Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC)
Manufacturer: Electronic Arts Inc. Part number: 19036
- Set in the near future, the Battlefield: Bad Company single-player campaign drops gamers behind enemy lines as part of a squad of four soldiers - risking it all to go AWOL on a personal quest. Featuring a dramatic storyline flavored with attitude, Battlefield: Bad Company leads gamers far from the traditional frontlines on a wild ride with a group of ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/29/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 08/28/2014
Gamespot editors' review
Bad Company 2 - Does it live up to it's Rival, MW2?
by UNSKIALz on February 26, 2010
Pros: Graphics are superb. Enviornments range from snowy wonderlands to Exotic jungles. Controls have been improved. Single player is brilliant and engaging, as is the Multiplayer. Extremely addictive and certainly lives up to it's rival, Modern Warfare 2.
Cons: Multiplayer matches last a little too long and therefore gets a little repetetive, still great fun though. Would have liked a little bit more customisation too.These complaints are small compared to the great time you will have playing this game.
Summary: I have devised a table, and this will represent aspects which I look for in FPSs (First Person Shooters) and it will ultimately decide what game is worth buying if ...
Summary: I have devised a table, and this will represent aspects which I look for in FPSs (First Person Shooters) and it will ultimately decide what game is worth buying if you are trying to decide between MW2 and BC2.
MP O O
BC2 = 6/7 MW2 = 2/7
Well, it's decided! Bad Company 2 beats MW2! Well Done DICE!
2 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
Excellent Game! A Must Have!
by KozmoK on September 14, 2011
Pros: I have collected all the Battlefield series games... This is far more realistic. The Maps are HUGE!
Cons: Too many hackers in this game. In order to keep up, you will need one yourself. I use www.rentacheat.com
Excellent game, Not enough maps
by 1730dtla on August 19, 2010
Pros: Graphics are beautiful, gameplay is brilliant in keeping with BF tradition. Beautiful, destructable environments and excellent squad play support.
Cons: Like 7 maps across 3 different game modes, no commander mode, smaller maps than BF2, smaller servers (32 max a la CoD4:MW).
Summary: I ran BC2 with a 3.0GHz Phenom II x4 (Deneb [c3]), 4GB, 1GB Radeon 5800, 2x Velociraptor (raid 0) and I've got high speed cable (pseudo fiber from ...
Summary: I ran BC2 with a 3.0GHz Phenom II x4 (Deneb [c3]), 4GB, 1GB Radeon 5800, 2x Velociraptor (raid 0) and I've got high speed cable (pseudo fiber from Cox). I have no connection or lag issues. That means the game is fine, but it requires some hardware love and the BF series has always been connection dependent. So be warned.
That said, the game was beautiful and exciting but came with very few maps. EA tried to placate whiney purchasers of the game who balked at the size of the map queue by releasing "map packs" comprised of.....the same maps, just opened in different map modes. (You can now play maps designed specifically for Rush mode in Conquest mode *smirk*). Trifling. So it got so boring after a while, I just deinstalled it.
This BF installment borrowed a little from CoD:MW because people didn't like the maps being too large for them to play a solo game without depending on teamwork for transport.
They've done a lot to address teamplay; the squad system is TIGHT. Squad communication, everything...gone is the com flower or whatever that used to be. Good riddance.
The biggest problem is boredom. And now that they've opened and modified maps for use across game modes, I find that some of them just don't WORK in other modes. You get the feeling that EA just wanted to shut someone up already. I have the feeling that they're working on a way to charge for maps with DLC and a lot of attention is being paid to the console "market". Something.
Anyway....the single player wasn't of much interest to me but I'm not the single player type.
Groundbreaking and current best FPS!
by Mushroomheadbangers on May 30, 2010
Pros: BF BC2 is absolutely astonishing in almost all aspects. The graphics are superb, gameplay is fair and exciting, the environments are vast and well designed, single player is a blast, and online play is addicting and fun! Exceeds COD and my exceptions
Cons: The Team-Play factor is reduced in comparison to BF2. The game seems to be dumbed down a bit in regards to control and gameplay commands but for anyone who hasn't played BF2 that shouldn't be an issue. Also, this game is very demanding on your PC.
