Xerox WorkCentre PE120i - multifunction ( fax / copier / printer / scanner ) ( B/W )
Manufacturer: Xerox Part number: PE120I
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 3 reviews
- Copy. Print. Scan. Fax. The Xerox WorkCentre PE120/PE120i packs robust multifunction capabilities into a compact, convenient package - scaled perfectly for the single user, or a small network office. It provides a full range of powerful features, yet is exceptionally easy to use. And best of all, it's very affordable.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/01/2014
Pros: Good print quality, fast, easy to scan with a USB key, ...
Cons: We are not able to receive fax if someone pickup a phone that isn't connected in the EXT jack...
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Not as a Xerox should behave
by loxalot on January 23, 2008
Pros: Fast quality printing, Networking, large paper capacity
Cons: no network fax, paper feed problems, loud, power hog
Summary: I've had this machine for almost 2 years and from the first month I had problems with the auto paper feed tray on the top of the machine. It ...
Summary: I've had this machine for almost 2 years and from the first month I had problems with the auto paper feed tray on the top of the machine. It would sometimes work but mostly it did not. I was promised on-site warranty service for one year and after I called (2 weeks after getting it) about the problem, they said they would come but never did, even after my countless calls. And Xerox didn't help either. While this is an issue with the dealer, it should have worked from the start so I shouldn't have had to call the dealer. If I load one page into the feeder to fax or copy it pulls it in but then stops half way and jams so I have to start over. If I used more than one page, it does the same thing but sometimes it will pull all but the last page in before it has an issue, then I have to restart - again. I've found I must always lift the scanner lid and scan each page to fax or copy one at a time. This is not why I paid almost $700 for a Xerox.
The network feature is nice unless you use a Mac. They say it's Mac compatible but it can take up to 20 minutes from the time you tell your Mac to print until it actually starts printing - and I don't have it set to spool. My PC printing is quick but you have to be careful. If you print something while the printer is in energy save then send something else (I'm talking 1 or 2 pages) to que while it's warming up, it will lose the second and every subsequent print job. Sometimes this happens when it's printing something as well so it's best to wait until it's done printing the first job before giving it more to print. There is no network fax which I find stupid and annoying. I don't need to print what I must fax, I only need to fax it. I don't need to waste paper, toner and power just to fax. If I connect it to my PC via USB, the PC fax feature would not work (as I was told it was supposed to do).
Scanning to PC is fine but slow. Scanning to Mac - forget it. The quality of the scanner is great, once it's finally done. I had better luck with my bothersome Brother which I trashed after getting this one - bad idea.
I like being able to print both sides of a page but with this machine you have to print one side then flip the pages over and place into the front feed to print the other side. This is supposed to be a business machine not a 'waste my time' one. The front feed is nice for those odd pages like labels that are only used on occasion or colored paper that one might use for special print applications.
Can't print or fax from USB memory? Why not. That doesn't make sense. Why even have the USB connection in the front?
It does hold over half a pack of paper which is nice and even though I don't have it, the secondary tray is a nice feature for those that print using different mediums. This is the first printer I've had that printed as quick as I needed it to - once it's warmed up. If you don't print a lot but need fast printing, don't get a laser or don't set yours to energy save.
While this machine is running it is quite loud. Not jet engine loud but louder than most small offices would want, unless you have an unused padded cubical to keep it in.
Replacement toner is expensive at $120 and while if you calculated the per page expense that is cheap, spending over $100 at a whop can be quite taxing on a small business.
It has some nice features like zoom in and out, multi faxing, toner saver, fax number speed dial and adjustable print quality.
I thought after using a Brother previous to this that a Xerox was the best option for my business. I know better now.
GREAT FAST MONEY SAVINGS
by jklosterman on July 30, 2005
Pros: Affordable printer, fast, ADF works well
Cons: Sharing line w/DSL and voice not easy for me
Summary: I got SO tired of feeding inkjets.. this is my first laser and I LOVE IT.. had it for about 5 months now and it has already paid for itself.. ...
Summary: I got SO tired of feeding inkjets.. this is my first laser and I LOVE IT.. had it for about 5 months now and it has already paid for itself.. I print about 500 sheets a month.
- Manufacturer: Xerox
- Part number: PE120I
- Description: Copy. Print. Scan. Fax. The Xerox WorkCentre PE120/PE120i packs robust multifunction capabilities into a compact, convenient package - scaled perfectly for the single user, or a small network office. It provides a full range of powerful features, yet is exceptionally easy to use. And best of all, it's very affordable.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Fax / copier / printer / scanner
- Copier Type Digital
- Fax Type Plain paper
- Printing Technology Laser - Monochrome
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max) 15000 impressions
- PC Connection Availability Yes
- PC Connection LAN,
- Standard Memory 32 MB 32 MB
- Max Supported Memory 160 MB 160 MB
- Max Copying Speed up to 20 ppm
- Max Copying Resolution up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Max Document Enlargement 400 %
- Max Document Reduction 25 %
- Maximum Copies 99
- Max Printing Resolution up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Max Printing Speed up to 20 ppm
- Printer Drivers / Emulations PCL 6,
- Optical Resolution 600 x 1200 dpi
- Interpolated Resolution 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Gray Scale Depth 8 bit
- Color Depth 24 bit
- Compatibility Super G3
- Max Transmission Speed 33.6 Kbps
- Data Compression System MH,
- Fax Resolutions 203 x 98 dpi,
203 x 196 dpi,
203 x 146 dpi,
300 x 300 dpi,
200 x 200 dpi
- Total Memory Capacity 320 pages
- Fax Printing Resolution 300 x 300 dpi
Fax Machine Features
- Error Correction Mode (ECM) Yes
Document & Media Handling
- Original Type Sheets
- Document Feeder Capacity 50 sheets
- Min Media Size 3.9 in x 5.8 in
- Max Media Size Legal Legal (8.5 in x 14 in)
- Min Media Weight 60 g/m2
- Supported Media Type Labels,
- Standard Media Capacity 250 sheets
- Max Media Capacity 500 sheets
- Bypass Feeder Capacity 50 sheets
- Output Trays Capacity 150 sheets
- Document & Media Handling Details ADF - 50 sheets,
Input tray - 250 sheets size: 3.9 in x 5.8 in - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m2 - 90 g/m2,
Bypass tray - 50 sheets size: 3 in x 5 in - Legal (8.5 in x 14 in) weight: 60 g/m2 - 163 g/m2,
Output tray - 150 sheets
- Speed Details Copying : up to 20 ppm ( A4 ),
Printing : up to 20 ppm ( A4 ),
Copying : up to 22 ppm ( Letter A ),
Printing : up to 22 ppm ( Letter A )
- Interfaces USB 2.0,
- Network Protocols DLC/LLC,
- Operating System Support MS Windows ME,
MS Windows 98,
MS Windows XP,
MS Windows 2000,
MS Windows NT 4.0,
MS Windows Server 2003
- Power ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 400 Watt
- Power Consumption Sleep 19 Watt
- First Copy Out Time B/W 10 sec
- Microsoft Certifications Works with Windows Vista
- Compliant Standards UL,
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 17.7 in
- Depth 17.1 in
- Height 18 in