Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
Manufacturer: Microsoft Part number: 588-02636
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 3 reviews
- Solve the challenges of running a small business with Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003, the personal and business productivity solution. Use this collection of familiar, integrated, and easy-to-use programs to help manage customers and sales opportunities more effectively, create impressive sales and marketing materials in-house, and handle e-mail messages and share information efficiently and more securely. Here are the ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Discount Mountain|| || In stock |
Ships Free Today!
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/28/2014
CNET editors' take
Good but expensive for what it is
by Adrian Hollister on September 13, 2005
Pros: It works and looks nice
Cons: Far too expensive
Summary: This is one of those typical MS products at the moment. The look and feel has improved, but I just can't see any other changes. OK, the UI has ...
Summary: This is one of those typical MS products at the moment. The look and feel has improved, but I just can't see any other changes. OK, the UI has been tweaked and there are some nice graphics, pop-up's, and it does feel modern. I just can't help thinking that I'm paying a lot for not a lot.
I'm sure this sounds a little strange, but given that Open Office is free, I have difficulty justifying to myself why I would want to spend over $200 per desktop on a product that does the same thing.
Effectively it's a tariff of $200 per desktop in a small business to buy a product that comes with limited support. So that's $200 for some support? That's a lot of money for a small business which goes to mitigate part of the risk of owning the product.
My experience of every MS helpdesk call that I have made involves close-reboot-reload cycles and the odd check-the-web comment. But it does seem that experience is what MS are praying on here. If you have no experience, no IT departments, and no-one to call on for advise, then you follow the MS marketing blurb forcing you to need Office 2003.
It's quite an effective policy (after all most Outlook users are there 'by default' and not through choice).
In summary though, if you compare this to Open Office you would have to say that it looks better than Open Office, and I'm sure if you were to dig heavily into the nuts and bolts you would find a greater depth of product with Office 2003. It is expensive though and for small businesses it may appear to be the only product out there.
2 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
My office solution at Zoom Remote Technology.
by ZRT on January 2, 2006
Pros: Most prefered office software solution out there today
Cons: too expensive, needs to be updated more often, needs more templates, too many versions of Office and too many pricing options
Summary: In my opinion I think that Microsoft has done a good job with Office for small business. It has everything that I need but it priced a little too high ...
Summary: In my opinion I think that Microsoft has done a good job with Office for small business. It has everything that I need but it priced a little too high in my estimation. Looking forward to seeing and using the new version of Office in 2006.
Better look and feel than Xp
Pros: Far better look in Outlook. More data and easier to read on one screen. I like the read format in Word. I have only had it installed for two days but so far I like it.
Cons: Expensive, very little printed documentation.
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Part number: 588-02636
- Description: Solve the challenges of running a small business with Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003, the personal and business productivity solution. Use this collection of familiar, integrated, and easy-to-use programs to help manage customers and sales opportunities more effectively, create impressive sales and marketing materials in-house, and handle e-mail messages and share information efficiently and more securely. Here are the top 10 reasons to upgrade to Office Small Business Edition 2003. Track your business contact information in one familiar place. Use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager, an add-on to Outlook 2003, to have one place to manage all your business contact information and track key information about sales opportunities, accounts, and individual business contacts. This single-user contact management solution can help you take full advantage of Outlook 2003, the contact and e-mail program you already use. Manage sales leads and opportunities. Stay on top of opportunities and maximize sales potential by more effectively tracking leads using Business Contact Manager. Create a contact page containing essential information for every business opportunity; set reminders, rules or alerts to follow up; and store other data as the relationship evolves. Create and publish impressive sales and marketing materials. Microsoft Office Publisher 2003, the business publishing and marketing solution, makes it easy to create compelling sales and marketing publications for print, Web, and e-mail. Promote your business with professional-quality newsletters, brochures, Web sites, marketing e-mail messages, catalogs, and other materials that you can create in-house. Build publications from a database. Use the Catalog Merge Wizard in Publisher 2003 to create a new publication or update text and images in a merged publication with just a few clicks. The wizard merges images and text from a data source - such as Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access - to build a publication. It's a great tool for creating catalogs, price lists, address books, directories, datasheets, and other publications that get updated frequently. Efficiently connect with your customers online. Use Publisher 2003 to easily and cost effectively create and send attractive e-mail publications or newsletters that look great whether your recipient is using Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, or other popular e-mail clients. Give your business a Web presence with the new Easy Web Site Builder wizard and dozens of other Web enhancements. Create multimedia business presentations. Create compelling multimedia presentations with streaming audio and video using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003, included in Office Small Business Edition 2003. Expand your multimedia capabilities and create more compelling results using playback controls, a wide range of static and streaming audio and video formats, and full-screen video presentations during slide shows. Publish your presentation to the Web or copy it onto a CD using the Package for CD feature. Handle e-mail messages more efficiently. Handle messages more efficiently and respond to changing business conditions more quickly with enhanced Outlook 2003 e-mail capabilities. Improvements such as the larger reading area, Mail Desktop Alert, Quick Flags, and Search Folders can help you spend less time reading, organizing, searching for, and responding to e-mail messages. Help increase security and privacy while reducing junk e-mail messages and viruses. Increased security measures in Outlook 2003 - such as blocking incoming messages that may contain viruses, blocking Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) images to prevent e-mail address validation, and improved rules to reduce junk e-mail messages - can help reduce the time you spend managing e-mail messages. Access templates, clip art, training courses, and how-to articles. Microsoft Office Online provides time-saving and helpful tools and resources, including how-to articles, training, templates, clip art, and product updates. Employees and managers can get the help they need to increase productivity and get maximum impact from Office Small Business Edition 2003 and other Microsoft Office System products. Support information sharing - internally and with partners. Improve teaming, partnering, and project visibility with shared workspaces - created from programs in Microsoft Office 2003 Editions and based on Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services. These collaboration Web sites provide centralized workspaces where virtual teams can work together in real time to share, modify, and review files.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Category Office applications
- Subcategory Office applications - office suite
- Language(s) English
- License pricing Standard
- Localization English
- License Type Complete package
- Software Suite Components Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager,
- License Qty 1 user
- License Pricing Standard
- Platform Windows
- Distribution Media CD-ROM
- Package Type Retail
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3 or later,
Microsoft Windows XP or later
- Min Processor Type Intel Pentium - 233 MHz
- Min RAM Size 128 MB
- Min Hard Drive Space 380 MB
- Peripheral / Interface Devices CD-ROM,
- System Requirements Details Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3 - Pentium - 233 MHz - RAM 128 MB - HD 380 MB,
Microsoft Windows XP - Pentium - 233 MHz - RAM 128 MB - HD 380 MB