Apple MacBook Pro with Retina display - 15.4" - Core i7 - OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion - 8 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD
Manufacturer: Apple Part number: MC976LL/A
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 4 reviews
- Apple wanted this MacBook Pro to have a screen as vivid as your imagination. A screen where everything you see is remarkably vibrant, detailed, and sharp. What was created was the world's high-resolution notebook display - and their most jaw-dropping Retina display yet. When you pack over 5-million pixels into a 15.4-inch display, the results are positively stunning. ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Once you know, you Newegg!|| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/09/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 02/09/2014
GOOD LAPTOP-Screen & performance are good, fair battery
by zackeryst on January 20, 2014
Pros: The retina screen is excellent. The performance is fast and consistent in games, adobe cc & built-in apps. Portable, attractive. Convenient HDMI, SD card & TB ports. 5-6 hour battery life if light apps are used.
Cons: Battery life using intensive apps at 3/4 brightness (games/adobe premiere pro) 30-60 mins. Boot camp battery is 25-45 mins MAX. 3 USB ports would have been ideal (ext. mouse, keyboard, usb flash drive). I have also had a dead pixel (info in summary).
Summary: Even though this laptop is nearly a year and a half old from release, it is still an exceptional laptop. I had a "top of the line" new macbook air ...
Summary: Even though this laptop is nearly a year and a half old from release, it is still an exceptional laptop. I had a "top of the line" new macbook air for about 30 days (then returned) before i got this, and I believe the price difference was worth it, as I would have had to get a new laptop soon had I kept the air. APPLE CARE is a must! I had 2 dead pixels about 3 months after purchase, and the cost to replace was $600 CAD, which Apple replaced at their expense, (I had to pay for my replacement screen & body protectors though). Estimated repair wait was 20-30 days (during sept.) but their in-store technician had a screen in stock and had it repaired the day after.
I'm a long time apple user, so far not impressed...
by Mathieu1322 on September 5, 2012
Pros: The screen is absolutely stunning
I LOVE how zippy it is with the flash memory
Ooodles of power for everyday needs
Probably the best laptop ever made
Cons: The ONLY thing keeping this from being a glowing 5-star review is the fact that many people, (including myself) are having a lot of problems with Image Retention on the new screens.
Summary: I love apple products, and my whole line-up of technology has been apple ever since I started university. My old white macbook is still running strong from 2006, and I'...
Summary: I love apple products, and my whole line-up of technology has been apple ever since I started university. My old white macbook is still running strong from 2006, and I'm still impressed by its ability to get stuff done. That being said, I was very excited to finally upgrade to the new Retina Display. Within 2 hours of opening it I began to experience problems with my screen. My specific problem which caused me to return it to the store was the appearance of a bright thick line of pink stuck pixels running vertically down the center of the screen. Many other people are having issues with Image Retention with LG manufactured screens. If you don't believe me, come read about it one the applecare forums here:
I really want to purchase another Retina Display, and will definitely do so as soon as this issue is resolved. Just wanted to bring awareness to other people that might not know, or have LG monitors that may begin to act up in the near future.
Still love apple, and can't wait until they fix this widespread problem.
MacBook Pro with Retina Display is the champion laptop!
by beatmakerei on August 12, 2012
Pros: Fantastic display clarity. Fast OSX. Mountain Lion is awesome and Apple does it again with most included apps and 3rd party apps running lightning fast. Nice slim body,sleek design. Love the SD card slot and pair of Thunderbolt ports. Insanely quiet!
Cons: No CD/DVD slot, but the app store to the rescue. No Ethernet port. No Firewire(400 or 800)for those who need it. Flash capacities should have been larger since there's no hard drive. Other than that, AWESOME!!!
Summary: This is my first MacBook Pro and I'm glad I waited. The new design, display, and technology blows away the competition! They will follow, or try to follow Apples ...
Summary: This is my first MacBook Pro and I'm glad I waited. The new design, display, and technology blows away the competition! They will follow, or try to follow Apples lead, you can be sure of that. I love it. It's an amazing piece of machinery yes indeed. If you have the money get it and you won't be dissappointed.
Retina looks outstanding and exceptional!!
by angelanais on June 29, 2012
Pros: Of Course.. Retina Display. slim look. Fast processor, fast SSD. Applications looks gorgeous.
Cons: Falls on the pricey side. Other than price... nothing else, at least for me.
Summary: I got my Macbook PRO with Retina yesterday and played for couple hours with it. The display is outstanding and clear. Much less reflective than the previous models. The weight ...
