Manufacturer: Brother International Part number: MFC8890DW
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 4 reviews
- The MFC-8890DW is the ultimate laser all-in-one solution for your business. It has an 802.11b/g wireless interface to print, scan and PC fax wirelessly without the clutter of cables. It also has a USB direct interface to print PDF or JPEG files from or scan PDF or JPEG files to your USB flash memory drive.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/29/2014Refurbished
This multifunction machine does everything I expected.
by theloanman on June 11, 2009
Pros: I have had this machine about 2 weeks and everything including the additional paper tray I purchased work well. Auto letter/legal paper selection works well for printing and fax. I especially like the scanner for emailing documents.
Cons: I found the bypass tray ackward to use compared to my last copier and so have not used it. Thus the 4.5 stars. I used legal paper only until I received the additional tray.
Summary: I have a home based business and I had a fax/copier machine that broke and needed to upgrade to a machine that could also scan documents so they could ...
Summary: I have a home based business and I had a fax/copier machine that broke and needed to upgrade to a machine that could also scan documents so they could be emaiedl at what I considered a reasonable price. I did as much research as I could and went with the Brother reputation I read about in other reviews. I could not find any reviews on the MFC-8890DW so I decided to write one.
I did need a machine that could handle Vista and XP and several kinds of connections including USB, Parallell and Ethernet from 3 different computers. This machine was able to handle each of those tasks easily.
I purchased the additional paper tray because I use both legal and letter paper mixed in the same print request so the auto paper select is great. It works with printing and faxes. I have found copying and printing to work exactly as expected. I especially like the scanner as I can put a pile of legal and letter size documents in the feeder and everything is scanned to a file on my computer so I can send it as an attachment to my emails.
I am a shopper and purchased the machine and additional tray at different places.
5 out of 5 users found this user opinion helpful.
Great machine, lives up to my expectations
by globalexplorer on January 23, 2010
Pros: Easy setup, prints quickly, dual-sided a big plus, scans great and the quality is top-notch. Good tech help from Brother.
Cons: The wifi doesn't necessarily work well with just any router. When I called Brother for assistance they said that can sometimes happen. I did find a workaround by renaming my router.
Summary: Once I got the printer installed and working wirelessly, I was able to connect both of my laptops, one a PC running Windows XP Professional, the other a new Macbook ...
Summary: Once I got the printer installed and working wirelessly, I was able to connect both of my laptops, one a PC running Windows XP Professional, the other a new Macbook Pro, and everything works great. I can scan docs and have them sent to either laptop. The only feature I haven't used yet is the fax because I haven't had a need. The printer handles large print jobs well and I love the dual-sided feature. I've already recommended this printer to other friends and colleagues. Also, I got a good deal by shopping around online.
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Most satisfying purchase in 30+ years of computing!
by GeneRichSpecialties on September 8, 2011
Pros: Performs as advertised. Prints fast and toner is low cost/page. Even cold, the warm-up and time until first page out is surprisingly fast. Setup was extremely easy. Duplexing works well. Ability to scan to specific PCs, controlled at the printer is very c
Cons: The little flip-up tab that extends the output tray seems pretty flimsy. Would be easy to accidentally snap off if you're not paying attention. Do not know about customer service because have had no need for it.
Summary: Most satisfying device I've purchased in the last 30 years of computing. Easy to setup and use. It's fast (for it's $ class) and uses low-cost consumables. I ...
Summary: Most satisfying device I've purchased in the last 30 years of computing. Easy to setup and use. It's fast (for it's $ class) and uses low-cost consumables. I HIGHLY recommend this gadget if your need is limited to B&W printing.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
lacks basic FAX capability for accurate date and time
by brightershade on August 16, 2012
Pros: lots of wired and wireless network options, including WPS support; double-sided printing and scanning; RAM can be expanded
Cons: with all the built-in network options, still lacks Network Time Protocol support to preserve the current date and time; often jams during double-sided operations
Summary: This model is unsuitable as a FAX machine because it lacks a basic capability found in earlier models: it loses the current date and time after even a split-second power ...
