HP Pavilion dv7-3180us Entertainment - 17.3" - Core i7 720QM - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - 6 GB RAM - 640 GB HDD
Manufacturer: HP Part number: WA718UA#ABA
- Rebate amount: $50
Exp. date: 1/26/2013
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 4 reviews
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $25!
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 06/19/2013
Great laptop for the price!
by Irish_Shamrock on February 11, 2010
Pros: i7-720 processor is fast and with 6GB of memory does not slow with numerous programs processing concurrently. Startup is fast with laptop and Windows 7 (upgraded Profl). Downloads of thousands of lines to Excel or Access are within seconds.
Cons: Windows 7 Home Premiun upgraded to Pro so I can get XP module to interface with older servers. Sporadically Internet Explorer locks up may be a Windows 7 problem not laptop. No carrying case included. Battery life is about 2.5 hours, 4 hrs spec.
Summary: I like the HP product because Staples had a $150 sale savings and $50 rebate for a net price of $1249.98. Looked at Dell comparible units for $1900&...
Summary: I like the HP product because Staples had a $150 sale savings and $50 rebate for a net price of $1249.98. Looked at Dell comparible units for $1900&up. Searched for i7-620m dual core processor that is turbo to 3.33hz; but had a very big price tag. The i7-720QM Quad 1.66GHZ with turbo to 2.80GHZ is plenty fast. Windows 7 takes advantage of 6GB of memory unlike Windows XP on my old laptop, the processor cache must help, and 64bit must help with software that can take advantage.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
by blp4510 on March 6, 2011
Pros: I was looking for a laptop that would play any game I wanted to play on it. I have had this laptop now for over a year and have had no major problems.
Cons: I didn't care for the smooth keys on the keyboard. They are slippery to try to type with. That's the reason for the 4.5 rating.
Summary: All in all this is a great laptop. I would recommend this to a freind.
I would say buy a cooling pad for it also. It does run on the ...
Summary: All in all this is a great laptop. I would recommend this to a freind.
I would say buy a cooling pad for it also. It does run on the hot side. Spend the money to buy a good one.
Laptop was DEAD out of the box
by zisky68 on November 4, 2010
Pros: The system was light and should have been a powerhouse I loaded it with 8G, 1TB, 1G ATI HD5650 card. The screen was nice and big. BUT IY DIDNT WORK! HP could not process my exchange properly and left me with no choice but to cancel for a refund.
Cons: I can?t tell you much, it never worked.
Summary: Avoid HP products unless they improve there customer service. If you purchase a systme and it arrives dead, shouldnt the company try even harder to help you rectify the situation? ...
Summary: Avoid HP products unless they improve there customer service. If you purchase a systme and it arrives dead, shouldnt the company try even harder to help you rectify the situation? Instead I was given the run around by an outsourced call center and could not even get the product exchanges without waiting a month. HP fails in customer service and produclt quality, PURCHASE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Customer service is abysmal. Call center is in the Philippines and they could not understand me.
After I gave them the FedEx tracking number they wanted to file a claim against FedEx, when I showed it was already delivered?
Good, but not perfect.
by whitepawn23 on July 25, 2010
Pros: Great all-in-one laptop. Blu-ray. Picture. Ports availability. Gaming capable with graphics cranked up. Decent memory base for storage @500GB.
Cons: Overheating issues (lol). Tech support only available in thick Indian accents. Screen randomly goes black, only way to reset is with the power key. Tech support phone/forums claim the screen bit is a 'known issue' with no resolution at this time.
Summary: --Display is lovely. Crisp, clear, good color, no delays (unless your machine is overheating...) Blu-ray, HDTV, Movies, games, all great. Word processing is lovely as well. Like I said, great ...
Summary: --Display is lovely. Crisp, clear, good color, no delays (unless your machine is overheating...) Blu-ray, HDTV, Movies, games, all great. Word processing is lovely as well. Like I said, great multipurpose, all-in-one laptop.
--Supports my gaming with the graphics cranked up: DragonAge, CivIV, RE5, Assassins Creed II, WoW, DDO, Sims3, etc. Can play iTunes just fine while running the games with the graphics cranked up.
--Good memory base @500GB to support a big iTunes, multiple games, movie storage, etc.
--Widescreen, with wide keyboard, complete with numberpad.
--Craptastic tech support. I admit, I'm a cracker, with very little experience in interpreting words through thick accents. Being annoyed by a computer issue does not create the best mindset for learning. My tech support sessions by phone (to discuss the aforementioned monitor issue) have ended with the tech support agent(s) shouting at me in frustration after being asked to repeat a sentence for the eighth time. Apparently, volume increases an listener's ability to understand words through a thick accent, and never makes an accent even thicker and more difficult to understand. Asking for a native English or Spanish speaker doesn't produce results.
--Decent port availability. I can connect the iphone, an external mouse, and a jumpdrive at the same time.
