iRiver iGP-100 (1.5GB)
Manufacturer: iRiver Part number: IGP-100
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/23/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $89.99
- Reviewed by: John Frederick Moore
- Reviewed on: 03/03/2004
The good: Sturdy design; wealth of playback options; FM tuner.
The bad: Unintuitive interface; has a lower capacity than some microdrive players; doesn't play purchased WMA or AAC files.
The bottom line: This tough microdrive player has a lot of selling points but holds only 1.5GB.
all-around a great player
Pros: great sound quality, can clip it right to my belt, the fm tuner is very nice for when i am working out and want to listen the tv's in the gym that are hooked up that way. one of the best things is that you don't need to install any software to transfer so
Cons: smaller storage capacity but it's not too bad, a few menus are kind of confusing (ex. repeat mode) and the manual doesn't explain them very well
great player, if it ever worked
Pros: great features, sound, storage capacity, and price
Cons: Horribly unreliable. Hard drive keeps breaking. We return it to iriver, they send us a new one and the harddrive breaks again. We are currently on our third IGP-100 and it was shipped to our house broken. We are not abusing the device. It usually bre
Very cool. Very very cool.
Pros: Even if it holds less than an iPod mini, I don't think I even know a thousand songs that I'd want with me all the time. The iRiver iGP holds more than one hundred songs, and that's all I need. It's also very reliable and sturdy. I can go jogging with it i
Cons: The surface is easily scratched.
Two never worked!
Pros: Large screen. FM Radio sounds good.
Cons: I went through two of these babaies. Neither of them ever was recognized as an external drive by my computer. iRiver's conclusion was a bad harddrive, whcih means two bad harddrives in two weeks. Skip it!
Perfect for everyday use
Pros: Great interface, one-handed operation is a snap, though takes a few minutes to learn. Very stylish, looks different than the million other MP3 players. USB 2.0 makes file transfering easy! When mine broke, they sent me a replacement international
Cons: I have tons of songs, and I don't even want to take them all with me. I would much rather decide for a few days which ones I'm going to listen to, then just put those on. But I imagine for some people the relatively small size for a microdrive is a con
Why was this discontinued?!
Pros: Glad I got mine in time. Hopefully, they're just coming out with a bigger version. It's a little pricey spacewise, but it's really the only player under 200 that gives you 1.5 gigs and a radio. Sound is excellent--I'm reburning everything with ogg. Once I
Cons: No belt clip, transfers a little slow, should either be cheaper or give you more space. But overall, love this thing.
This thing rocks, forget the ipod minis
Pros: Great playback, file transfer is very quick, the carry case looks good and you can import your winamp playlist.
Cons: I have yet to find any
Clever, flexible player from a responsible company
Pros: - Display is easy to read in both daylight and low-light conditions. - Storage capacity is adequate to hold all the music most people listen to at any one time, even if it’s not enough to hold all the music some people may own (or possess). - Lots of s
Cons: - You’ll spend a lot of time with the instruction manual (which is fairly clear) until you learn the proper sequence of short clicks, long clicks, pushes and “mode” changes on one switch or button or another necessary to operate the various functions. Thi
Great player for the price!
Pros: After much research, I bought this product and have had no complaints! The battery lasts forever and the sound quality is amazing for such a tiny player. I run with it and it never skips, small enough to wear on my arm. Very easy to add/organize music
Cons: Controls could be a bit better but it just takes some getting used to. Wish it came with an armband.
Too Many Problems!
Pros: I like the look and feel of the IGP-100, the metal handle, and sound quality.
Cons: Every other time I plug it in, my computer crashes or simply doesn't recognize it. Being my third MP3 player, its not the computer.
- Manufacturer: iRiver
- Part number: IGP-100
- Description: iRiver has combined the impressive storage of a skip-free 1.5GB drive for up to 50 hours of music and an extra-large, backlit LCD into one remarkably small music player. The iGP-100 also features an integrated FM tuner, a long-life lithium-ion rechargeable battery and USB 2.0 for ultra-fast music transfers.
- Product type Digital player / radio
- PC interface(s) supported Hi-Speed USB
- Signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- Flash memory installed 25 hour(s)
- Digital storage Built-in 1.5 GB Hard disk drive
- Weight 3.8 oz
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 3.1 in x 1 in x 3.1 in
- Included accessories Carrying case,
Digital Player / Recorder
- Supported digital audio standards MP3 ,
- Playback modes Random play / shuffle,
All tracks repeat,
One track repeat,
- Response bandwidth 20 - 20000 Hz
- Supported bit rate 32 - 320 Kbps
- ID3 tags support Yes
- External hard drive function Yes
- Audio system built-in display LCD
- Backlight display Yes
- Features Adjustable contrast
- Sound effects 3-DSB,
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Timer Sleep
- Addtional features Auto power off,
- CD system type None
- Digital audio standards supported WMA,
- Equalizer factory preset qty 5
- Equalizer factory presets U-bass,
- Equalizer user preset qty 1
- Tuner type Digital Radio tuner
- Station preset qty 20
- FM station preset qty 20
- Auto preset memory Yes
- Tuner bands FM
- Antenna form factor Headphone cord FM
- Tuner frequency range FM: 87.5 - 108 MHz
- Tuning display LCD display
- Additional radio features FM stereo/mono switch
- Headphones type Binaural
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Connectivity technology Wired
- Cable(s) included USB cable - External
- Connector type 1 x USB,
1 x DC power input,
1 x Headphones Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
Battery / Power
- Battery 1 x Lithium ion Rechargeable Player battery
- Mfr estimated battery life 12 hour(s)
- Battery capacity 1300 mAh
- Recharge time 2 hour(s)
- Power device type [Feb 24, 2011 from CDS: Power Device] Power adapter