Summary: This model is unsuitable as a FAX machine because it lacks a basic capability found in earlier models: it loses the current date and time after even a split-second power interruption, Due to the heavy power draw of the laser in this model, you can't plug it into an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), so anytime you send or receive a FAX, the time could be wrong -- especially if you receive FAXes.
I've had earlier Brother MFC models and all of them possessed the capability to preserve the date and time after power outages.
No where in product literature does Brother disclose this degraded functionality for the MFC-8890DW. What's even more bizarre, is that this model is loaded with network features, so it would have been absurdly simple for Brother to build in Network Time Protocol (NTP) support -- but Brother's product manager for the MFC-8890DW chose for Date and Time services to be irrelevant.
Brother obviously decided that FAX on this model was not important, so if FAX is important to you -- look elsewhere.
- Manufacturer: Brother International
- Part number: MFC8890DW
- Description: The MFC-8890DW is the ultimate laser all-in-one solution for your business. It has an 802.11b/g wireless interface to print, scan and PC fax wirelessly without the clutter of cables. It also has a USB direct interface to print PDF or JPEG files from or scan PDF or JPEG files to your USB flash memory drive.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Fax / copier / printer / scanner
- Copier Type Digital
- Fax Type Plain paper
- Printing Technology Laser - Monochrome
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 30000 impressions
- Display 5 lines x 22 characters
- PC Connection Availability Yes
- PC Connection USB host,
- Office Machine Features Scan to e-mail,
Save to USB flash drive,
Scan to folder
- Standard Memory 64 MB 64 MB
- Max Supported Memory 576 MB 576 MB
- Max Copying Speed up to 32 ppm
- Max Copying Resolution up to 1200 x 600 dpi
- Max Document Enlargement 400 %
- Max Document Reduction 25 %
- Maximum Copies 99
- Automatic Duplexing Yes
- Copying Features 4 on 1,
2 on 1
- Max Printing Resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Max Printing Speed up to 32 ppm
- Printer Drivers / Emulations PCL 6,
- Optical Resolution 600 x 2400 dpi
- Interpolated Resolution 19200 x 19200 dpi
- Color Depth (Internal) 48 bit
- Compatibility Super G3
- Max Transmission Speed 33.6 Kbps
- Data Compression System MH,
- Total Memory Capacity 600 pages
- PC Faxing Yes
Fax Machine Features
- Telephone / Fax Switch Yes
- Broadcast Transmission 390 stations
- Features Fax forwarding,
Document & Media Handling
- Min Original Size 5.8 in x 5.8 in
- Max Original Size Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Original Type Sheets
- Document Feeder Capacity 50 sheets
- Max Media Size Legal Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Supported Media Type Labels,
- Standard Media Capacity 300 sheets
- Max Media Capacity 550 sheets
- Bypass Feeder Capacity 50 sheets
- Output Trays Capacity 150 sheets
- Document & Media Handling Details Input tray - 250 sheets,
ADF - 50 sheets,
Bypass tray - 50 sheets,
Output tray - 150 sheets
- Speed Details Printing : up to 32 ppm - B/W,
Copying : up to 32 ppm - B/W
- Interfaces USB 2.0,
- Network Protocols AppleTalk,
- Operating System Support MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
MS Windows Server 2008,
Apple Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later,
MS Windows Vista,
MS Windows XP 64-bit Edition,
MS Windows Server 2003
- Software Included ScanSoft PaperPort SE 11.0,
Presto! PageManager 7
- Power AC 120 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 680 Watt
- Power Consumption Standby 85 Watt
- Power Consumption Sleep 18 Watt
- Consumables Included 1 x Cartridge ( Black ) - up to 3000 pages,
1 x Drum - up to 25000 pages
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Blue Angel Compliant Yes
- Manufacturer Warranty 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 20.9 in
- Depth 17.8 in
- Height 18.7 in
- Weight 0.7 oz
- Sound Emission 30 dB (idle) / 56 dB (operating)
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse Brother International products on Shopper.com
- Manufacturer:Brother International
100 Somerset Corporate Blvd., Bridgewater, NJ 08807
- Phone: 1-908-704-1700
- Fax: 1-908-704-8235