--Initially, overheating was only an issue after ~5hrs of hard gaming. Now, it will heat up after a single movie or even just while running word processing. Sometimes, I can leave the laptop closed, all applications shut down, and it will shut itself off due to overheating. I've had the laptop for 6 months. The vent is clear and unclogged, the fan is working. Tech support says it's a known issue blowing right past the fact that the overheating issue wasn't there for the first four months of use (unless I'd been gaming for 5hrs.)
--Finding an off-the-shelf bag to fit the widescreen laptop is a challenge.
--Battery life is about 3hrs while watching a movie, about 3.5 while playing iTunes.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part number: WA718UA#ABA
- Description: The power to entertain! The 17.3-inch HP Pavilion dv7-3100 Entertainment Notebook combines sophisticated design outside with latest processor technology inside.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- System Type Notebook
- Recommended Use Home use
- OS Provided Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Notebook type Blu-ray drive ,
- Wireless capabilities Bluetooth,
Processor / Chipset
- CPU Intel Core i7 i7-720QM / 1.6 GHz
- Max Turbo Speed 2.8 GHz
- Number of Cores Quad-Core
- Cache L2 cache - 6 MB
- 64-bit Computing Yes
- Chipset Mobile Intel HM55 Express
- Features Intel Turbo Boost Technology,
- RAM 6 GB ( 1 x 4 GB + 1 x 2 GB )
- Max RAM Supported 8 GB
- Technology DDR3 SDRAM
- Speed 1333 MHz / PC3-10600
- Form Factor SO DIMM 204-pin
- Slots Qty 2
- Empty Slots 0
- Floppy Drive None
- Hard Drive 640 GB HDD / 5400 rpm
- Interface Serial ATA-150
- Storage Removable None
- Optical Drive DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM / BD-ROM
- Optical Drive (2nd) None
- Hard drive type Portable
- Environmental standards EPA Energy Star
- Type 17.3 in
- LCD Backlight Technology LED backlight
- Max Resolution 1600 x 900 ( HD+ )
- Widescreen Yes
- Image Aspect Ratio 16:9
- Features BrightView
Audio & Video
- Graphics Processor NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M - 1 GB
- Total Available Graphics Memory 2815 MB
- Camera Yes
- Sound Microphone
- Type Keyboard,
- Wireless Bluetooth,
- Network Interface Gigabit Ethernet
- Technology 8-cell Lithium ion
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Output 120 Watt , 18.5 V , 6.5 A
Connections & Expansion
- Slots 1 x ExpressCard/54 ( 1 free )
- Interfaces 3 x USB 2.0,
2 x Headphone output,
- Memory Card Reader 5 in 1 card reader ( xD-Picture Card ),
( SD Memory Card ),
( Memory Stick PRO ),
( Memory Stick ),
( MultiMediaCard )
- Software Included Adobe Flash Player,
CyberLink DVD Suite,
Norton Internet Security 2009 (60 days subscription),
HP Webcam Software,
Windows Live Messenger,
Windows Live Mail,
Windows Live Writer,
HP MediaSmart Suite,
Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Microsoft Office Preloaded Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.
- Color High-gloss black
- Features Security lock slot (cable lock sold separately) ,
K-lock security slot
- Included Accessories Remote control
- Localization English / United States
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 16.3 in
- Depth 10.9 in
- Height 1.7 in
- Weight 7.7 lbs
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - Parts and labor - 1 year
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- EPEAT Compliant EPEAT Silver
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2011) 5.9
- Greenpeace policy rating (Nov 2012) 5.7
- HP Drive Key USB flash drive - 2 GB (34557686)72.03 - 78.06
- HP DiskOnKey USB flash drive - 128 MB (30400868)25.99
- Action Sport Drives Birdhouse SkateDrive Ptero - USB flash drive - 16 GB (35141986)17.99 - 19.99
- HP Bluetooth PC Card Mouse mouse (32160381)25.00 - 41.99
- HP Bluetooth ExpressCard Mouse mouse (34025288)27.99
- Cooler Master CM Storm Spawn mouse (34580173)27.97 - 44.99
- Cisco Linksys E4200 v2 Maximum Performance Dual-Band N900 router (35098697)149.99 - 216.92
- Asus RT-N56U Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless-N Router (34200558)115.24 - 143.89
- ASUS RT-N12 B1 - wireless router - none - 802.11b/g/n - desktop (35025047)39.99 - 70.00
- ASUS WL-330N - wireless router - 802.11b/g/n - desktop (35224227)
- Belkin N300 Wireless N Router - wireless router - none - 802.11b/g/n - desktop (34859949)38.35 - 39.99
- Belkin N750 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router - wireless router - 802.11 a/b/g/n - desktop (35190485)99.09 - 149.66
- Belkin N900 Dual-Band Wireless Router - wireless router - 802.11n - desktop (35262637)195.99 - 299.34
- Cisco 881 Fast Ethernet Security Router supporting EVDO/1xRTT - router - cellular modem - 802.11b/g/n (draft 2.0) - desktop (35026157)886.99 - 907.99
- CradlePoint CBR400 Compact Broadband Router - wireless router - 802.11b/g/n - desktop (34846899)190.45 - 216.40