Xerox Phaser 6115MFP/N
Manufacturer: Xerox Part number: 6115MFP/N
- Bottom Line:
- The Xerox Phaser 6115MFP/N has the potential to be a great printer, but it falls short in the end. Still, it does some things right, and has a generous feature set. Stock up on patience before using this multifunction laser printer.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/21/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $1,281.81
- Reviewed by: Felisa Yang
- Edited by: Matthew Elliott
- Reviewed on: 02/28/2007
- Released on: 02/12/2007
The good: Decently fast black prints; good overall print quality; built-in networking and fax capability; legal-sized flatbed scanner; ADF included; comprehensive scanning utility; password-protected fax memory.
The bad: Color prints are slow (due to carousel arrangement); toner replacement process is cumbersome (due to carousel arrangement--again); paper handling is inelegant for one-off prints; you get very limited options when initiating scans from the MFP; the control panel and menu are a bit opaque and require a trip to the user guide.
The bottom line: The Xerox Phaser 6115MFP/N has the potential to be a great printer, but it falls short in the end. Still, it does some things right, and has a generous feature set. Stock up on patience before using this multifunction laser printer.
Full-featured but cheaply built. Buy an HP instead.
by jeffsea on September 3, 2008
Pros: Full-featured, built-in email SMTP server for scanning to email, good prints.
Cons: 1. Product feels and acts cheap
2. When one toner cartridge runs out, all the cartridges show empty. Xerox said it may be a bug
3. Found a bug printing Google maps. Took Xerox 6 months to fix the bug in a firmware update.
4. Supplies are expensive
Summary: I'm a systems administrator for a mid-sized company. I bought this printer for my 15-person engineering dept in June, 2007 (15 months ago). Our other 10 various laser printers ...
Summary: I'm a systems administrator for a mid-sized company. I bought this printer for my 15-person engineering dept in June, 2007 (15 months ago). Our other 10 various laser printers are HP, so I wanted an HP for our all-in-one printing/scanning/faxing needs in Engineering. However, we couldn't get our paticular print jobs to work on HP (our problem, not theirs), so I tried my local Xerox dealer. I thought, hey, Xerox is famous for printing, so they must have great products. It turns out that I was mistaken--they are famous for their big commercial printing products, not consumer/small/medium business products.
This printer felt cheap from the get-go, and after 15 months, I'm planning to replace it in my 2009 budget cycle with an HP LaserJet CM2320fxi (I figured out how to solve my problem printing to HP printers). Compared to my HP LaserJet printers (which range from a 1020 to a 9000n), this printer is noticably inferior in quality and general robustness. HP's reputation for making great LaserJet printers is well deserved.
Specifically, the printer has to be rebooted every month or so. Also, after 15 months, it has developed a bad squeek when it prints, though the imaging unit still shows 25%. When I selected this printer, I did correctly size it based on our per-month printing needs.
I find the interface is not logical or friendly. For example, the toner levels are not on the main LCD screen, but have to be searched for. Also, the main LCD screen just has abbreviations, that you either have to guess at or look up.
As a busy systems administrator, I like products that just work (like HP laser printers generally do--you perform the recommended routine maintenance and besides that they run problem free for years and years in my experience). Within the first 15 months I've had to call Xerox tech support twice for firmware bugs and had a service tech come in once for a squeek.
In summary, this is a full-featured but cheaply made printer with a poor LCD interface. Don't bother with this product. Spend a little more up front buying an HP, and recieve a much greater return on your investment over the life of the printer.
Save your money
by Nickatcompunet on August 26, 2008
Pros: Features, Print Quality is good
Cons: Poor build quality - outragious service charges
Summary: Replaced motherboard within one month. Network printing is only good for text, color graphics takes 15-20 minutes then you get a driver error, connecting via USB solves this problem. If ...
Summary: Replaced motherboard within one month. Network printing is only good for text, color graphics takes 15-20 minutes then you get a driver error, connecting via USB solves this problem. If you plan on printing envelopes don't bother they come out wrinkled. Occasional paper jams and the ADF works only when it feels like it. The Imager unit rated at 20,000 imprints died at 8,000. All this happened after the 1 yr warranty expired. Called service and they wanted $365 for the first half hour to come look at it; not repair it mind you, just to look at it. Repair would cost an additional $730 /hr not counting the cost of parts. Called Customer relations and they though the price was reasonable and castigated me for not purchasing the extended service plan. Checked with Xerox and 3yr is the max service plan unless you're buying a very high end unit. I guess they don't want you to fix it after the warranty period ends.
- Manufacturer: Xerox
- Part number: 6115MFP/N
- Description: The Phaser 6115MFP Series multifunction printer is your all-in-one office solution. Easy to use and surprisingly affordable, it delivers the tools you need for fast-paced office productivity - printing, copying, faxing and scanning - in accurate, eye-popping color. Get true-to-life colors that accurately reflect your desired results whether printing, copying, faxing or scanning. A true office-pleaser, the Phaser 6115MFP multifunction printer provides a host of features that make setup a snap and everyday use hassle-free.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Fax / copier / printer / scanner
- Copier Type Digital
- Fax Type Plain paper
- Printing Technology Laser - Color
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 35000 impressions
- PC Connection Availability Yes
- PC Connection LAN,
- Standard Memory 128 MB 128 MB
- Max Supported Memory 128 MB 128 MB
- Max Copying Speed up to 12 ppm (mono) / up to 5 ppm (color)
- Max Copying Resolution up to 600 x 600 dpi (mono) / up to 600 x 600 dpi (color)
- Automatic Duplexing Optional
- Max Printing Resolution up to 2400 x 600 dpi (mono) / up to 2400 x 600 dpi (color)
- Max Printing Speed up to 20 ppm (mono) / up to 5 ppm (color)
- First Print Out Time B/W 14 sec
- First Print Out Time Color 23 min
- Compatibility Super G3
- Max Transmission Speed 33.6 Kbps
- Data Compression System MH,
Fax Machine Features
- Features Fax forwarding,
Document & Media Handling
- Min Original Size 5.5 in x 5.83 in
- Max Original Size Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Original Type Sheets,
- Document Feeder Capacity 50 sheets
- Max Media Size Legal Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Min Media Weight 60 g/m2
- Max Media Weight 200 g/m2
- Supported Media Type Labels,
- Standard Media Capacity 200 sheets
- Max Media Capacity 700 sheets
- Output Trays Capacity 100 sheets
- Document & Media Handling Details ADF - 50 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in),
Input tray - 200 sheets - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m2 - 200 g/m2,
Output tray - 100 sheets
- Speed Details Copying : up to 12 ppm - B/W,
Copying : up to 5 ppm - Color,
Printing : up to 5 ppm - Color,
Printing : up to 20 ppm - B/W,
Scanning : up to 43 ppm ( A4 ) - B/W
- Interfaces 1,
1 x USB,
- Operating System Support MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
MS Windows Vista,
MS Windows Server 2003,
Apple Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- Software Included Drivers & utilities,
Xerox CentreWare IS Embedded Web Server
- Power AC 110/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 450 Watt
- Power Consumption Standby 250 Watt
- Power Consumption Sleep 28 Watt
- First Copy Out Time B/W 14 sec
- First Copy Out Time Color 23 sec
- Compliant Standards ICES-003 Class B,
EN55022 Class B,
CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-03,
FCC Class B certified,
FCC Part 68,
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Manufacturer Warranty 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year - On-site
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 20.8 in
- Depth 23 in
- Height 20.9 in
- Weight 72.8 lbs
- Sound Emission 35 dB (idle) / 53 dB (operating)
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 89.6 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 15 - 80%