Samsung Napster YP-910GS (20GB)
Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: YP-910GS
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/18/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $199.99
- Reviewed by: John Frederick Moore
- Reviewed on: 10/29/2003
- Released on: 10/29/2003
The good: Line-in and FM recording; FM transmitter; 20GB capacity; USB 1.1/2.0.
The bad: Clumsy playlist handling; no option for playing all tracks on the device; dim LCD backlighting.
The bottom line: This player clearly bests the iPod in terms of features but not in design.
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere
Pros: It has a lot of great features, whether or not you can get them to work is another story.
Cons: The FM transmitter is garbage. The FM tuner is garbage. The Drive itself starting skipping after a few months. I had it for 10 months and it no longer works at all. The firmware posted on the Samsung site totally wrecked the thing. I formatted it and
It's the best MP3 player for the price
Pros: LCD backlight. F.M radio. F.M transmiter. And a MP3 encoding.
Cons: Not as stylish as the ipod.Not a bright enough
It's OK ...not great...could be much better
Pros: The 20GB HDD makes it a decent sized data storage device. Its size is good, but a smaller one would be nicer. I bought mine in Ebay for $200 (brand new), so I have no cost/benefit complaints. You can pause a playing song but you can't stop it (as to sele
Cons: Napster's software takes a LOT of flexibility and ease of use away from it, unless you are a Napster zealot and love paying high price for music downloads. You cannot delete songs in the device. If you do, the song names will always show up as a recorded
worked great, i dont see the problem
Pros: great features, definitely a geek gadget =D
Cons: fm transmitter isn't as good as it sounds
Amazing Player With Awesome Features; But there are software bugs that need to be taken care of
Pros: FM Transmitter Works Well on any radio with an FM tuner. Sound quality is good. Contrary to popular belief, there is a way to play all your songs at once.
Cons: Many software bugs I had to work out before it worked properly. Scrolling is not very efficient.
Better then that stupid IPOD
Pros: This mp3 player comes with more accessories then the ipod dose. And is a lot cheaper. I think it is a lot easyer to use, with or with out napster. With 20gb how can you go wrong. Get this Mp3 player if you know what is good for you.
Cons: The radio sucks.
Not all that dependable.
Pros: Packed with features.
Cons: Our Best Buy had 2 - one open box and one new. I bought the new. Got home, wouldn't work upon start and then wouldn't shut off without safety-pin reset. Was "locked" even when unlocked. Never got it working. Total piece.
One Ugly Player
Pros: great features like line in recording. Has great storage capacity. If you have napster this is the way to go!
Cons: Poor design. When you look at this against the Ipod its a total mismatch. The carrying case supplied also has no belt clip. Lastly the remote control is very heavy and often rips the earbud headphones out of you ear.
Love Love Love this player!
Pros: The fm tuner is great as well as well as the in-line recording feature. The battery life is good too. I am able to use it all throughout my work day and during my commutes to from the office.
Cons: The back light could be a bit brighter.
flaky had to keep pushing the reset!
Pros: Looked great on paper
Cons: Must use their software to load music. The one i had was not stable and i eventually gave up and picked up an iRiver- no transmitter but works and feature packed.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: YP-910GS
- Description: The YP-910GS is the first product to be co-branded by Samsung Electronics and Napster. This innovative Digital Audio Hard Drive & Storage Device, coupled with Napster 2.0 Music Service, marks the beginning of a technology and marketing partnership to improve the experience of consumers using digital music. Napster 2.0, and the fully integrated YP-910GS, will offer music fans access to more than 500, 000 tracks of the world's greatest music from all five major record labels and hundreds of independent labels. The Samsung Electronics and Napster partnership is an example of ongoing commitment to providing customers with innovative products that are simple for everyone to use.
- Product type Digital player / radio
- PC interface(s) supported Hi-Speed USB
- Signal-to-noise ratio 90 dB
- Total harmonic distortion 1.0 %
- Flash memory installed No built-in memory
- Digital storage Built-in 20 GB Hard disk drive
- Weight 6 oz
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 2.6 in x 0.8 in x 4.2 in
- Included accessories [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Miscellaneous] Carrying case,
Player remote control,
- Software type Drivers & Utilities
Digital Player / Recorder
- Supported digital audio standards MP3 ,
- Response bandwidth 20 - 20000 Hz
- External hard drive function Yes
- Audio system built-in display LCD
- Backlight display Yes
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Addtional features Built-in FM transmitter
- CD system type None
- Digital audio standards supported MP3,
- Tuner type Digital Radio tuner
- Tuner bands FM
- Tuning display LCD display
- Remote control Player remote control
- Headphones type Binaural Ear-bud
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Connectivity technology Wired
- Cable(s) included 1 x USB cable - External,
1 x Audio cable - External
- Connector type 1 x Headphones,
1 x USB,
1 x Audio line-in
Battery / Power
- Battery 1 x Lithium polymer Rechargeable Player batteryIntegrated
- Mfr estimated battery life 10 hour(s)
- Operating system Microsoft Windows 2000,
Microsoft Windows XP