Summary: I got my Macbook PRO with Retina yesterday and played for couple hours with it. The display is outstanding and clear. Much less reflective than the previous models. The weight is perfect for your lap. Maybe not to carry all day like you Ipad but still less heavy than other laptops.
I download a free benchmark software I founded in the App Store (can't recall the name of the app) and it score 1167, way above to similar laptops scoring 600-800, and compared to scores near Mac Pros (apple desktops).
I'm not a video editor expert but I occasionally film personal events with an HD camcorder and create DVDs to share with my family. With my previous Macbook pro it was a simple process but take a while since it was one of the first uni-body model (not very fast). I will test it during the next days and see how fast it go.
One negative comment...the power cord looks heavy and bulky compare to the refine look of the laptop. Also the transformer (the white box between the power cord) is bigger and heavier than previous models.
If you have the extra money to expend, go for it and buy the retina display. You will not be disappointed. It is a beautiful piece of engineering and perform like a desktop.
- Manufacturer: Apple
- Part number: MC976LL/A
- Description: Apple wanted this MacBook Pro to have a screen as vivid as your imagination. A screen where everything you see is remarkably vibrant, detailed, and sharp. What was created was the world's high-resolution notebook display - and their most jaw-dropping Retina display yet. When you pack over 5-million pixels into a 15.4-inch display, the results are positively stunning. The pixel density is so high, your eyes can't discern individual pixels. Images take on a high level of realism and text is pin sharp. And with a 2880-by-1800 resolution, you can see more of your high-resolution images onscreen with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. So your best ideas can become your best work. When your goal is to build the high-performance notebook of the future, you begin at its foundation. For this MacBook Pro, that foundation was flash. Because when you build a notebook around an all-flash architecture, not only is everything more durable, reliable, and battery efficient - everything is fast. Really, really fast. A long battery life is impressive for any notebook. But for a high-performance notebook with an ultra-high-resolution display, top-of-the-line processors and graphics, and a superslim design, it's absolutely remarkable. The built-in battery gives you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles. Which means you can put your MacBook Pro to sleep, and it'll come back on instantly - after a day, a week, or even a month. Thin and light, this notebook is designed to go anywhere - including places with less-than-stellar lighting. A built-in sensor detects changes in ambient light and adjusts the keyboard brightness automatically. So you're never left in the dark.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- System Type Notebook
- Operating System Apple OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Notebook type Ultrathin
Processor / Chipset
- CPU Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
- Max Turbo Speed 3.6 GHz
- Number of Cores Quad-Core
- Cache L3 cache - 6 MB
- 64-bit Computing Yes
- Features Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0,
Integrated memory controller,
- RAM 8 GB
- Max RAM Supported 16 GB
- Technology DDR3L SDRAM
- Speed 1600 MHz / PC3-12800
- Hard Drive 512 GB SSD
- Optical Drive None
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 95 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 0 - 90% (non-condensing)
- Type 15.4 in - IPS
- LCD Backlight Technology LED backlight
- Max Resolution 2880 x 1800
- Widescreen Yes
Audio & Video
- Multi-GPU Configuration 1 single GPU card / integrated GPU
- Graphics Processor NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M / Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 1 GB GDDR5 SDRAM
- Camera Yes
- Capture Resolutions 1280 x 720
- Sound Stereo speakers , Microphone
- Type Backlit keyboard,
- Keyboard Layout English
- Features Ambient light sensor,
- Wireless 802.11n,
- Technology Lithium polymer
- Capacity 95 Wh
- Run Time 7 hour(s)
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Output 85 Watt
Connections & Expansion
- Interfaces 2 x USB 3.0,
2 x Thunderbolt,
- Memory Card Reader Card reader ( SDHC Memory Card ),
( SDXC Memory Card ),
( SD Memory Card )
- Software Included Apple iCal,
Drivers & Utilities,
Apple Address Book,
Apple Mac App Store,
Apple Mission Control,
Apple Time Machine,
Apple Quick Look,
Apple Mac OS X Mail,
Apple Auto Save,
- Case Material Aluminum
- Localization English
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 14.1 in
- Depth 9.7 in
- Height 0.7 in
- Weight 4.5 lbs
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year,
Technical support - Phone consulting - 90 days
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- EPEAT Compliant EPEAT Gold
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 4.6
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 4.5
Specs: Intel 3rd Gen Core i7 2.3 GHz ( Quad-Core ),
( 3.4 GHz ),
Apple OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion,
15.6 in TFT active matrix,
2880 x 1800,
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M / Intel HD Graphics 4000,
Specs: Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz ( 3.6 GHz ) ( Quad-Core ),
Apple OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion,
15.4 in IPS,
2880 x 1800,
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M / Intel HD Graphics 4000,