Canon ImageCLASS MF4350D
Manufacturer: Canon Part number: 2711B001
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 11 reviews
- Enhancing home and small office operation, Canon's imageCLASS MF4350d provides duplex output capabilities for printing, copying and receiving faxes. With this duplexing capability customers will be able to significantly reduce paper consumption by duplex printing documents from a PC, or on incoming faxes. The unit also allows users to copy single-sided pages to double-sided output. Through the device's ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/10/2013Refurbished
Perfect printing, easy installation, portability, quite
by wdinkha on September 11, 2009
Pros: Very simple operation. Manual extremely practical and helpful. Great features especially for people interested in making their own books. Printing is fast and quality excellent. Great looking too.
Cons: NONE whatsoever.
Summary: I have started a new hobby of making my own bookbinding. I write my short stories print them on this monochrome laser. It does all the necessary copying and collating ...
Summary: I have started a new hobby of making my own bookbinding. I write my short stories print them on this monochrome laser. It does all the necessary copying and collating and ready for binding. This machine does this job perfectly. The size reduction features is of great help, reducing print from letter size to 5.5" W X 8.5" L.
I have an Canon Pixma iP4500 for photo printing.
Where necessary I will print in colour and paste in the finished book.
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Best value I've found and works great!
Pros: Speed, price, value, quality
Cons: maybe noise level when printing, but that's a minor drawback
Summary: Bought this from Fry's while on sale at Thanksgiving so only paid about $90. Best $90 ever spent for printing. Inkjets are just so costly to make lots of ...
Summary: Bought this from Fry's while on sale at Thanksgiving so only paid about $90. Best $90 ever spent for printing. Inkjets are just so costly to make lots of prints with. Initial cartridge says 1000 copies, but even with the warning light on, it's still running fine some 200+ copies later. Even does 2-sided copies automatically at a great speed! All this for the low price is great. We home school so it gets a lot of use. I hope it keeps up a few years like this. Again, I'll rarely use an inkjet again on black and white with this printer in the house; it's faster and tons cheaper. Maybe you won't get the incredible price I got for it, but after using it, I'd even pay the near $200. This printer will easily pay for itself in the first year. Canon has pretty responsive support too if you need it. I originally thought I did, but had really only misplaced the drivers CD.
3 out of 4 users found this user opinion helpful.
Balance of Value and Performance
by AllenKatEMail.com on June 30, 2009
Pros: Compact, all-in-one design, decent print, copy, and scan speed, plus built-in duplex (two-sided) printing, now this is a great option because mostly duplex multi-function are generally expensive and only design for commercial envirement.
Cons: No networking, small internal memory, not design for networking office envirement.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Did not work with my Mac
by macconsumerguy on June 20, 2009
Pros: fast printer; price
Cons: scanner did not work with my Mac;
printer driver caused problems with usb ports;
online customer service was unresponsive
Summary: (I have an imac using 10.5.7.) When I installed the printer and scanner drivers my keyboard would no longer function. This created a lot of problems and wasted ...
Summary: (I have an imac using 10.5.7.) When I installed the printer and scanner drivers my keyboard would no longer function. This created a lot of problems and wasted a lot of time. I installed on the weekend and Canon customer support online was nonexistent. After a while I was able to uninstall and install the drivers from the web as opposed to the disk. If I used a particular USB portal the key board can function with the printer. However, the scanner will not work. It is so annoying to hear people claiming that this machine's scanner is compatible with Macs. For a large minority of us it doesn't work. Now I have to go through the incredible hassle of shipping this useless machine back and reinstalling my old printer. Be warned Mac users: buying this machine could very well waste half a day of your time and cause serious aggravation.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
by IanCT on January 25, 2009
Pros: The printer is quite fast, from scanning, printing, and fax transmission. It takes less than 7 seconds to print one page. When I click print, I look over at the printer and the page is waiting for me in the output bin.
Cons: Haven't found any yet.
Summary: For the money, I paid $150 for this printer brand new at Best Buy and couldn't be more pleased. I needed a REAL office printer (ie: LaserJet) not a ...
Summary: For the money, I paid $150 for this printer brand new at Best Buy and couldn't be more pleased. I needed a REAL office printer (ie: LaserJet) not a multifunction InkJet and this printer fits the bill perfectly.I give this printer 4.5 out of 5 stars because it is a little on the noisy side when printing, kind of like a low-level hum. Is it enough to drive me crazy? No. But then again for the price you really can't complain if the only negative on this printer is a moderately noisy laser printer, it's still a great buy.
Updated on Jan 25, 2009
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Elegant & Inexpensive Home Office All-In-One
by tomleonard on March 28, 2011
Pros: Great features - EASY Setup - FAST output - Inexpensive toner cartridges - Easy to figure out without using the manual - Excellent Output quality - Scanner is not just a copier as is the case with many of the low-cost AIO laser printers. I work from a ho
Cons: None so far ... well I still haven't found the secret to duplex printing...so guess I'll have to actually break out the manual to figure that out.
Summary: For use as a home or home office AIO laser...this is a great solution. Of course it would be nice to have the network function, but that's easy ...
Summary: For use as a home or home office AIO laser...this is a great solution. Of course it would be nice to have the network function, but that's easy enough to overcome by sharing the printer from the PC it's connected to via USB cable. My cost to buy this printer and a new toner cartridge was about two refills of my Canon Inkjet AIO (MX870) printer...so I believe this is a superior solution as almost everything I print is black & white output and allows me to save my ink for photo or other print jobs that require color. Simply a hard to beat printing/copying/scanning/faxing solution for home/home office scenarios!!!
Impressive printer! Worth every penny and more!
by rptink on September 28, 2010
Pros: Everything works. Right out of the box. I use both single-side and duplex printing. Scan and fax work beautifully. No problems. I don't have time to deal with printer problems, and this one doesn't give me any.