Summary: Amazing game and certainly one of the best current multiplayer FPS games released. Lacking some of the Pro's from past BF games but makes it up for it in ...
Summary: Amazing game and certainly one of the best current multiplayer FPS games released. Lacking some of the Pro's from past BF games but makes it up for it in other areas. If you have the money and good enough PC buy this game. If you are debating between this and COD...This wins hands-down. Very well developed game.
Good shame could not get past Airborne in Win7 64bit
by Richard Drabble on April 24, 2010
Pros: Good shootem up, good graphics.
Cons: Tried to get past Airborne cockpit exit and game crashed, according to support not tested on 64 Bit windows 7, so game no longer works. They manage to test it send out updates then maybe it will get a better star rating as it was quite a good game.
Good game...if you dont want to play online
by Anarchy738 on March 5, 2010
Pros: 1. A short but well thought out campaign game
2. Good progression through the ranks
3. Very playable combat system
Cons: There are others, but the biggest is the ABSOLUTELY AWFUL SUPPORT AND SERVER FAILURES.
Summary: Although a very fun game, especially the pvp aspects, in the 72 hours I have owned it, I have been able to play it online for about 3 hours. The ...
Summary: Although a very fun game, especially the pvp aspects, in the 72 hours I have owned it, I have been able to play it online for about 3 hours. The servers are ALWAYS down, you cannot set up a LAN game, and the replayability of the campaign game is severly limited.
Bottom line: an excellent game if you have short term memory loss, and want to keep replaying the campaign, since that is all you will reliably have access to.
The best online shooter. End of.
by Doug_Pirahna on March 16, 2010
Pros: Excellent single player campaign. Online multiplayer is challenging and great fun, with huge maps, destructible landscape and buildings, without the manic backyard fragfest that is any of the Call Of Duty games.
Cons: None that I've found.
Summary: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 simply blows away Modern Warfare 2. It blows everything away in fact. You simply have to get this game. Trade in your MW2 while you're ...
Summary: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 simply blows away Modern Warfare 2. It blows everything away in fact. You simply have to get this game. Trade in your MW2 while you're at it, cos you won't be playing it again after this.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Electronic Arts Inc.
- Part number: 19036
- Description: Set in the near future, the Battlefield: Bad Company single-player campaign drops gamers behind enemy lines as part of a squad of four soldiers - risking it all to go AWOL on a personal quest. Featuring a dramatic storyline flavored with attitude, Battlefield: Bad Company leads gamers far from the traditional frontlines on a wild ride with a group of renegade soldiers who decide that sometimes the gratitude of a nation just isn't enough. The Battlefield: Bad Company cinematic single-player experience captures the freedom and intensity of the Battlefield series' multiplayer sandbox gameplay in a dynamic world where nearly everything is destructible. Players have total freedom to be daring and innovative, adapting to and tackling challenges in unexpected Battlefield-style ways. Create sniping positions by blowing out a piece of a wall or drive your tank straight through a small house. The ever-changing battlefield forces players, their teammates and enemies to react accordingly. The game also features an objective based multiplayer game mode "Gold Rush", supporting 24 players online. Play as attackers and defenders and make full use of the tactical destruction as well as the unique vehicle experience of Battlefield: Bad Company.
Product Basic Spec
- Platform PC
- ESRB rating Mature - Strong Language,Blood,Violence
- Genre Action
- Elements Action - first person shooter
- Developer EA DICE
- ESRB Mature
- ESRB descriptors Strong Language,Blood,Violence
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse Electronic Arts Inc. products on Shopper.com
- Manufacturer:Electronic Arts Inc.
1450 Fashion Island Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94404
- Phone: 650/571-7171