- Power device type [Feb 24, 2011 from CDS: Power Device] None
- Peripheral / Interface devices [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: System Requirements] USB port,
- Operating system Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition,
Microsoft Windows 2000,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition,
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Min processor type [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: System Requirements] Pentium II
- Min processor speed 233 MHz
Specs: 12 hour(s),
1 x Standard battery - AAA type - Alkaline,
Specs: 128 MB,
1 - AAA type - Alkaline,