Cons: Only thing I can think of is that it would be convenient if there were a USB port in front to allow other devices to plug in.
Summary: When I told the owner of a nearby office products repair shop that I was going to buy a new laser printer, he recommended Canon. That influenced my purchase decision, ...
Summary: When I told the owner of a nearby office products repair shop that I was going to buy a new laser printer, he recommended Canon. That influenced my purchase decision, and I am very happy with the Canon MF4350d.
great vaue for home, mac compatible
by ddubbb on February 20, 2010
Pros: good value for $150.
fully mac compatible
Cons: part look kinda cheap, but come to think of it, all printers seem to have cheap components to me.
Summary: i got mine at bestbuy for $150- so far it is fully mac compatible. After installing the drivers from the CD that's included, I downloaded the driver from the ...
Summary: i got mine at bestbuy for $150- so far it is fully mac compatible. After installing the drivers from the CD that's included, I downloaded the driver from the Canon website as well just for good measure. Autoduplex works well (gotta go into "finishing" in print options) and scanning is easy (I use Image Capture- but for some reason you gotta drag your cursor over the image to select a frame before it scans the real, non-preview image)
i don't use the fax option so i don't have any comments there
Best Inkjet replacement until now.
by schenko on February 9, 2010
Pros: Very fast, reliable, double sided printing, multi-page scanning.
Cons: Lot's of potentially breakable plastic parts, toner beep comes on too soon. Scanning software is ok. Bulky. Paper reserve broke easily. No wireless or network input.
Summary: A good reliable printer if you just want to print stuff for school, college, life, work. No fancy printing. It's just fast, accurate and if you can find it ...
Summary: A good reliable printer if you just want to print stuff for school, college, life, work. No fancy printing. It's just fast, accurate and if you can find it at a good price even better. Replaced the first one while the top roller for the ADF scanner stopped working. This one has worked so far (about 1 year).
Works great, priced right
by Comrad1006 on October 29, 2009
Pros: Fast, No paper or software problems
Cons: black and white
Summary: good value
Summary: good value
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Part number: 2711B001
- Description: Enhancing home and small office operation, Canon's imageCLASS MF4350d provides duplex output capabilities for printing, copying and receiving faxes. With this duplexing capability customers will be able to significantly reduce paper consumption by duplex printing documents from a PC, or on incoming faxes. The unit also allows users to copy single-sided pages to double-sided output. Through the device's 35-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF), output is easily duplex printed for a more streamlined office workflow. The MF4350d boasts print and copy speeds of up to 23 pages-per-minute (ppm) for letter-sized output, and delivers Quick First Prints or copy pages in approximately nine seconds. The unit also offers a large paper handling of up to 250 pages in a front loading cassette. The MF4350d device prints sharp monochrome text with resolution up to 1200 x 600 dpi. Through use of the platen glass or the automatic document feeder (ADF) color scans are captured in 24-bit color at an interpolated resolution of up to 9600 dpi. The device also transmits documents seamlessly and quickly with Super G3 fax, reaching speeds of approximately 33.6 Kbps. It features eight one-touch speed dial numbers, 100 coded speed dial numbers, 256-page memory capacity, PC faxing, and two-sided duplex output to provide a robust fax solution in a compact desktop design. The MF4350d also incorporates the Canon single cartridge system, which combines the toner and drum in one easy-to-replace unit, resulting in excellent image quality retention and eliminating the complication and warehousing of separate toner and drum consumables.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Fax / copier / printer / scanner
- Copier Type Digital
- Fax Type Plain paper
- Printing Technology Laser - Monochrome
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 7500 impressions
- PC Connection Availability Yes
- PC Connection USB 2.0
- Standard Memory 32 MB 32 MB
- Max Copying Speed up to 23 ppm
- Max Copying Resolution up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Gray Scale Half-Tones 256
- Max Document Enlargement 200 %
- Max Document Reduction 50 %
- Preset Enlargements 200 %,
- Preset Reductions 64 %,
- Automatic Duplexing Yes
- Copying Features 2 on 1,
- Max Printing Resolution up to 1200 x 600 dpi
- Max Printing Speed up to 23 ppm
- Printer Drivers / Emulations UFRII LT
- Scan Element CIS
- Optical Resolution 600 x 600 dpi
- Interpolated Resolution 9600 x 9600 dpi
- Color Depth 24 bit
- Compatibility Super G3
- Max Transmission Speed 33.6 Kbps
- Fax Resolutions 203 x 391 dpi
- Reception Memory Capacity 256 pages
- PC Faxing Yes
Fax Machine Features
- Features Dual Access,
Answering machine interface,
Distinctive Ring Pattern Detection (DRPD)
Document & Media Handling
- Max Original Size Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Document Feeder Capacity 35 sheets
- Standard Media Capacity 250 sheets
- Document & Media Handling Details ADF - 35 sheets,
Paper cassette - 250 sheets
- Speed Details Copying : up to 23 ppm ( Letter A ),
Printing : up to 23 ppm ( Letter A )
- Interfaces USB 2.0
- Operating System Support Apple Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later,
MS Windows Vista,
Apple Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later,
MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
MS Windows Server 2003
- Software Included Drivers & utilities,
ScanSoft OmniPage SE,
- Power Consumption Operational 630 Watt
- Power Consumption Sleep 3 Watt
- Warm Up Time 10 sec
- First Copy Out Time B/W 9 sec
- Included Accessories Phone cable
- Consumables Included 1 x Cartridge ( Black ) - up to 2000 pages - Canon 104
- Microsoft Certifications Certified for Windows Vista
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Manufacturer Warranty 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 15.4 in
- Depth 21 in
- Height 17.9 in
- Weight 27.6 lbs